Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Ray Edwards: Fine “Ridiculous”; “Men don’t wear panties”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/11/24/ray-edwards-fine-ridiculous-men-dont-wear-panties/

Minnesota Vikings defensive end Ray Edwards was fined $25,000 for a pair of illegal hits in last week’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and he’s not happy about it.

“No offense to women, but men don’t wear panties,” Edwards said today. “We chose to play this game. We don’t cry when we get cracked unexpectedly. That fine is what it is. Just got to go out there and play ball and have fun.”

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Re: Ray Edwards: Fine “Ridiculous”; “Men don’t wear panties”

haha ya i saw this....another fine possibly?

well ray pretty much killed the guy haha

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Troy got fined... so i'd expect him to get fined too. They really need to stop babying the quarterbacks... its rediculous. They are profesional football players, as long as they are the field they should be fair game just like any other player

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

LOL

Idk what Ray is thinking.. I mean I do agree the fines are getting out of hand.. But did he not realize there was quite a few seconds after Garcia threw the ball and when he hit him

Come on Ray you are smarter then that.. It wasn't how hard you hit.. Just how late

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

it was a late in terms of it came after the ball was gone... but both players were running full speed... its a bit tough for them to avoid a huge collision... technically Garcia should be fined too... I didn't see him pulling up lol
    8)

Ya V4L i have no clue what Ray was thinking eithier

Even with my most purple color tinted glasses I cant say that was a clean hit and no fine was needed

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Then again for him to be fined for his hit while the guy who laid kluwe out on that punt return get highlighted on ESPN says a lot about how evenly the leagues concern for players health is spread. What a crock of shit.

IMO if they don't want to expose such a great investment to possible injury they should quit paying the QB so much money. Hell, if they made what the average fullback makes they would let any hit go.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Then again for him to be fined for his hit while the guy who laid kluwe out on that punt return get highlighted on ESPN says a lot about how evenly the leagues concern for players health is spread. What a crock of shit.

IMO if they don't want to expose such a great investment to possible injury they should quit paying the QB so much money. Hell, if they made what the average fullback makes they would let any hit go.

I always found that funny too

On ESPN they praise hits with WRs coming across the middle and getting leveled

Or a special teamer running after a returner and getting flattened as soon as they turn around

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I always found that funny too

On ESPN they praise hits with WRs coming across the middle and getting leveled

Or a special teamer running after a returner and getting flattened as soon as they turn around
    Or Hines Ward embedding his helmet into a defender.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast