Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

Re: Ray Edwards Replacement?

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    sure dt si a bigger need with fat pat reaching his climax but it sure is nice to dream...
    We'll be investing in a QB at some point soon.
    DT will be a need soon.
    We have a good player there, not sure we can give up that high of a pick for a luxury.
    I for one am a believer in Mr. Jackson, he was getting exponentially better, and now is learning from one of the best of all-time, I'm sure a high draft pick will be spent on a young qb, but don't discount Jackson either... as far as Pat... he seems to have lost a step, and it won't be any better next year... we need to either fill that spot via free agency, or the draft, but it needs to be addressed.
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Brian Robison.
    Otherwise we could always resign Edwards.
    I doubt he costs us too much.

At QB I like Jackson.
    He will learn from Favre and has enough weapons to do good on this team.

Time for Leber to go.
    Imagine a first round talent at LB with Greenway/Henderson/______.
    Somebody fast and athletic that can run step for step with a TE and make plays for us.

Either that or a safety as it's a deep safety class.
    Madieu Williams has had a TERRIBLE year but Tyrell Johnson has been improving drastically (has still made some mistakes) and we have next to no depth.

"Yfz01" wrote:
    Brian Robison.
    Otherwise we could always resign Edwards.
    I doubt he costs us too much.

At QB I like Jackson.
    He will learn from Favre and has enough weapons to do good on this team.

Time for Leber to go.
    Imagine a first round talent at LB with Greenway/Henderson/______.
    Somebody fast and athletic that can run step for step with a TE and make plays for us.

Either that or a safety as it's a deep safety class.
    Madieu Williams has had a TERRIBLE year but Tyrell Johnson has been improving drastically (has still made some mistakes) and we have next to no depth.
    See Robison is a Lance Johnstone type player, we can't rely on him for 3 downs, he is such a liability in the run game, that's why you have a player like that rotate in on 3rd downs, he wouldn't be awful, but wouldn't provide us with the ability to dominate with Kampman, Allen and K. Williams all on the same line (two of the best DE's with THE BEST DT)

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

kampman would be nice to have. if hes a free agent after this season, its all fair game. lol id luv to see the look on Ted Thompsons face when Kampman and Allen are sandwiching Aaron Rodgers for a sack, lol

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I'm not sure he's worth a 1st rounder and I doubt we would be on their list of suitors...
    are you kidding me? the pack have him playing out of position and if he were franchised would get a first @ least for the guy, remember elite pass rushers don't grow on trees...
    They don't, but again - I ultimately do not think they would deal him to us.
    I have no doubt they wouldn't trade him to us, it's just the fact their offensive line is so porous, if they can't reach a deal with clifton by free agency they would choose to tag him over 74, thus allowing him to choose where he goes...
    I'm pretty sure that this won't be an issue. Clifton's near the end of his career. He's a Runyan, a Tauscher, a Jones. Someone who's so beat down that he only holds value to his current team. We'll resign him if necessary, although I'm hoping for a 1st round tackle to be plugged in there. But that's an entirely different story.

Kampman will be tagged, I think. With no new CBA, our only other guy worthy of a tag, Nick Collins, would be a restricted FA. I think that we'll do the same with Kampman as we did with Corey Williams. Tag him and trade him.

I was actually hoping for some wild trade scenario. Giving a 2nd to the Charges for Merriman and getting Kampman to the Titans for a 2nd. Trading Kampman and a 3rd for Gross. Something like that. Very unlikely, but one can dream.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Rock, good OT's are rarely on the market... you don't think your front office will make every effort possible to keep Clifton, especially considering Rodgers is on pace to get sacked a near record amount of times???

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't see the team going out and spending on big FA players in the future. They have dipped into the well several times and now we are at the point in the Chilly era where they are going to have to spend the money to retain players instead of acquiring them.

I just hope we don't see an exodus of talent over the next few years.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I don't see the team going out and spending on big FA players in the future. They have dipped into the well several times and now we are at the point in the Chilly era where they are going to have to spend the money to retain players instead of acquiring them.

True but with our Cap Genius pulling the strings even after resigning Chad Greenway, Tarvaris Jackson, possibly Ben Leber, and others, we ought to have enough for one moderate to big money Free Agent, and Kampman would be ideal for our Defense... the Purple People Eaters would truly be resurrected...

Blog Entries

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

True but with our Cap Genius pulling the strings even after resigning Chad Greenway, Tarvaris Jackson, possibly Ben Leber, and others, we ought to have enough for one moderate to big money Free Agent, and Kampman would be ideal for our Defense... the Purple People Eaters would truly be resurrected...
    Jackson will only cost us the price of a pack of Ramen Noodles so that should make it easier.

When does CT's contract come up?

Blog Entries

This is the list I found on KFFL. I am sure there are a few typos(sage) but it seems we have quite a few guys to get signed:

Pos
    Player Name
    FA Status
    Previous Team
    Current Team
    QB Tarvaris Jackson UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    QB Sage Rosenfels UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    RB Naufahu TahiNew player news! UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    RB Chester Taylor UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    TE Garrett Mills UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    OG Artis HicksNew player news! UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    C Ryan Cook UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    DL Ray EdwardsNew player news! UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    DL Fred Evans UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    CB Charles Gordon UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    CB Cedric GriffinNew player news! UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    CB Karl Paymah UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    CB Benny Sapp UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    CB Antoine Winfield UFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
    FS Eric Frampton RFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent

Who are you resigning and who are you letting go? Of the ones you let go, how much will their replacement cost us?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast