snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Raw Deal - Fowler, Tice, McCombs, Moss

Why is this such a raw deal?

I think as a true fan, we (true fans) got a raw deal. This isn't another Moss trade thread so read carefully.

We got a raw deal because, we were in such a fragile state. We are sitting here waiting for a deal to be finalized by the league and basically have a lame duck regime running the show. I don't know who got a craw in there arse to make this deal happen but they should have waited. It just wasn't the right time to make the trade, with all the criss-crossing of dates and deadlines.

We have to wonder if we will ever know the truth on this one. Who is accountable to who for making this decision? XTAP, this is another theory to put on your website.

If Tice thought it was hard to coach on the sidelines last year, just wait until this year. He is really going to have his work cut out for him this time around.

great, i cant wait to see tweedle dee and tweedle dum on the sidelines again (Tice and Cotrell).

Oh yeah, and welcome Steve Loney!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Its weird. Why would Red who is trying to sell the team to Fowler does this trade, and Fowler just said he wanted Randy to remain a Viking?

Does not make any sense. The only thing I can think of is that Fowler ok'd the deal.

When I company buys another, all hiring and big capital expenditures are put on hold pending the sale. This should not be any different?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Its weird. Why would Red who is trying to sell the team to Fowler does this trade, and Fowler just said he wanted Randy to remain a Viking?

Does not make any sense. The only thing I can think of is that Fowler ok'd the deal.

When I company buys another, all hiring and big capital expenditures are put on hold pending the sale. This should not be any different?
    I would hope so but no one has mentioned that at all. For some reason I don't think that applies here.

To me, it lessens the value of the team. Seats are sold by your stars and with out Randy, all you in Minny could be watching Bears or Packers games due to black outs if we get off to a bad start next season. That is a long story in short form of course. Like I was saying, Fowler should be upset about the possibility of this happening. Especially with the increase in season ticket prices.

Oh No, the sky is falling talking about the possibilities of bad things happening, the sky is falling.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Yeah I can't believe that Fowler would not have ok'd this. Traditionally when a team is being sold, the old owner doesn't make major personnel moves without discussing it with the new owner even if the team hasn't actually changed hands yet. This is Red and he does things his own way, but still I will be very interested to hear what Fowler has to say about this...and Red too for that matter. I do agree the trade is sudden but from what I've read the Vikings, Moss' agent, and other teams have been negotiating for quite some time now.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

OK, let me all remind you AGAIN! NOTHING HAPPENED YET, THE TRADE WAS NOT ACKNOWLEDGED BY THE VIKINGS AND TRADES CANNOT BE MADE UNTIL THE SECOND OF NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So stop spazing and realize that maybe, just maybe, they are just doing this to get a better trade out of another team. Just becuase a team says they are going to do something or the media says they are going to do something means NOTHING until it is the 2nd and the contract is signed...sick and tired of hearing all the complaining about a trade that DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

kinda off topic but, how many of you out there want a new log in name irate:

Prophet Guest

The team is going through chemotherapy. They may have the Moss cancer gone and the Redneck McCombs cancer beat into submission. Now they just need to get rid of the tumor that was named Mike Tice and the team will be on its way to being a powerhouse again.

Face it. Moss was a cancer on the team. Redneck McCombs is a tightwad used car salesman that was taking the Vikings down the same path as the Saints due to another tightwad used car guy, Tom Benson. Mike Tice and assistants are part of the penny-pinching philosophy of the current owner. Between the spreading cancers on the field, the pathetic ownership, and the marginal at best coaching, the Vikings were not going anywhere.

At least now there is a potential for change and the leadership on the field is Daunte. The defense continues to grow stronger and the offense will still, most likely, be in the top 10.

I, for one, am excited about the future.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

While I am excited about the future, I would have to ask, ....Napoleon Hill...? huh? Is he that good, or have that much potential? And I disagree with Prophet. Tice is not a cancer. But to each their own. I have a feeling the AFC west will be able to chime in after next year about "Moss cancer".