Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Ray Edwards a "complementary pass rusher"

I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Ray Edwards a "complementary pass rusher"

Some would argue that he is much more than that.

Re:Ray Edwards a "complementary pass rusher"

No surprise that the Vikes are number one on someone's d-line rankings. I don't know if I agree with Cole's take on a lack of depth at the end spots. The Vikes aren't sitting a star on the bench, but Robison is a quality player on either side. The other backups are okay too.

I also thought this factoid was interesting:
    Allen has been named to three consecutive Pro Bowls and became only the second player in NFL history to post three consecutive seasons with at least 14 sacks.
    Didn't know that, but it wasn't hard to guess who the first guy to do it was - Reggie White. White did it twice, getting 18, 21, and 18 sacks from 1986-88, and getting 14, 15, and 14 from 1990-92. Oh, and the 21 in 1987 came in 12 games. In other news, Reggie White was really good.

Cole's treatment of Edwards also seems fair to me considering he's mentioned in one of three sentences about the team. Hardly an expose', and referring to someone as a complimentary pass rusher in comparison to Jared Allen is not a knock on the guy.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Ray Edwards a

Overlord wrote:
    No surprise that the Vikes are number one on someone's d-line rankings. I don't know if I agree with Cole's take on a lack of depth at the end spots. The Vikes aren't sitting a star on the bench, but Robison is a quality player on either side. The other backups are okay too.

Allen has been named to three consecutive Pro Bowls and became only the second player in NFL history to post three consecutive seasons with at least 14 sacks.
    Didn't know that, but it wasn't hard to guess who the first guy to do it was - Reggie White. White did it twice, getting 18, 21, and 18 sacks from 1986-88, and getting 14, 15, and 14 from 1990-92. Oh, and the 21 in 1987 came in 12 games. In other news, Reggie White was really good.

Cole's treatment of Edwards also seems fair to me considering he's mentioned in one of three sentences about the team. Hardly an expose', and referring to someone as a complimentary pass rusher in comparison to Jared Allen is not a knock on the guy.
    Now you've done it. Now BS is going to have to adjust more stats to show how Edwards is just as good as Reggie White was. Darn you O!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

ejmat wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

Now you've done it. Now BS is going to have to adjust more stats to show how Edwards is just as good as Reggie White was. Darn you O!
    if you look at the statistics for our DL, and modify them based on a combination of playing time, number of siblings, distance from their home to the nearest 7-11 and a secret modifier based on their astrological sign, Letroy Guion was actually our most productive pass rusher last year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

if you look at the statistics for our DL, and modify them based on a combination of playing time, number of siblings, distance from their home to the nearest 7-11 and a secret modifier based on their astrological sign, Letroy Guion was actually our most productive pass rusher last year.
    Not a bad ranking, considering that only 3 of the 4 are productive. The rest just get thiers cause of the other 3.

....snicker.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

Really no reason to be mean about it. If you don't like someones reasoning point it out, but to keep beating the deadhorse seems childish, and kinda makes you look like bullies.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

Really no reason to be mean about it. If you don't like someones reasoning point it out, but to keep beating the deadhorse seems childish, and kinda makes you look like bullies.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

Who was being mean? I can see the beating of the deadhorse theory but it is all in good fun. If anything that was said here hurts someone's feelings then I believe they are in the wrong site.

I've seen far worse things said about the actual person that get over-looked or thought of as funny. IMO nothing that was said here was said in a mean or "bullying" way.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Overlord wrote:

Not a bad ranking, considering that only 3 of the 4 are productive. The rest just get thiers cause of the other 3.

....snicker.....
    It's nice to have the best "Complimentary" pass rusher in the NFL.

He was so good that he put up some of the best numbers in the NFL...but of course, all those other "complimentary" DEs put up just as good of numbers as Ray did...don't they? :silly:

All the while being a stud against the run at the same time...that must be his other compliment... :P
    None

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast