Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Re. Chester Taylor hurt?

I'm glad it's not a Hip Pointer, those could nag at you, and are easily re-injured. CT hurt himself a couple plays before that attempted screen, that's why you can't see how he was injured on that play. He still might miss a week.

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

"vike_mike" wrote:
    I am not getting it though.
    I recorded the game on DVD and I have gone over the play, even in slow motion and I just don't get the injury.
    The only possible way he got touched is when he had slight contact with Artis Hicks.
    Weird cenario.
    Great game.
    I believe that TJack is getting this WCO.
    Things can only get better.
    Sydney Rice needs great kudos for a great game.
    The whole defense needs a game ball.
    Excellent job!
    Marcus McCauley's dad will get him for that missed tackle on Roddy White, but still good job anyway.
    I think it was a play before.. you can see some1's knee slamming down on his upper thigh/hip area.

when he stretched out to get the pass seems like he felt the pain.

i remember getting a bone bruise in hockey on my hip just below the padding.. i stood up to leave not feeling anything and as soon as i dug in the skate to launch.. the pain hit..
    and i fell.
    so i can understand the delay.. hope he returns soon, as much as I luv AP.. we need both in there to make it truely dynamic!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"howln4u" wrote:
    the question is even if he is back or not next week, why did the vikings go into the game season with 3 RB and 3 (yes 3) FB?

I love MM but since he is entering his last year of his contract and I cant see us paying him enough to keep him with CT and AP, I thought we should have traded him and kept Pinner and Fason.

Instead we cut Fason and Pinner.

Doesnt make any sense to me at all.

Why was MM deactivated for the game.
    As I have stated several times before, Memo is very valuable to this team both as a running back & a punt returner.

His salary is peanuts. Only $430,500 for last year & in fact for the 3 years prior to this one, Memo has only been paid $1.3 mil.

For a player who averaged 5.5 yards per carry last year, 4.8 yards per carry over his career, Memo is a steal.

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=moore&player=3465

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

[size=13pt]Vikings RB Chester Taylor hurting, status uncertain after Sunday injury[/size]

12 hours ago
    canadianpress.google.com

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota Vikings running back Chester Taylor was receiving treatment Monday for a painful injury on his side that sidelined him in the first quarter of the season opener Sunday.....

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "howln4u" wrote:
    the question is even if he is back or not next week, why did the vikings go into the game season with 3 RB and 3 (yes 3) FB?

I love MM but since he is entering his last year of his contract and I cant see us paying him enough to keep him with CT and AP, I thought we should have traded him and kept Pinner and Fason.

Instead we cut Fason and Pinner.

Doesnt make any sense to me at all.

Why was MM deactivated for the game.
    As I have stated several times before, Memo is very valuable to this team both as a running back & a punt returner.

His salary is peanuts. Only $430,500 for last year & in fact for the 3 years prior to this one, Memo has only been paid $1.3 mil.

For a player who averaged 5.5 yards per carry last year, 4.8 yards per carry over his career, Memo is a steal.

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?lname=moore&player=3465
    I agree that MeMo is dirt cheap and has more value then cost..

but will he remain low cost if we keep extend his contract?
    he's got skillz, but he's rarely able to showcase them, and when he's been called on to be the #1.. he's never utilized it.. so.. we'll see what the value/cost is at the end of this one. and see where the Tri powerheads go with MeMo's future.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

[size=13pt]Taylor remains part of the plan[/size]

If veteran is healthy, he'll start Sunday

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 09/11/2007 12:14:21 AM CDT

It's going to take more than one big game by Adrian Peterson for the Vikings to shake up their running back rotation....

[size=13pt]Taylor's status uncertain because of muscle bruise[/size]

Running back Chester Taylor underwent an MRI exam Monday that revealed no structural damage but did show a bruised oblique muscle, according to Vikings coach Brad Childress. The muscle is located near the lower part of the rib cage.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: September 11, 2007 – 12:46 AM

[size=13pt]Taylor limited; injury report[/size]

September 12th, 2007 - 4:06 PM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

Running back Chester Taylor, who did limited work in practice today as he recovers from a bruised oblique muscle, will have about 30 friends and family members at Ford Field for Sunday’s game in Detroit......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234