Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Randy Moss should be fined and publically held accountable.

He is my favorite player in the world - he is the reason why I began to watch this game.

And what he did against Washington was unexcuseable. I was sure that the newscasters had overblown it, that Packerbaggers were using hyperbole, that someone was taking something out of context.

Then I saw the replay.

Moss deserted the team. Yeah, he blocked down field. Yeah, he gave his all. But when the team needed him most, he hung his head and walked away instead of shouldering it like a man. I know the loss must have heart. I know he must see his youth and vigor slipping away, squandered by a foolish coach and an unpredictable franchise. I know he must have felt he'd already done his good deed of the day by not taking Adam Goldberg's head off.

But he turned his back on his team.

You can't do that - I couldn't do it in high school when I finished in the top 5 in the state in receptions, receiving TDs, and yards after the catch 3 out of 4 years, only for us to lose 32 of 36 games. I couldn't walk away. And I didn't get paid a damn thing. Moss hurt me badly on Sunday - I look up to him as a player, but also as a man. He overcame adversity - he has a good heart. He has overcome and outdone everything everyone has ever said about him - "he can't play in the NFL, he can't block, etc." All of it. But not this time. This time he hung his head before a light at the end of the tunnel could be seen. I'm very dissapointed, and hope only that he'll apologize publically and take out his guilt by ravaging the Green Bay secondary.

But that's my piece - say what you will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Moss did what every Vikings fan wanted to do; just get up and leave. If I was Moss I would have left too.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I don't really blame him either. The game was over he wasn't going back out on the field with 2 seconds left on the clock. The Vikings had just embarrassed themselves and their fans by not stepping up once again in a must win situation, (not to a mention a should win). How could he be letting the team down? They had already let themselves down.
    You know, you ask a player to get up emotionally for a game like this. Don't be surprised at the flip side when it gets blown this badly. I have no doubt the whole team was looking for the exit, Moss just found it first.

WWBGD

JohnnyBlood92 is offline Training Camp

Ridiculous

I'm not suprised at all by what Moss did.. in fact it follows the pattern of dumb things he's done/said his entire career. What you basically have is a selfish player who doesn't think or care about how his actions will affect the rest of the team. Matt Birk seemed pretty ticked off about what Randy did. Randy's act of walking off the field symbolizes why the Vikes always collapse.. they never finish a game/season. If the Vikes did happen to get the onsides kick, they would have been within a Duante throw of a victory (much like the pass the play before to Robinson). There's no excuse for what Moss did, and I don't see why some of you defend him.
    [img:d10b46c8b8]http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/billboard-gb3mn0.jpg[/img:d10b46c8b8]
    "The Green Bay Packers have never lost a football game. They just ran out of time."

-Vince Lombardi

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: Randy Moss should be fined and publically held accountab

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    He is my favorite player in the world - he is the reason why I began to watch this game.

And what he did against Washington was unexcuseable. I was sure that the newscasters had overblown it, that Packerbaggers were using hyperbole, that someone was taking something out of context.

Then I saw the replay.

Moss deserted the team. Yeah, he blocked down field. Yeah, he gave his all. But when the team needed him most, he hung his head and walked away instead of shouldering it like a man. I know the loss must have heart. I know he must see his youth and vigor slipping away, squandered by a foolish coach and an unpredictable franchise. I know he must have felt he'd already done his good deed of the day by not taking Adam Goldberg's head off.

You can't do that - I couldn't do it in high school when I finished in the top 5 in the state in receptions, receiving TDs, and yards after the catch 3 out of 4 years, only for us to lose 32 of 36 games. I couldn't walk away. And I didn't get paid a damn thing. Moss hurt me badly on Sunday - I look up to him as a player, but also as a man. He overcame adversity - he has a good heart. He has overcome and outdone everything everyone has ever said about him - "he can't play in the NFL, he can't block, etc." All of it. But not this time. This time he hung his head before a light at the end of the tunnel could be seen. I'm very dissapointed, and hope only that he'll apologize publically and take out his guilt by ravaging the Green Bay secondary.

You stated "When we needed him most?"
    You mean on the onside kickoff attempt?

Its great that he is your favorite player. I'm sure it hurts. But please remember what Moss said several years, and since he is your facorite player, you already know this. he stated that he doesn't want to be anyone's role model. He doesn't want to play the media game. He is just going to be Moss.

And BTW, his youth and vigor are not slpiing away. He is in his prime and will be for several years to come.

If you must compare his actions, then compare them to Jerry Rice, who when he wasn't getting the ball enough in Sanfrancisco, demanded a trade and wound up on the Raiders. The same Jerry Rice who when on the Raiders was kicking and screaming that he wasn't getting the ball enough. The same Jerry Rice who ripped of his helmet and caused a scene on the sideline when one of his records fell for not having a catch in a game.

So, I am not condoning what Moss did at the end of the game, nor am I with Rice, or T. Owens, or Favre. it was/is there choice and we as fans can either like the team he plays for or not.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

"XTAP59" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Then I saw the replay.

Its great that he is your favorite player. I'm sure it hurts. But please remember what Moss said several years, and since he is your facorite player, you already know this. he stated that he doesn't want to be anyone's role model. He doesn't want to play the media game. He is just going to be Moss.

And BTW, his youth and vigor are not slpiing away. He is in his prime and will be for several years to come.

If you must compare his actions, then compare them to Jerry Rice, who when he wasn't getting the ball enough in Sanfrancisco, demanded a trade and wound up on the Raiders. The same Jerry Rice who when on the Raiders was kicking and screaming that he wasn't getting the ball enough. The same Jerry Rice who ripped of his helmet and caused a scene on the sideline when one of his records fell for not having a catch in a game.

So, I am not condoning what Moss did at the end of the game, nor am I with Rice, or T. Owens, or Favre. it was/is there choice and we as fans can either like the team he plays for or not.
    How can you possibly put Favre in a category of idiotic displays of selfishness with Moss, Rice, and Owens?? I know you guys hate him because he's one of the greats of all time, but you absolutely cannot question his loyalty to his team. Also, Moss should have stayed because the game wasn't over!!! If the onsides kick was recovered, what would he have done then?? Ran back on the field to go deep?? He's not been himself this year, even w/out the injury. Remember a couple weeks ago when he was just going through the motions against Green Bay and didn't even have an injury? The only way the Vikes will ever start winning games is if they and their fans (i.e. you guys) start admitting when your stars mess up and try and fix it. If Javon Walker did the same thing, I guarantee you that every Packer fan would be on him like a guy from Oshkosh on some cheese curds!
    [img:d10b46c8b8]http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/billboard-gb3mn0.jpg[/img:d10b46c8b8]
    "The Green Bay Packers have never lost a football game. They just ran out of time."

-Vince Lombardi

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:
    "XTAP59" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Then I saw the replay.

How can you possibly put Favre in a category of idiotic displays of selfishness with Moss, Rice, and Owens?? I know you guys hate him because he's one of the greats of all time, but you absolutely cannot question his loyalty to his team. Also, Moss should have stayed because the game wasn't over!!! If the onsides kick was recovered, what would he have done then?? Ran back on the field to go deep?? He's not been himself this year, even w/out the injury. Remember a couple weeks ago when he was just going through the motions against Green Bay and didn't even have an injury? The only way the Vikes will ever start winning games is if they and their fans (i.e. you guys) start admitting when your stars mess up and try and fix it. If Javon Walker did the same thing, I guarantee you that every Packer fan would be on him like a guy from Oshkosh on some cheese curds!
    I put Favre in that category for after defeats in some games, he runs off the field avoiding the press or media. The media says he's just mad or saddened by the loss and doesn't want to give an interview. When others do the same, they get called out.....

And, about Moss against the packers. Yes, he did have an injury. Two of them in fact. He is still not 100% from the hamstring tear and that is weeks later and he has been battling back pain spasms for several years now.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Thats a pretty dumb comparison. What star QB allows himself to be interviewed after every single devastating loss? Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field! Do you think he'd ever take plays off or say he "plays when I wanna play"? The only negative thing that you guys can say about his was his pain killer addiction. Which, by the way, was because of severe pain he had from having 2 1/2 feet of intestines removed. I could bring up a lot worse things Moss has done.. like beating up his girlfriend. The guy is talented, but a scumbag!

-Vince Lombardi

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Hi.

I'm not here to get into an argument.

I just thought I would mention that the NFL may choose to decide to penalize Moss, as his leaving of the field may be construed as unsportsmanlike conduct.

They also know the Vikings won't do it themselves.

No offense intended. Continue bickering.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

"JohnnyBlood92" wrote:
    Thats a pretty dumb comparison. What star QB allows himself to be interviewed after every single devastating loss? Brett has never ever sold the rest of his team out on the field! Do you think he'd ever take plays off or say he "plays when I wanna play"? The only negative thing that you guys can say about his was his pain killer addiction. Which, by the way, was because of severe pain he had from having 2 1/2 feet of intestines removed. I could bring up a lot worse things Moss has done.. like beating up his girlfriend. The guy is talented, but a scumbag!
    November 2001, Brett Favre left for the locker room with 30 seconds remaining after throwing a pick. I was 30 feet away from him when he did it.

And you might be wrong about have JUST his intestines removed. By the way he cries every single game I think he got his manhood removed too.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast