Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re: CHANGE QBS

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: CHANGE QBS

care to elaborate a bit more on that statement?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

NO

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1084547
    NO
    That's about all that needs to be said.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1084548
    NO
    +1

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Any reason why you wonldn't want Vince. He has an incredible win loss % with terrible Wrs. Not sure what the hate is about. Is he deadly accurate as Brees or Manning? Nope both those guys only have 1 ring to their names and are elite Qbs. Everyone else has failed to win a ring like Vince. I would prefer Mcnabb but Vince would be acceptable.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

When you see his team mates bashing him:

Former Titans center Kevin Mawae spoke candidly about Vince Young, suggesting he doesn't have the leadership skills of other quarterbacks around the league.
    Mawae granted that Young has "all the talent in the world" and wins games. "But as far as being the consummate pro like some of the other guys in the league," Mawae said, "it's disappointing that he hasn't taken that step." Mawae believes that either Young or coach Jeff Fisher has to go in 2011 and that V.Y. needs a "change of scenery" to reach his potential.
    Source: ESPN.com

And you read about his questionable desire to play in the NFL, and his inability to perform at a consistent level...

Why bring this type of issue in?

Coach Jeff Fisher still hasn't spoken with Vince Young since the quarterback walked out on his teammates following a loss to the Redskins on Nov. 21.
    "There's no excuse for what he did," Fisher said. "This is not just Vince, it's most players in general: I think it's understanding what it takes to be a pro, and the time commitment ... And that it's a privilege to play in the National Football League." Fisher obviously hasn't softened his stance with time. Unless V.Y. reaches some sort of football epiphany, this relationship is irreparable.
    Source: Nashville Tennessean

Coach Jeff Fisher told Titans players Monday that Vince Young had quit on the team and that's why he wasn't going to be allowed in team meetings.
    Fisher instructed quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains to boot Young from the Titans' facility Monday. The Titans are now claiming that Young was told only that he "wasn't needed for a team meeting" and that he wasn't banned from Baptist Sports Park. "He has been placed on injured reserve and all the same rules apply to him as to any other player in that category." It's clear that V.Y. is persona non grata with Fisher, but the Titans are treading carefully here to avoid a repeat of Steve McNair's 2006 banishment.
    Source: ESPN.com

When a player is in the press that much with questions of work ethic, attitude, and commitment, it should throw a HUGE red flag on that player.

Sure, he has a lot of talent...

...but he has a lot of baggage too, and I'm not confident it would be worth it unless we had someone like Cowher or Chucky here who could keep him on task.

No way Bevell gets that done...

Caine

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Change QBs, obviously yes. Vince Young, not so sure...my radar is up regarding a QB that isn't making the grade with Jeff Fisher.

The right QB depends on many factors. Personally, I want one with an edge, an attitude, a take charge field general...as Rich Gannon says, "a successful QB has got to have some prick hmy: in him." Meaning, he's gotta take charge, be forceful, be the man. Illustratively, when in practice, if the 1st Team offense doesn't do it the way Peyton Manning likes, they do it again...because he makes them. Or, NOBODY, speaks out of turn in the Patriots huddle due to Tom Brady's leadership. Yes, they are elite QBs, but, there are some signs of up and comers, like Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, hell, even the guy I thought the Vikes should have drafted this year, Colt McCoy.

We need a leader at the QB position...not so sure Vince Young has a strong enough work ethic. Is he talented, capable, yep. Book on him is not the hardest worker, takes the easy way out, doesn't study, simply doesn't put in enough time. I'm not a hater, but, we don't need that baggage.

Caine's post went up whilst I was scribbling mine..........

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Not really sure one way or another on Young, but some of the same knocks against him are the same ones leveled against Vick.

Now, the "new Vick" really only has a season or two where he has demonstrated he has turned it around, but I think he has a very good support system in place.

The QB position is not just about skill, it is about leadership.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "ThorSPL" #1084549
    Quote Originally Posted by "Culpepper_4717" #1084548
    NO
    +1
    Yep, that sums it up nicely.

OTOH maybe jackson would be a good fit in Tennessee.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "sullystone" #1084545
    BLAH BLAH BLAH I"M A TROLL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast