pigskinronin is offline Starter

Re: Loss can =playoffs

I'm repeating myself from a post I made after our preseason loss to the Chargers, but this is the way I look at it.

2 seasons in a row we started fast out of the gate, but went on a downslide halfway through the season. The sad part about it... not much the Vikings could do to fix it because we didn't have the talent on the defense.

I'm optimistic about this season. Sure.. I would have loved to start off the season just dominating team after team, but the Vikes are a 'work in progress'.

Our defense looks good, and will only get better with more playing time together. I saw intensity and speed out there that I haven't seen in more than a decade from our team. Attitude, confidence, and a desire to be the best defense out there will drive them.

The common feeling is we upgraded our defense and now our offense will struggle. Sure.. I saw the same problems everyone else did, but the big difference to me --- we have the talent and leadership in place to fix the problems on offense.

My point --- instead of a overacheiving team that starts off well and doesn't have much room for improvement....

I see a uber-talented team that has the talent to get stronger as the season wears on--- and may be clicking on all cylinders when we get to the playoffs.

Valhalladeath is offline Training Camp

Re: Loss can =playoffs

Finally, a voice of reason! I was thinking the exact same thing after the game was done. I still have a lot of confidence in this team, and I think that they will get better as each game passes.