Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger


    [size=13pt]RAPID FIRE WITH BROOKS BOLLINGER[/size]


    April 3, 2007

    Author: Mike Wobschall, vikings.com


    Quarterback Brooks Bollinger may have been new to the Vikings when he was acquired in a trade with New York Jets just before the start of the 2006 regular season, but his arrival in Minnesota was more of a homecoming for him than a venture into the unknown.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    Ho-Hum read. But I got a gut feeling that Brooks is going to be the Vikings Starter next fall. I don't have any reason for it other than the fact that I wasn't totally impressed with TJ. I think he needs some more time yet.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ho-Hum read. But I got a gut feeling that Brooks is going to be the Vikings Starter next fall. I don't have any reason for it other than the fact that I wasn't totally impressed with TJ. I think he needs some more time yet.
    Unfortunately if that is the case, Bollinger would be the QB T-Jack would be watching & learning from.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ho-Hum read. But I got a gut feeling that Brooks is going to be the Vikings Starter next fall. I don't have any reason for it other than the fact that I wasn't totally impressed with TJ. I think he needs some more time yet.
    Unfortunately if that is the case, Bollinger would be the QB T-Jack would be watching & learning from.
    I guess we would have to know if B-chill is of the school that "Rookies" learn from the bench or by playing.... :

    If it is the first, then I agree he will be watching from the bench.
    If it is the later then lots of corona's will be in my fridge for every game
    ;D

    We can probably read between the lines (really pages) if you look back at what has been said over the last few weeks.....

    B-chill isn't under alot of pressure to win by the owner, just by us fans and sports media.

    He is gonna have a pretty young/raw team on the field this year learning "Under Fire".

    Why not let the QB go through that as well?

    He will have a somewhat experienced OL
    in front of him with a good back behind him.

    1 + 1 = TJ starts this year barring injury or another QB coming in (Quinn).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ho-Hum read. But I got a gut feeling that Brooks is going to be the Vikings Starter next fall. I don't have any reason for it other than the fact that I wasn't totally impressed with TJ. I think he needs some more time yet.
    Unfortunately if that is the case, Bollinger would be the QB T-Jack would be watching & learning from.
    What happened in Philly, with D.McNabb?
    I didn't follow that story, so I guess it wasn't unusual in the way McNabb was taught, and whether or not Childress was his coach when he first came into the league.
    I thought Childress was part of the team that decided to draft McNabb, so IIRC, he taught him from Day One.
    But I don't recall if McNabb started as a rookie.
    I may recall incorrectly, but I thought there was a decent vet QB playing for the Eagles at that time, and McNabb might not have started early in his first season.

    Bollinger has starting experience from his Jets days.
    A neighbor who is a Jets fan told me the Vikings got a good QB in the trade last year.
    It seems so because Childress traded for Bollinger.
    So, Bollinger would most likely start until TJackson performs well enough in practice to surpass him.
    And, per my friends' assessment, Bollinger as a starter is not such a bad thing as some believe.
    He did ok in his limited action until he was run over by opposing defensive linemen and injured.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  6. #6
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ho-Hum read. But I got a gut feeling that Brooks is going to be the Vikings Starter next fall. I don't have any reason for it other than the fact that I wasn't totally impressed with TJ. I think he needs some more time yet.
    I disagree mainly only because I wasn't too impressed the Bollinger iether.
    He did perform better then TJ (77% completion aint all bad).
    My coworkers perfromed better then me my first two weeks though.
    Now look at me!
    8)


    Maybe I am just half asleep and mad cause I had to bust a knife off to get in my frozen car though.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  7. #7
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ho-Hum read. But I got a gut feeling that Brooks is going to be the Vikings Starter next fall. I don't have any reason for it other than the fact that I wasn't totally impressed with TJ. I think he needs some more time yet.
    Unfortunately if that is the case, Bollinger would be the QB T-Jack would be watching & learning from.
    What happened in Philly, with D.McNabb?
    I didn't follow that story, so I guess it wasn't unusual in the way McNabb was taught, and whether or not Childress was his coach when he first came into the league.
    I thought Childress was part of the team that decided to draft McNabb, so IIRC, he taught him from Day One.
    But I don't recall if McNabb started as a rookie.
    I may recall incorrectly, but I thought there was a decent vet QB playing for the Eagles at that time, and McNabb might not have started early in his first season.

    Bollinger has starting experience from his Jets days.
    A neighbor who is a Jets fan told me the Vikings got a good QB in the trade last year.
    It seems so because Childress traded for Bollinger.
    So, Bollinger would most likely start until TJackson performs well enough in practice to surpass him.
    And, per my friends' assessment, Bollinger as a starter is not such a bad thing as some believe.
    He did ok in his limited action until he was run over by opposing defensive linemen and injured.
    I agree and also feel Bollinger will be the starting QB; at least in preseason!
    Bollinger or TJ will likely do well if the line can pass block better.
    They have a running game. That's a big plus for any QB.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I agree and also feel Bollinger will be the starting QB; at least in preseason!
    Bollinger or TJ will likely do well if the line can pass block better.
    They have a running game. That's a big plus for any QB.
    I don't know if that will be a bad thing though.
    I actually don't think that Brooks is a bad QB.
    If he is given the chance to start from the beginning, I think he may surprise a few people.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ho-Hum read. But I got a gut feeling that Brooks is going to be the Vikings Starter next fall. I don't have any reason for it other than the fact that I wasn't totally impressed with TJ. I think he needs some more time yet.

    Cojo it was his 1st 4 games why are you so unimpressed.


    Lets compare Vince Young’s 1st 4 games to T-Jack’s 1st 4 games.


    Vince Young

    Game 1
    4 Pass attempts
    3 completions
    27 yards
    0 TDs
    1 INT
    2 fumbles
    0 rushing attempts

    Game 2
    20 pass attempts
    7 completions
    106 yards
    1 TD
    5 rushing attempts
    24 yards

    Game 3
    29 pass attempts
    14 completions
    155 yards

    1 TD
    2 INTs
    2 fumbles
    5 rushing attempts 3 yards

    Game 4
    21 pass attempts
    10 completions
    63 yards
    0 TDs
    1 INT
    4 rushing attempts
    43 yards

    Total
    74 attempts
    34 completions (45.9 %) 351 yards
    2 TDs
    4 INTs
    4 fumbles
    14 rushing attempts
    70yards
    1 TD



    Tarvaris Jackson’s 1st 4 games

    Game 1
    4 attempts
    3 completions
    35 yards

    0 TDs
    0 INTs
    1 fumble
    0 rushing attempts

    Game 2
    23 attempts
    14 completions 177 yards
    1 TD
    1 INT
    3 rushing attempts
    20 yards

    Game 3
    20 attempts
    10 completions
    50 yards
    0 TDs
    1 INT
    1 fumble
    5 rushing attempts
    23 yards

    Game 4
    34 attempts
    20 completions

    213 yards 1 TD
    2 INTs
    2 fumbles
    7 rushing attempts
    34 yards
    1 TD

    Total
    81 attempts
    47 completions
    (58.8%)
    475 yards
    2 TDs
    4 INTs
    4 fumbles
    15 rushing attempts
    77 yards
    1 TD


    T-Jack had a better completion %
    They had the same number of TDs rushing and passing
    Same number of INTs and fumbles
    Both had a 10 yard average per completion
    Both had a 5 yard rushing average


    Vince Young:
    Gets rookie of the year and people say he is going to be a great player.
    T-Jack:





    People lose faith and think the Vikes should draft Quinn.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #10
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Rapid fire with Brooks Bollinger

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I agree and also feel Bollinger will be the starting QB; at least in preseason!
    Bollinger or TJ will likely do well if the line can pass block better.
    They have a running game. That's a big plus for any QB.
    I don't know if that will be a bad thing though.
    I actually don't think that Brooks is a bad QB.
    If he is given the chance to start from the beginning, I think he may surprise a few people.
    Not in my mind. That boy from GF has some talent if placed in the right situation.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I am a better QB than Brooks Bollinger.
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 06:08 PM
  2. One thing with QB Brooks Bollinger
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 06:30 AM
  3. Sansevere: On and on with Minnesota Vikings' Brooks Bollinger
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 07:03 AM
  4. Scout Radio: QB Brooks Bollinger
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 05:05 AM
  5. Brooks Bollinger
    By Bretto in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 06:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •