Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raonall Smith

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Raonall Smith

Third-year veteran Raonall Smith is the front-runner to fill in for Claiborne.

It sounds like he is beating out Nattiel for the spot. We have never seen Smith play in the regular season with the first unit. It will be intresting to see how he reacts, hes been with the vikes for 3 years and now its time to see what he can do. I'm exited for the guy, hes finally healthy and all he needs is a chance. Hell if he gets in there and makes plays they will keep him there. Big game for him sunday!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Raonall Smith

It's 'bout time Raonall steps up and does something...Nattiel will still be a good backup, in case...no, I won't even think it...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Big C is offline Coordinator

Raonall Smith

So Thomas is playing MLB, Newman is playing Sam and Raonall/Nattiel is playing Will? Or is Thomas moving back to Sam and Newman taking up Mike? Or is Rod Davis playing Mike since he will be activated this week? :scratch:
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Raonall Smith

Weak side will be Raonall and middle will be Thomas and strong side will be Newman

Raonall Smith

If Thomas tears it up again like he did last week, you think he could take over in the middle and switch EJ to strong side and CC to weak?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Raonall Smith

I was telling my dad that but if you think about it, EJ was already having a good game before he got hurt he was on his way to having a 11 or 12 tackle game. I think i'm gonna stick with EJ in the middle hes just so instinctive and a supurb tackler. I just want see them both on the field. I do wish EJ was more of a talker, more of a comunicater on the field but it could come with time. Thomas is more outspoken, he might tear in up in the Middle. It will be a very interesting weak with the LB's

Raonall Smith

Hey, they say everything happens for a reason, so maybe this is DTs time to shine. If he can step it up, we can have 3 nice linebackers with pretty good speed and size on the field. We'll see where they operate most effectively I guess. Im pulling for DT to have a monster game in Houston this weekend and earn a starting spot!!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Raonall Smith

I'd take Raonall Smith over Nattiel any day. I was at the San Francisco pre-season game and could not believe how many plays Nattiel was out of position. I'm not adept at grading out players but it was obvious to me the guy was always chasing the play and could never anticipate and be in position to make a big play.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Raonall Smith

"ADubya26" wrote:
    If Thomas tears it up again like he did last week, you think he could take over in the middle and switch EJ to strong side and CC to weak?
    Hard to say...right now I'm more comfortable with Claiborne on the strong side. But EJ is maturing very quickly and I have no doubt he could play Sam if needed. It's just that playing strong side can be tricky with a lot of these offenses and Claiborne, the veteran has a better grasp.

But Dontarrious Thomas is unlike anything the Vikes have had at LB for quite a while. His speed is just amazing, now that I've been able to watch him play I can see what muchluv has been saying. I really feel he is the most versatile of our LBs and I see no problem with him playing the middle. He very well could become one of the best LBs in the league.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Raonall Smith

If he adjusts well in the NFL he has all the tools do it, size speed and smarts. As soon as he learns where he needs to be and stops blowing assignments, watch out hes gonna be a beast.

Nattiel has disapointed me quite a bit, blowing assignments and what not. I just cant wait to see what Smith can do for us.

Claborne hasnt been as much as a factor on the strong side this year. He played much better on the weak side last year. Maybe with time he will show up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast