Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    The dude broke a tackle and at least 2 ankles on that play. The only thing Gerhart has managed to break is my remote control because I threw it across the room after his 3rd fumble on 4 carries at the end of the niners game last year.
    That's funny shit there! I agree with Marr, Line is a FB, and could be a damn good one... With receiving and running skills. Practice Squad bound.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    People don't like Toby because he's a bit slower than AD, now way they will like this guy. Need to keep working him as a FB but he will never be a RB in this league.
    A bit?! What are you talking about? Line looked faster than Toby.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    The dude broke a tackle and at least 2 ankles on that play. The only thing Gerhart has managed to break is my remote control because I threw it across the room after his 3rd fumble on 4 carries at the end of the niners game last year.
    You forgot about the laceration that required 5 stitches.....

Rookie Zach Line: 61 Yards, 5 Stitches

Undrafted Vikings Rookie Zach Line: 61 Yards, 5 Stitches CBS Minnesota

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Being a halfback for the Minnesota Vikings must suck.

First of all, you'll barely get to see the field as long as Adrian Peterson is healthy. And second, Peterson is one of the fastest running backs in the NFL. He would make almost anyone look slow.

Toby Gerhart actually has pretty good speed for a running back. He runs the 40 yard dash in the low 4.5's, which is very good for a 230 pounds RB. Toby is big and tall, and he's a long-strider which can give a wrong illusion, next to playing on the same team as Adrian

Zach Line runs a 4.7 and is smaller than Gerhart (Zach is still considerably bigger than the average NFL RB). Zach reminds me of another Viking: Matt Asiata. He's also a HB/FB tweener who runs a 4.7, and he's a tiny bit smaller than Zach. I don't like to get stuck in the 40 times and I think Asiata is underrated as a halfback.

Why? He might lack the long-speed, but he's quick. Sure, having a player like Adrian who can make long runs and score many TD's is optimal. But as long as the guys are quick enough to move the chains, like Asiata and Zach Line, they will eventually reach the end-zone. And sometimes break a long run... because not all defensive players are speed-demons either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12