V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: "Lets trade an RB!" Hell No!

Given your argument, bringing in a new RB wouldn't solve the problem much if not at all. The offensive system Edgerrin James is in is more potent than ours, so putting him against 8 in the box might not make much of a difference. Alexander is more experienced by one year over Bennet.
    I'm not trying to take anything away from these guys, but they don't offer much of an upside to what we already have. Sure Alexander has 4 straight years over 1000 yards, but it is an offense built around him. Our offense is built around Culpepper and if we bring in Alexander we won't be using him to our full potential.

Canada's reasons to get Alexander:
    Lesser passing threat means we need a stronger runner.
    OL is worse than last year.
    Unproven RBs

None of these issues deal directly with the RB issue. If we have a lesser passing threat, we need to change our passing game so it is more efficient. If Birk is injured, wouldn't it make more sense to hire a veteran Center than a better RB? Withrow has done great as a backup.
    Eentually, you have to give young guys the oppurtunity to prove themselves. Getting Alexander would be so sad because we would have so much potential rotting away on our bench.

We will have to rely more on our running game next year, but that does not mean our running game has to get better. If we average the same ypc as we did last year but run it more, I think we'll be headed to the Super Bowl.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I was actually agreeing with you that we shouldn't get another RB - because it would screw up our cap, and like you said , we do need to start giving the young guys a chance. I was just saying that I would feel much more comfortable with an offence with Alexander as the RB than any of our unproven youngsters. For example, you said we shouldn't get Alex because we wouldn't be using him to his full potential. Well, like you said he has an offence built around him in Seattle (where they have 0 passing game) and he still manages to kick @ss. Well, if we threw him into the Vikings mix, then no matter what the defence does he will run for a lot of yards, and if they put 8 in the box, then our Culpepper and our passing game will destroy the secondary.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

damviking is offline Training Camp

both backs are more durable then bennet! Alexander can play smash mouth football all day long. bennet cant take a light hit. Im not saying trade but bennet is not the answer, play the young guys.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

MOORE is clearly the future of the franchise, unless fason somehow passes him in the next couple of years..the thing moore has is elusiveness, and a great ability to hit the hole, with suprising power too..he would have guys dragging all over him trying to take him down..he is more of what we need, we dont need to be running power sweeps all day long since bennett cant run through a midget
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.