Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Ray Edwards would have sought revenge for Favre

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/12/ray-edwards-says-he-would-have-sought-revenge-for-favre/

Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards says he didn't know that the Saints were pounding quarterback Brett Favre during the NFC title game.

And Edwards says that, if he had known, he would have done something about it.

"Taking those hit that he took [against New Orleans] I wish I would have known that they did that because I don't really watch the offense," Edwards told Paul Allen and Paul Charchian of KFAN on Friday, per Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I would have sure done the same thing to [Saints quarterback Drew] Brees because that wasn't right."

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Ray Edwards would have sought revenge for Favre

Thanks for the read my friend.

How cool has it been to watch this guy mature? What a damn fine suprise for most of us.

I for one never thought he would be able to make the shift to the LDE position. Really thought the extra weight would slow him down and cause him to get injured alot.

I hope the staff opts to resign him so I can get Ibleed to sell me one of his jerseys.....

On a side note, how cool is it to see 2 of the 2006 class talking a bit of shit? I wonder if that is by design as mandated by the "non existant" PR staff or are TJ and Ray ready to assume some of that "Leadership" kindof stuff expected of Vets?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Resign him for that comment. Sorry Kampman.

I want revenge next year.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

OK, good for Ray...I love what he's saying here. And good points Marr.

Wonder why Frazier (or anyone else) didn't bring this to the attention of the defense during the game...

He'll be resigned...and with every passing day I am more and more convinced Favre will be back.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

purpledoom is offline Starter

I like hearing this. To be brutally honest I hope they beat Brees into the ground when we play them next year. And I'm not usually that way and Brees seems to be a great guy. But you just can't let a beating like that go unanswered.

purpledoom is offline Starter

I like hearing this. To be brutally honest I hope they beat Brees into the ground when we play them next year. And I'm not usually that way and Brees seems to be a great guy. But you just can't let a beating like that go unanswered.

1hotchev is offline Training Camp

several times this year I cringed watching farve get hit, sometimes late, no respect. or some cheap shot on A.P. I wish I could climb through the tv, be on the team and crack some fool in revenge, of course I would get squiched by some 285 pound linebacker, but if Ray Edwards will do it for real, i'm all in to get on the list to pay the league fine.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike wrote:
    ...Wonder why Frazier (or anyone else) didn't bring this to the attention of the defense during the game...
    I wonder that too. Our front four determine how our Defense plays. Had Frazier fired them up by highlighting the beating that Favre was taking, they might have finally rattled Brees a bit. But, he (Frazier) didn't. To me, that just illustrates why he isn't ready to be a HC...he doesn't adjust.

On the flip side, why didn't someone get in McKinneys and Loadholts faces too? McKinney has been a disappointment for a long time, and I worry that he's rubbing off on Loadholt. We have no need for two underperformaing tackles...

It's all that damn Mark Wilf's fault anyway...

Caine

Voodoo Man is offline Rookie

MulletMullitia wrote:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/12/ray-edwards-says-he-would-have-sought-revenge-for-favre/

Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards says he didn't know that the Saints were pounding quarterback Brett Favre during the NFC title game.

"Taking those hit that he took [against New Orleans] I wish I would have known that they did that because I don't really watch the offense," Edwards told Paul Allen and Paul Charchian of KFAN on Friday, per Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I would have sure done the same thing to [Saints quarterback Drew] Brees because that wasn't right."
    Was he not trying to get to Brees during the game??? LOL He will have to get to Brees beofre he "does the same thing." He must have just been holding back a little during the NFCCG I guess.

There was areason he and the rest of the Vikings D did not get to Brees and that is the Saints O line and backs, plus Brees himself.

This should be a great start to the NLF season with Vikings/Saints meeting up again. I hope the NFL does not open with Steelers/Saints.
    None

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Voodoo Man wrote:
    MulletMullitia wrote:

Was he not trying to get to Brees during the game??? LOL He will have to get to Brees beofre he "does the same thing." He must have just been holding back a little during the NFCCG I guess.

There was areason he and the rest of the Vikings D did not get to Brees and that is the Saints O line and backs, plus Brees himself.

This should be a great start to the NLF season with Vikings/Saints meeting up again. I hope the NFL does not open with Steelers/Saints.
    I have to agree that is a ridiculous premise. The Saints coaching staff did a good job of beefing up the questionable o-line with a lot of help blocking. That meant not being very productive in the run or passing game, actually, downright crappy in both. But, it was a W and a trip to the first SB and that is all that matters if you're a Saints fan.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast