Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RB situation

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: RB situation

"FuadFan" wrote:
    If Bennett does do well there will be more crow to serve than I've ever seen before.
    LOL this is true, same with Mewelde though, unless he proves otherwise...

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    If Bennett does do well there will be more crow to serve than I've ever seen before.
    Not really there are far more people backing the starting of Moore then Bennett. ( I am a Bennett backer so you know if I need to eat crow later and get on me for it.)
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    Not really there are far more people backing the starting of Moore then Bennett. ( I am a Bennett backer so you know if I need to eat crow later and get on me for it.)
    I stopped backing anyone :lol: There sure are alot of people cheering for Mewelde though, of course, there were alot who booed when we drafted Kevin Williams...

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:
    "FuadFan" wrote:
    I stopped backing anyone :lol: There sure are alot of people cheering for Mewelde though, of course, there were alot who booed when we drafted Kevin Williams...
    The nerve! :roll:

Bennett will start and if he doesnt do well MeMo will get his chance. If he screws up, Bennett will go back in. If he isnt getting it done still, Fason and Moe will come in and clean up.
    Lets just hope that Bennett is healthy enough to go and MeMo as well. I would like to see all of them do well. Why Not??? After all, they are all Vikings!!!!!!!
    SKOL!!!! :cheers:

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

MOE! MOE! MOE!

[color=red]

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I hate to say this, but from what Tice is saying it is going to be running back by committee.

I hate running back by committee it never works. Tice, pick a guy and try him for a game, if that guy can not do it then next week try another guy, and so on.

But it sounds like they will be switching each set of downs and rotating through the backs.

Tice you idiot!!! You should have traded for somebody that could be the work horse.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

It works good in HS, that way you can have your RB run the play in to the offense.

So if this was Highschool football Tice would be doing a fine damn job.....

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Tice a Fantasy Football Nightmare
    Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:10:11 -0700

Updating previous reports, the Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice called himself a "fantasy football player's nightmare" Wednesday, Sept 7. As previously noted, Tice provided little insight into how he will deploy his four-headed backfield Sunday, Sept. 11, but if practice Wednesday, Sept. 7, was any indication, it appears the Vikings will rotate RBs Moe Williams, Michael Bennett, Mewelde Moore and possibly rookie RB Ciatrick Fason throughout the game. Bennett said "I think I'm starting" but said he fully expected a rotation for the remainder of the game.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I too want a clear cut starter wether it's Bennet, or MeMo, the other comes in as a change of pace back. Moe's the 3rd down guy, and Fason should also get some 2nd half touches. But we need someone to distinguish themself and stay healthy, so when that o-line comes together we will be set, and our running game gets stronger as the o-line improves every game.

Prophet Guest

On a side note, Tice would have nabbed one of the 'big three' in the draft if they would have been available it appears. I saw a thread somewhere posing this question....couldn't find it.

Homer Tice says that he would have drafted Cadillac Williams instead of Troy Williamson, if Williams had been available at No. 7. (Link)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast