Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB Situation

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: RB Situation

I do not think that James is going to have the same type of production if Arizona's line stay the same! And if the Vikes get Hutch and another guard and with a line of McKinney, Hutch, Birk, ?, Johnson (will be much better with real coaches) I think that Taylor has a break out year and we are looking at 1200 yards rushing. If we do not get Hutch and the line is the same as we had last year, without new guards 800 to 900 yards at the most!

The only way we will know for sure, is at the end of next season!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Cagey_Fan is offline Rookie

I believe Chester Taylor was a good pickup, he should do well with the Vikes and i also believe the coaching staff has the situation under control, and remember not all big name backs worked well for the Vikes. Herschal Walker remember him folks, we gave up alot for him.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

chester taylor is going to be fine. with hutch even better. yes taylor was a back-up so far but he had some good games with limited play time.

and i think childress is happy daunte is gone. i also think he is having a sigh of relief that he no longer has a QB that scrambles too much, holds onto the ball too long like daunte and donavon. he finally has a QB that will get rid of the ball fast and accurate. childress is very happy at this point. everything he has done so far has lead to building a stronger WCO.

i think once the hutch thing is finished and we have him, we will have all the tools to run a great offense. great TE's, a blocking FB, strong Oline, accurate QB, and decent WR's and running game. i definately like what childress has done so far.

re-signing Krob and Offord to boot. Offord is going to be our starting other safety if need be and i am confortable with that.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    chester taylor is going to be fine. with hutch even better. yes taylor was a back-up so far but he had some good games with limited play time.

and i think childress is happy daunte is gone. i also think he is having a sigh of relief that he no longer has a QB that scrambles too much, holds onto the ball too long like daunte and donavon. he finally has a QB that will get rid of the ball fast and accurate. childress is very happy at this point. everything he has done so far has lead to building a stronger WCO.

i think once the hutch thing is finished and we have him, we will have all the tools to run a great offense. great TE's, a blocking FB, strong Oline, accurate QB, and decent WR's and running game. i definately like what childress has done so far.

re-signing Krob and Offord to boot. Offord is going to be our starting other safety if need be and i am confortable with that.

Offford was playing well before he was injured, I hope he can come back healthy! but I would like to see us get another safety, and we need a nickel back!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

we NEED NEED NEED NEED another CB (mcquarters is off the market)..we need another safety (demps, milloy) because offord is a better than average backup/special teamer, but only a decent starter..as for RB, onterrio smith can steal the starting job back if he comes to camp in shape and ready to play, otherwise i have confidence in taylor becoming a big time back
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree. I think the running back position is very weak yet. Can be production if they level out the O line, but the vikes need more than a handful of 210 lb backs. I don't know what Taylor is capable of, but I bet he doesn't offer much more than Moore or Bennett. If the case is made on a stronger O line, then why not keep Bennett? We know he can have good games behind an o line and his speed is unmatched. And I am no great Bennett fan, but the point I am trying to make is let's go get a power back for some change up.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

We got Taylor because he can catch out of the backfield which is crucial in a WCO, plus he can block pretty good and he is supposed to be pretty physical for his size

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    We got Taylor because he can catch out of the backfield which is crucial in a WCO, plus he can block pretty good and he is supposed to be pretty physical for his size
    So in your opinion, he will be a quality back for the Vikes? He fits our plan nicely, better than the backs we have? I have no idea myself.

KirillDM is offline Rookie

If we still had tice as head coach I would Guerantee we would draft a RB in the 4th round...but since we dont I think we will stick witht he roation we got now for this year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12