Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Ray Edwards questions Goodell's salary

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/16/ray-edwards-questions-goodells-salary/

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Ray Edwards questions Goodell's salary

HAHAHA YES!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Wow! Let me start by saying I like Edwards and do not like Goodell. But this type of repsonse from Edwards really goes to show the differences of the NFL to the rest of the business world. Most managers make mroe than your front line employees even though the front line employees may do more of the physical work.

This goes to show how spoiled some players really are. Ray - understand the businees world dude. You are making millions of dollars playing a game. Although a demanding, dangerous and physical game. I'd hate to see what you would do if you didn't make the NFL. You may only make 5 figures out there in the real world dude.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Really Ray? Really?!

Just give me half of a million. You know......the chump change compared to what you make. I will live just fine. Some of the players need to get out of that spendy lifestyle and maybe they wouldn't bitch. How many cars you have Ray?

Shit like this pisses me off.

There are jobs out there hundred times more dangerous than football. Guess what Ray they make a hell of a lot less than you.

Shut the fuck up.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

ejmat wrote:
    Wow! Let me start by saying I like Edwards and do not like Goodell. But this type of repsonse from Edwards really goes to show the differences of the NFL to the rest of the business world. Most managers make mroe than your front line employees even though the front line employees may do more of the physical work.

This goes to show how spoiled some players really are. Ray - understand the businees world dude. You are making millions of dollars playing a game. Although a demanding, dangerous and physical game. I'd hate to see what you would do if you didn't make the NFL. You may only make 5 figures out there in the real world dude.
    Excellent points... Goodell and his predecessors grew the sport into the #1 sport in the country... generated the TV rights, got the anti-colusion stuff through Congress, formed the deals with Reebok, etc... they are the reason the players are making the money they are... the players are making 60% of what the league and owners have come up with in terms of ways to make money. The players don't make the league rich, the league makes the players rich. Just another jock who probably shouldn't have skipped so many economics classes during his "education".
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Another stupid comment out of Ray's mouth, whats new?

Just like his comment about breaking the all time single season sack record.

Hey Ray, do us a favor and just shut the fuck up and play football would ya?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I don't blame him for being frustrated over the expiration of the current labor contract.
    But he should be complaining to his union representative.

Or he could go into business for himself. I wonder how much he would make if he started his own league?

Or better yet. Do a USO tour, get down on your knees, and thank those putting their lives in harms way, while being paid peanuts, so you can remain free to live the lavish life of a tough NFL star.

Whining privileged folk are often less than well received by the masses.

Figure it out Ray!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

BleedinPandG wrote:
    ejmat wrote:

Excellent points... Goodell and his predecessors grew the sport into the #1 sport in the country... generated the TV rights, got the anti-colusion stuff through Congress, formed the deals with Reebok, etc... they are the reason the players are making the money they are... the players are making 60% of what the league and owners have come up with in terms of ways to make money.
    Goodell did not do a thing to make the NFL what it is today. He is a cog in the machine that was already built - nothing more.

The players don't make the league rich, the league makes the players rich. Just another jock who probably shouldn't have skipped so many economics classes during his "education".
    I agree, but Goodell did not make the league rich. He does not have value added comparable to his salary.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Minniman wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    ejmat wrote:

Excellent points... Goodell and his predecessors grew the sport into the #1 sport in the country... generated the TV rights, got the anti-colusion stuff through Congress, formed the deals with Reebok, etc... they are the reason the players are making the money they are... the players are making 60% of what the league and owners have come up with in terms of ways to make money.
    Goodell did not do a thing to make the NFL what it is today. He is a cog in the machine that was already built - nothing more.

The players don't make the league rich, the league makes the players rich. Just another jock who probably shouldn't have skipped so many economics classes during his "education".
    I agree, but Goodell did not make the league rich. He does not have value added comparable to his salary.
    No one is backing Goodell. In fact, I believe he sucks as a Commissioner. But that has nothing to do with Edwards' comments. They are out of line.

There are a lot more people in the world that have as dangerous a job as he has or even more dangerous and they don't make 1/100th of what he makes. Put it this way. On average there is 11 minutes of actual playing time during a typical NFL game. Which means by average the defense plays for about 5 1/2 minutes of actual play every game. Yeah real freaking dangerous when you consider the soldiers out there 24 hours a day being shot at and dodging granades wearing hot ass uniforms and body armor in 120 degree weather. Ask them about how they able to take care fo their families.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

jargomcfargo wrote:
    I don't blame him for being frustrated over the expiration of the current labor contract.
    But he should be complaining to his union representative.

Or he could go into business for himself. I wonder how much he would make if he started his own league?

Or better yet. Do a USO tour, get down on your knees, and thank those putting their lives in harms way, while being paid peanuts, so you can remain free to live the lavish life of a tough NFL star.

Whining privileged folk are often less than well received by the masses.

Figure it out Ray!
    +1
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast