Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Ray Edwards return date

I havent heard anyone talk about this. I am sure it probably has been, but I couldnt find anything using the search feature.

So anyway I think I remember hearing that Edwards' suspension was 4 weeks right?
    So counting last week, does that mean that he will be back for the first playoff game (assuming that there is one) correct?
    I assume when a player is suspended he cannot practice with the team, but do you know how extensive they are on no contact?
    Can a player workout at the team facilities, or sit in on any meetings, film sessions, etc?
    I imagine not, but I just wondered.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Ray Edwards return date

"Turboe" wrote:
    I havent heard anyone talk about this. I am sure it probably has been, but I couldnt find anything using the search feature.

So anyway I think I remember hearing that Edwards' suspension was 4 weeks right?
    So counting last week, does that mean that he will be back for the first playoff game (assuming that there is one) correct?
    I assume when a player is suspended he cannot practice with the team, but do you know how extensive they are on no contact?
    Can a player workout at the team facilities, or sit in on any meetings, film sessions, etc?
    I imagine not, but I just wondered.

Yes. Yes. Correct, they can not be in team facilities whatsoever.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Players who are suspended under this Policy will be placed on the Reserve/Commissioner Suspension list. During the period that he is on Reserve/Commissioner Suspension, the player will not be paid, nor may he participate in team activities, use the Club’s facilities or have contact with any Club officials except to arrange off-site medical treatment. Before a player is reinstated following a suspension, he must test negative for all Prohibited Substances under this policy and must be approved as fit for play by his team physician.

In addition to the suspension imposed on him, any player suspended for a violation of the Policy will be ineligible for selection to the Pro Bowl, or to receive any other honors or awards from the League or the NFL Players Association, for the season in which the violation is upheld (i.e., following any appeals) and in which the suspension is served."

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I've never understood why they cannot practice with, nor have contact with, the organization.
    Granted, he's not being paid, but why would you take away what may be a troubled individual's only chance at being with decent people?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"SKOL" wrote:
    I've never understood why they cannot practice with, nor have contact with, the organization.
    Granted, he's not being paid, but why would you take away what may be a troubled individual's only chance at being with decent people?
    It's a punishment. He was with those decent people before and he still got in trouble, time to try something else. I personally hope that he has played his last game as a viking, no need have one bad apple bring the team down.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    It's a punishment. He was with those decent people before and he still got in trouble, time to try something else. I personally hope that he has played his last game as a viking, no need have one bad apple bring the team down.
    That's a little harsh.

While I understand the need for discipline, I personally wish we would have given Koren Robinson another chance.
    The Packers are now benefiting by our lack of patience with him.
    But that's another subject, and that's just me.
    If we let Edwards go I'd bet that it would come back to haunt us.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Have we even heard the whole story on this?
    I never read if he was claiming is was accidental (supplement) or anything ???

Given the pressure he's provided this year, I'll have to give him another chance this time around!
    He may be the force needed to help balance out the experience edge that every other playoff QB will have against us.
    I do hope none of our other guys are on it.

NOT eligible for probowl huh?
    Is that new?
    Seems like Merriman played in it last year...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Have we even heard the whole story on this?
    I never read if he was claiming is was accidental (supplement) or anything ???

Given the pressure he's provided this year, I'll have to give him another chance this time around!
    He may be the force needed to help balance out the experience edge that every other playoff QB will have against us.
    I do hope none of our other guys are on it.

NOT eligible for probowl huh?
    Is that new?
    Seems like Merriman played in it last year...?
    Yes it is new, and it is directly because of Merriman last year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Thanks for the rule set so wI know how the rule is. I didnt know how it worked for sure. Anyway I heard it was for 4 weeks.So I assume he will be able to be back in time for playoff as long as he test ok for the drug etc. HE BETTER! We will need him We seek revenge on GB BAD
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

The bigger question in my mind is how will he perform after he has been off the juice.
    There really is no such thing as accidently taking a performance enhancing substance. That's just an attempt
    to save face.These guys are responsible for what goes in their body. They know what they are using.
    Many players aren't nearly as good once they stop using. Let's hope Edwards isn't one of them.
    I remember the KC scrimmage came abruptly to an end when Edwards got in a fight. Was he roided up then?

He has been very good. I hope he gets even better off the juice.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast