Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Ray Edwards suffers back injury

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Edwards sidelined again[/size]

by Sean Jensen on June 7, 2008 2:02 PM
    blogs.twincities.com

Vikings DE Ray Edwards, who has stated that he wants to break the NFL single-season sack record, hasn't been able to get on the field yet for this mini-camp. He missed another practice Saturday morning, with an undisclosed injury.....
    Special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro is one of the happiest people at Winter Park. With coach Brad Childress committed to his unit, Ferraro can pull anyone into his unit, including Pro Bowl RB Adrian Peterson. On Saturday, Peterson fielded a few kickoffs, something Ferraro said could occur during the season.
    I know he helped us win that Bears game by getting a great return but this scares me. It is bad enough that he wants to see 2000 yards and most likely will be running hard often in games.
    If you have arguably one of the all time greats in his prime, you give him the opportunities to make the plays. If he wears out (which we already know he doesn't), or gets injured, we have a great backup. Why should the team try to take touches away from the best player on the team? No one ever did this with Barry Sanders or Walter Peyton did they?

You can't try to say a guy won't be injured if he only gets 15 touches a game. Injuries happen to every player, and the severity really just comes down to luck.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

blogs.twincities.com

Vikings DE Ray Edwards, who has stated that he wants to break the NFL single-season sack record, hasn't been able to get on the field yet for this mini-camp. He missed another practice Saturday morning, with an undisclosed injury.....
    Special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro is one of the happiest people at Winter Park. With coach Brad Childress committed to his unit, Ferraro can pull anyone into his unit, including Pro Bowl RB Adrian Peterson. On Saturday, Peterson fielded a few kickoffs, something Ferraro said could occur during the season.
    I know he helped us win that Bears game by getting a great return but this scares me. It is bad enough that he wants to see 2000 yards and most likely will be running hard often in games.
    If you have arguably one of the all time greats in his prime, you give him the opportunities to make the plays. If he wears out (which we already know he doesn't), or gets injured, we have a great backup. Why should the team try to take touches away from the best player on the team? No one ever did this with Barry Sanders or Walter Peyton did they?

You can't try to say a guy won't be injured if he only gets 15 touches a game. Injuries happen to every player, and the severity really just comes down to luck.
    Barry Sanders rarely returned kicks. Moss was great returner and almost never was out there. Superstars seldom return kicks.

Sanders was taken out of the offense in goal to go situations.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Chazz" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

blogs.twincities.com

Barry Sanders rarely returned kicks. Moss was great returner and almost never was out there. Superstars seldom return kicks.

Sanders was taken out of the offense in goal to go situations.
    Neither of them were half as physical as AD.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Back injury will keep Edwards out indefinitely[/size]

By JUDD [email protected]
    Last update: July 25, 2008 - 7:21 AM

MANKATO - A lower-back injury will land defensive end Ray Edwards on the physically-unable-to-perform list when the Vikings hold their first training camp practice today at Minnesota State Mankato.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"VikingMike" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Back injury will keep Edwards out indefinitely[/size]

By JUDD [email protected]
    Last update: July 25, 2008 - 7:21 AM

MANKATO - A lower-back injury will land defensive end Ray Edwards on the physically-unable-to-perform list when the Vikings hold their first training camp practice today at Minnesota State Mankato.
    I realize Robison is behind Allen, but maybe this will allow Robison to step up and take more reps with the first team. I'd honestly like our line to eventually be Robison, Williams, Williams, Allen....
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hey, anyone remember that yutz Marrdro trying to say how dumb it is to have guys add weight so they can play out of position and how players seem to be a bit more injury prone after adding said weight?

Maybe that yutz was right?

Seriously, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate it when players have to add weight at the NFL level to play out of position.
    Sure Ray played LDE in college, however, I bet if we looked it was in/around the 260ish range.

Anyone know what he is at right now?
    My guess would be in the high 270's to mid 280's.
    Shit starts happening when they add that much.

DAMN......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

hey, i could be wrong, but has anyone/source actually said Edwards was adding weight?
    I haven't heard anything, now i haven't read everything, but I stil lhaven't heard of it.
    Injuries happen.
    If a FOOTBALL player's body can't handle adding 10 lbs in a year, should they really be playing football?
    How much weight do you think college kids add their first year of playing in the pros?
    lots of the smaller ones put on tonnes of weight, and lots of them are fine.
    I guess we should keep Kevin Williams out of the gym then, don't want him getting bigger and hurting himself.

sh01002 is offline Rookie

adding weight will add/create the back problems for sure
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

heard its nothing serious

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

nothing to worry about

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast