Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Vince Young:
    Gets rookie of the year and people say he is going to be a great player.
    T-Jack:

People lose faith and think the Vikes should draft Quinn.
    Don't get me wrong, I like TJ alot, but comparing him to Young won't win any votes in my book.
    Young finished with as many or more INTs (13) and fumbles (12) as he did TDs (12).
    I didn't agree with him getting RoY then, and I don't now.

And when TJ was drafted, I was happy, but didn't see him in a starting role until 2008 at the earliest.
    I still don't see him starting before that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Brooks Bollinger vs. TJack

Sounds like BB had a pretty successful high school/college career...

I kind of think he's got the inside track to the starting gig due to his familiarity with Chilly...I have to admit, he did look pretty good before he got hurt.
    He was actually getting the offense down field!
    72% is pretty nice...of course, there are reasons he's not with the Jets anymore.

Then again, they went for TJack with intent.
    Checking the player page on NFL.com, Donovan McNabb got 6 starts playing in 12 games his rookie year, and then went to full time in his second...As expected, he recorded under 50% comp, and a nearly even TD/INT ratio as a rookie.
    In his first year full time, comps went to 58% but, more importantly, the TD/int ratio went to 21/13 and then 25/12 in his third...pretty much average learning curve for who has been considered one of the best QBs recently.

I'm for giving TJack a chance...Cutler was notably better after 4 starts or so...the more you do anything, the better you get.
    If the OLINE can play better and eliminate the pre snap, self-inflicted toe wounds (D'oh!!)...either one of these guys might look good driving the KAO
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

MtnViking; Bollinger was traded by the Jets because Chad Pennington was recovered from his (arm, shoulder?) injury, and was the acknowledged franchise QB.

TJackson may have been pursued because Childress didn't think any valued QBs would be available when (where) the Vikings selected in the 2007 draft.
    He thought Johnson would last two more years, but that didn't happen.
    So, he took a QB in 2006 to develop for two years, as was stated after last year's draft.
    I wonder if he would have done so if he knew the Vikings would be drafting in the top 10 in 2007 ( of course he couldn't know the future! ).

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Brooks Bollinger vs. TJack

"mountainviking" wrote:

I kind of think he's got the inside track to the starting gig due to his familiarity with Chilly...I have to admit, he did look pretty good before he got hurt.
    72% is pretty nice...of course, there are reasons he's not with the Jets anymore.

Checking the player page on NFL.com, Donovan McNabb got 6 starts playing in 12 games his rookie year, and then went to full time in his second...As expected, he recorded under 50% comp, and a nearly even TD/INT ratio as a rookie.
    In his first year full time, comps went to 58% but, more importantly, the TD/int ratio went to 21/13 and then 25/12 in his third...pretty much average learning curve for who has been considered one of the best QBs recently.

I'm for giving TJack a chance...Cutler was notably better after 4 starts or so...the more you do anything, the better you get.
    If the OLINE can play better and eliminate the pre snap, self-inflicted toe wounds (D'oh!!)...either one of these guys might look good driving the KAO
    What also should be considered is TJ Psyche.
    Is he of the breed that can shake mistakes off or will it ruin him if he has a hard time of it.

I for one am of the school.....
    Let him play, if he gets rattled and can't over come it then he would never be good.
    Better to find that out sooner rather than later. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Brooks Bollinger vs. TJack

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

What also should be considered is TJ Psyche.
    Is he of the breed that can shake mistakes off or will it ruin him if he has a hard time of it.

I for one am of the school.....
    Let him play, if he gets rattled and can't over come it then he would never be good.
    Better to find that out sooner rather than later. ;D
    I agree, But I hope that we don't see any headlines next year saying that Wilf asks for patience with quarterback's development and Williamson's pass catching. ;D

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Oh I actually thought someone was shooting at Brooks Bollinger --

Now I'm disappointed.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Brooks did look pretty good for one or two drives last year before he got hurt.
    We may be pleasantly surprised.
    I'm not so sure TJack is the type of player than can shake off his mistakes and continue on with the game,
    so IMO it might be beneficial to him to sit and learn some more...sucks to learn from an unproven backup though... and I base that off of absolutely nothing but guesswork.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Purplexing" wrote:
    MtnViking; Bollinger was traded by the Jets because Chad Pennington was recovered from his (arm, shoulder?) injury, and was the acknowledged franchise QB.
    AND because the Jets signed Patrick Ramsey AND the Jets drafted Kellen Clemons.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    AND because the Jets signed Patrick Ramsey AND the Jets drafted Kellen Clemons.

=Z=
    Before we could draft him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12