Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rashard Anderson???

The dude has been clean (10 random drug tests a month) for over two years...I think that he has learned his lesson...plus when he went to Canada to play in the CFL briefly, they didn't find anything remotely like a Whizzinator in his luggage!

Think about it...especially all of you who are still ready to take back Onterrio after he serves his suspension next year...what guarantee do we have that Onterrio won't screw up. At least this guy has proven that he can stay clean.

Also, Onterrio was a FOURTH-ROUNDER...granted his stock slipped dramatically because of his troubles in college...but he wasn't projected as a first-rounder even if he hadn't had any problems. Anderson WAS a FIRST-ROUNDER...with legitimate first-round talent...and he won't screw up this time...he knows what it is like to be at the bottom and he sounds like he doesn't want to be there ever again. In the end, he is a better gamble than Onterrio.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hmm, where did you get the idea to sign Rashard Anderson? Last time I checked he was cut by the Calgary Staampeders (yea!) up here in the CFL. When you can't make the roster of a CFL team that typically carries about 6-7 CBs/HBs I'm guessing he won't be good enough for an NFL roster that carries about 5 and has at least three guaranteed to make the team.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Hmm, where did you get the idea to sign Rashard Anderson? Last time I checked he was cut by the Calgary Staampeders (yea!) up here in the CFL. When you can't make the roster of a CFL team that typically carries about 6-7 CBs/HBs I'm guessing he won't be good enough for an NFL roster that carries about 5 and has at least three guaranteed to make the team.
    Read the article...it tells why he was cut by Calgary...besides, I didn't say to sign him, just asked if we should give him a shot (knowing up front that he would never start for us, I suggested that we look at him strictly as a backup)...no harm, no foul if we give him a tryout...heck, he has to be better than some of the crap that we had last year!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Even so, he was outplayed in training camp as well by other corners. Dunno, I don't think the guy would make them team, that's all.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Even so, he was outplayed in training camp as well by other corners. Dunno, I don't think the guy would make them team, that's all.
    Again, no harm, no foul...remember, we picked up Cris Carter on waivers for $100...best deal we EVER made! No reason that Rashard couldn't turn out to be almost as good...if he doesn't pan out in a tryout, we don't sign him...and he gets to move on in his life, knowing that he can't cut it anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12