Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Edwards: Fine “Ridiculous”; “Men don’t wear panties”

"Mr" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    not even close, take off the purple shades... Allens hit was helmet to helmet, edwards was as late as late can be.
    Ok so, helmet to helmet by Jared Allen on Rodgers(I don't think it was late enough to draw a fine, he came off the line completely untouched and was at full speed only a step away from Rodgers when he released the ball, but it was certainly helmet to helmet) = $25,000, no injury to the player receiving the hit.

Ray Edwards late hit on Garcia = $25,000, no injury to the player receiving the hit.

[youtube=425,350]5NJYruxZ4Zg[/youtube]
    That earned a $5,000 fine, was later, more unnecessary, helmet to helmet, and resulted in a concussion to the recipient of the hit.

[youtube=425,350]mXxc9OxIJyc[/youtube]
    No fine on that one, but a broken jaw and ended season for Keith Rivers. Although it was not a late hit, it was blatantly helmet to helmet contact. You can see Ward change the angle of his head on the hit, and put the crown of his helmet right into Rivers' jaw, breaking it. I can't imagine any circumstance on that play other than helmet to helmet contact that could have resulted in a broken jaw for rivers. He's hit, lands on his back, it must have been the initial blow. A better camera angle would have revealed the actual helmet to helmet contact.

Together both of those fines are a fifth of just one Allen's or Edwards', but resulted in serious injuries to both players. Anyone care to explain?
    As far as I know, helmet to helmet contact is just as illegal on a QB as it is any other player.
    I didn't see Wards hit on Rivers, so i don't know if it was helmet to helmet, but if it was, he should ahve been fined.
    If the guy that hit boldin got fined, Ward certainly should have.
    Following the rules, Allen certainly deserved to be fined, considering he already had a bunch of late hits this year.
    Edwards certainly did also, even though it wasn't helmet to helmet, it was a blatant late hit.
    He had seconds to avoid Garcia.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    not even close, take off the purple shades... Allens hit was helmet to helmet, edwards was as late as late can be.
    Ok so, helmet to helmet by Jared Allen on Rodgers(I don't think it was late enough to draw a fine, he came off the line completely untouched and was at full speed only a step away from Rodgers when he released the ball, but it was certainly helmet to helmet) = $25,000, no injury to the player receiving the hit.

Ray Edwards late hit on Garcia = $25,000, no injury to the player receiving the hit.

[youtube=425,350]5NJYruxZ4Zg[/youtube]
    That earned a $5,000 fine, was later, more unnecessary, helmet to helmet, and resulted in a concussion to the recipient of the hit.

[youtube=425,350]mXxc9OxIJyc[/youtube]
    No fine on that one, but a broken jaw and ended season for Keith Rivers. Although it was not a late hit, it was blatantly helmet to helmet contact. You can see Ward change the angle of his head on the hit, and put the crown of his helmet right into Rivers' jaw, breaking it. I can't imagine any circumstance on that play other than helmet to helmet contact that could have resulted in a broken jaw for rivers. He's hit, lands on his back, it must have been the initial blow. A better camera angle would have revealed the actual helmet to helmet contact.

Together both of those fines are a fifth of just one Allen's or Edwards', but resulted in serious injuries to both players. Anyone care to explain?
    As far as I know, helmet to helmet contact is just as illegal on a QB as it is any other player.
    I didn't see Wards hit on Rivers, so i don't know if it was helmet to helmet, but if it was, he should ahve been fined.
    If the guy that hit boldin got fined, Ward certainly should have.
    Following the rules, Allen certainly deserved to be fined, considering he already had a bunch of late hits this year.
    Edwards certainly did also, even though it wasn't helmet to helmet, it was a blatant late hit.
    He had seconds to avoid Garcia.
    I'm not saying Allen and Edwards didn't deserve the fines(well I don't think Allen should have been fined for hitting Schaub, but definitely Rodgers), but they were definitely over-fined if Ward was only fined $5,000 for the hit in the first video, and not fined at all for hitting Rivers.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

These are good fines IMHO.

As long as he was not trying to intentionally hurt someone.

This is not a contact sport, it's a collision sport.
    So if you cannot handle getting your ass handed to you, then you may want to find another hobby.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/24/ray-edwards-fine-ridiculous-men-dont-wear-panties/

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards was fined $25,000 for a pair of illegal hits in last week’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and he’s not happy about it.

“No offense to women, but men don’t wear panties,” Edwards said today. “We chose to play this game. We don’t cry when we get cracked unexpectedly. That fine is what it is. Just got to go out there and play ball and have fun.”

awsome quote!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234