Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pigskin Bigs Guest

Randy's SI article

Did anyone read the Sports Illustrated article on Randy Moss yet? While I loved Randy on the field and not so much off the field, the article seemed to explain little about our former enigmatic receiver. He talked about being lonely and having no friends. For a full article about him, we really didn't learn too much. He did say he loved Minnesota and the people, so that was good props. But the writer never really got much out of Randy in this one.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Randy's SI article

"Pigskin Bigs" wrote:
    Did anyone read the Sports Illustrated article on Randy Moss yet? While I loved Randy on the field and not so much off the field, the article seemed to explain little about our former enigmatic receiver. He talked about being lonely and having no friends. For a full article about him, we really didn't learn too much. He did say he loved Minnesota and the people, so that was good props. But the writer never really got much out of Randy in this one.
    i read it and was so pissed...when he was on the vikings they treated him like he was a monster now that hes gone the media is saying hes just misunderstood like Freakensteins monster

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

How recent is this issue? 'Cause I couldn't find it.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:
    "Pigskin Bigs" wrote:
    i read it and was so pissed...when he was on the vikings they treated him like he was a monster now that hes gone the media is saying hes just misunderstood like Freakensteins monster
    I agree 100%, ever since he was traded, they seem to be kissing his ass a lot. I think that article really exemplified Moss' problem. He has a hard time letting people in and trusting them, therefore he has a hard time seeing things from their perspective. I don't really think he's egotistical or a "my crap dont stink" kind of guy. I think he has a hard time apologizing for what he does, and has a hard time not acting out because he can't see his actions from someone else's point of view because he doesn't have anyone that's close to him.

The part about him and Daunte being friends kinda got me. Obviously we don't know all of the circumstances, but I'd like to know why those two fell off. Randy said he thought they were friends, but he guesses he was wrong. I'd like to know what all went on there.
    Overall, I'd say it was a good article, it didn't really tell much about Randy, because he hasn't changed from the person he was while he was with the Vikes. Which means he hasn't changed, and won't.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    How recent is this issue? 'Cause I couldn't find it.
    New issue just came out today, Moss is on the cover.

mvikes84 is offline Starter

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    "Pigskin Bigs" wrote:
    I agree 100%, ever since he was traded, they seem to be kissing his jiggly butt a lot. I think that article really exemplified Moss' problem. He has a hard time letting people in and trusting them, therefore he has a hard time seeing things from their perspective. I don't really think he's egotistical or a "my crap dont stink" kind of guy. I think he has a hard time apologizing for what he does, and has a hard time not acting out because he can't see his actions from someone else's point of view because he doesn't have anyone that's close to him.

The part about him and Daunte being friends kinda got me. Obviously we don't know all of the circumstances, but I'd like to know why those two fell off. Randy said he thought they were friends, but he guesses he was wrong. I'd like to know what all went on there.
    Overall, I'd say it was a good article, it didn't really tell much about Randy, because he hasn't changed from the person he was while he was with the Vikes. Which means he hasn't changed, and won't.
    What "went on there" was the comments that Culpunker made during pro bowl week. Like when he said the team would probably be better off without Moss. That's "WHAT WENT ON THERE". Who can blame Moss for being upset. Culpunker kicked Moss when he was down because he was jealous that Moss was the superstar on the team intead of him. That's "what went on there".

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Hold on now, I don't think that Culpepper was out to get Moss. He even said that later in an interview, that he never meant for/wanted Moss to be traded.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper never said that we would be better off without moss, get me that quote I qould like to read it.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Culpepper never said that we would be better off without moss, get me that quote I qould like to read it.
    After the Pro Bowl, Pep said, "He's my good friend, but you almost get to thinking that maybe enough is enough. And maybe the Vikings organization has had enough."

I'm pretty sure thats what mvikes84 was referring to.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

To be fair, Daunte later said, "I never wanted to see Randy leave. And I never said that. I don't know how it got out that I did. I want to make that clear. Maybe the Vikings organization was ready to move on, but that was never what I was saying. He's a once-in-a-lifetime player"

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast