Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Ray Edwards a

    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Two other notes from this game

    A difference I noticed between Favre and Jackson is that until the play is dead, it isn't over for Favre. I see him running down field to block on multiple plays. Also I don't know how people can say Favre doesn't have deep ball accuracy? Thats ridiculous.
    So you've never seen TJ run down the field and making any blocks?

    As to the accuracy thing. Again, you didn't see him miss wide open recievers deep last year?

    Another thing, Chester Taylor had a huge whiff on Demarcus Ware. That just stuck out to me because people are always talking up his pass locking ability.
    Not everybody. There are a smattering of PPO'rs who think we will be fine without CT this year.
    Actually CT didn't miss the block. He didn't see him coming and went out for a pass instead.
    CT also fumbled once in awhile. He wasn't perfect, but will be harder to replace than you may think.

    With regard to Favres lack of long ball accuracy let me refresh your memory.
    First you said Favre had a noodle arm and couldn't throw the long ball.
    Once that proved false, you said he couldn't throw the long ball accurately.
    I can't find the post by BS that showed Favre to be the most accurate passer at 20yds.,30yds.,and 40 yds, last season.

    Long passes should always be less accurate than short passes.
    Just like shooting a gun.
    Some will be off target.

    But the inacuracy claim appears to be another fabricated myth.
    Why do you guys keep saying that it was to issues? I never said he couldn't throw it deep and then shifted to accuracy. It was the whole basis of Baldies analysis that he couldn't throw it deep accurately anymore.

    Maybe you are mixing that issue with the followon discussions abot if his arm was gonna pop again if he continued to throw it deep.

    I was on that bandwagon for a while but it had nothing to do with the accuracy discussion, which came first by the way.
    Sorry Marrdro but you did say he couldn't throw deep anymore and shifted it to accuracy once that was proven wrong. Hence, the reason why you named him the "Noodle". I am not going to go digging up previous posts from a year ago but I perfectly remember that being one of your issues with Favre. His arm stregnth before last season. Whterh it was Baldy that persuaded you or not, you did have that thought and didn't hide it.

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re:Ray Edwards a

    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Two other notes from this game

    A difference I noticed between Favre and Jackson is that until the play is dead, it isn't over for Favre. I see him running down field to block on multiple plays. Also I don't know how people can say Favre doesn't have deep ball accuracy? Thats ridiculous.
    So you've never seen TJ run down the field and making any blocks?

    As to the accuracy thing. Again, you didn't see him miss wide open recievers deep last year?

    Another thing, Chester Taylor had a huge whiff on Demarcus Ware. That just stuck out to me because people are always talking up his pass locking ability.
    Not everybody. There are a smattering of PPO'rs who think we will be fine without CT this year.
    Actually CT didn't miss the block. He didn't see him coming and went out for a pass instead.
    CT also fumbled once in awhile. He wasn't perfect, but will be harder to replace than you may think.

    With regard to Favres lack of long ball accuracy let me refresh your memory.
    First you said Favre had a noodle arm and couldn't throw the long ball.
    Once that proved false, you said he couldn't throw the long ball accurately.
    I can't find the post by BS that showed Favre to be the most accurate passer at 20yds.,30yds.,and 40 yds, last season.

    Long passes should always be less accurate than short passes.
    Just like shooting a gun.
    Some will be off target.

    But the inacuracy claim appears to be another fabricated myth.
    Why do you guys keep saying that it was to issues? I never said he couldn't throw it deep and then shifted to accuracy. It was the whole basis of Baldies analysis that he couldn't throw it deep accurately anymore.

    Maybe you are mixing that issue with the followon discussions abot if his arm was gonna pop again if he continued to throw it deep.

    I was on that bandwagon for a while but it had nothing to do with the accuracy discussion, which came first by the way.
    Sorry Marrdro but you did say he couldn't throw deep anymore and shifted it to accuracy once that was proven wrong. Hence, the reason why you named him the "Noodle". I am not going to go digging up previous posts from a year ago but I perfectly remember that being one of your issues with Favre. His arm stregnth before last season. Whterh it was Baldy that persuaded you or not, you did have that thought and didn't hide it.
    It was actually two issues. I was all over Brian Baldingers analysis about the Noodle long before he was even gonna be a Viking.

    THEN.....

    When we heard he was thinking of coming and was gonna do it without one tendon, I started with the Noodle is gonna pop thing.

    Sorry EJ, you guys are mixing apples and apples here and trying to make oranges.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,778
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re:Ray Edwards a

    Such a complementary pass rusher, probably means that when he tries FA then he'll be inundated with offers from other teams for his telents.... oh wait he tried that. Looks like he'll have to complement his three betters again this season.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  4. #24
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:Ray Edwards a

    Marrdro wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Two other notes from this game

    A difference I noticed between Favre and Jackson is that until the play is dead, it isn't over for Favre. I see him running down field to block on multiple plays. Also I don't know how people can say Favre doesn't have deep ball accuracy? Thats ridiculous.
    So you've never seen TJ run down the field and making any blocks?

    As to the accuracy thing. Again, you didn't see him miss wide open recievers deep last year?

    Another thing, Chester Taylor had a huge whiff on Demarcus Ware. That just stuck out to me because people are always talking up his pass locking ability.
    Not everybody. There are a smattering of PPO'rs who think we will be fine without CT this year.
    Actually CT didn't miss the block. He didn't see him coming and went out for a pass instead.
    CT also fumbled once in awhile. He wasn't perfect, but will be harder to replace than you may think.

    With regard to Favres lack of long ball accuracy let me refresh your memory.
    First you said Favre had a noodle arm and couldn't throw the long ball.
    Once that proved false, you said he couldn't throw the long ball accurately.
    I can't find the post by BS that showed Favre to be the most accurate passer at 20yds.,30yds.,and 40 yds, last season.

    Long passes should always be less accurate than short passes.
    Just like shooting a gun.
    Some will be off target.

    But the inacuracy claim appears to be another fabricated myth.
    Why do you guys keep saying that it was to issues? I never said he couldn't throw it deep and then shifted to accuracy. It was the whole basis of Baldies analysis that he couldn't throw it deep accurately anymore.

    Maybe you are mixing that issue with the followon discussions abot if his arm was gonna pop again if he continued to throw it deep.

    I was on that bandwagon for a while but it had nothing to do with the accuracy discussion, which came first by the way.
    Sorry Marrdro but you did say he couldn't throw deep anymore and shifted it to accuracy once that was proven wrong. Hence, the reason why you named him the "Noodle". I am not going to go digging up previous posts from a year ago but I perfectly remember that being one of your issues with Favre. His arm stregnth before last season. Whterh it was Baldy that persuaded you or not, you did have that thought and didn't hide it.
    It was actually two issues. I was all over Brian Baldingers analysis about the Noodle long before he was even gonna be a Viking.

    THEN.....

    When we heard he was thinking of coming and was gonna do it without one tendon, I started with the Noodle is gonna pop thing.

    Sorry EJ, you guys are mixing apples and apples here and trying to make oranges.
    I like your last statement. It's a classic :laugh:

    However, I have to disagree with what you are trying to say because you did in fact say and kept saying it even after the laser he threw in the 49er game. You kept using your 20+ and then shifted to 40+ yard pass stats. I'm sure you recall those my friend.

    We all know you disdain Favre. That's okay and that is your opinion. However someday you will just have to admit you were wrong on many accounts when it came to Favre regarding your concerns. There is nothing wrong with concerns because hell they were all valid prior to the season starting. Everything was one big question. He answered all of those questions with flying colors. The ONLY one of the concerns that held true was that he threw a late INT in the playoff game which had a part in us losing.

    The problem lies in that even though Favre proved a lot of people wrong this past year some tend to keep holding onto their previous thoughts and shifting things they said. That is true in your case. I will admit you are showing a little more love for Favre (by words only :P ) than you were previously. Some may think you use the props as a "face-saver". I am not going to say that because I do believe things you say are genuine. But somewhere along the line you will have to admit yo were wrong. No one wants or cares whether yo like the guy. It is more about realizing that he gives the Vikings the best chance to win the superbowl right now. Who knows? That may change this year. The same questions from last year are true this coming year imo. But until someone like TJ steps up and proves he can in fact be the leader of this team, Brett Favre is undoubtedly the best chance the Vikings have to go to and win the superbowl.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Vikes considering signing CFL's best pass rusher
    By RoneG in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 03:41 PM
  2. Brian Robison - Vikings' Secret Pass Rusher Phenom
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 12:22 AM
  3. Who has the best pass rusher in the division?
    By whackthepack in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 04:59 PM
  4. Bucs' pass rusher Rice may be nice fit for Vikings
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
  5. MOVED: Bucs' pass rusher Rice may be nice fit for Vikings
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 02:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •