Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Randy Moss Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Blood" #1102439
    Quote Originally Posted by "NeoVikesTX" #1102403
    BS. I bet you he plays again this season. Someone will pick him up. He's only 34.
    That was my first thought as well. Someone gets injured in training camp or early in the regular season and he signs by Week 3 or 4.
    Last year there weren't many takers. This year, seems like a big void for his skill set, and yet no takers.

I hope your right and we haven't seen the last of him, but I think that if a team was showing interest his agents would have told him and we wouldn't be seeing this move.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Mossquito?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Little known fact...
    My nickname in high school was Q-Moss...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1102518
    Little known fact...
    My nickname in high school was Q-Moss...
    Better than Q-tip or QBert I guess.:laugh:

Blog Entries

I was at the offense/defense scrimmage during his rookie year at training camp and I think it is safe to say no player has ever come in and electrified the team the way he did.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102522
    I was at the offense/defense scrimmage during his rookie year at training camp and I think it is safe to say no player has ever come in and electrified the team the way he did.
    I wish there was Direct TV back in the late 90s. Maybe I would have caught more games instead of having to catch highlights on SC.

oppoldassoc is offline Waterboy

I cannot for the life of me recall who it was that I was talking to via PPO chat the other day, but I told them Moss was done and that nobody would sign him. Put a bow on him after last season - he is just not effective anymore.

He was a great WR back in the day but he lost his luster when he quit trying. Like Steve Young said on ESPN radio today - he was awesome but the sad thing is that if he wasn't such a pouter he could have been much better. Imagine if he had played as hard as he did from 1998-2000 his entire career...
    None

Blog Entries

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/01/moss-may-have-to-wait-to-enter-canton/

Based on production and talent, its a no-brainer. But while polling Hall of Fame voters last year for a feature on the question of whether off-field conduct should matter, a voter who requested anonymity said that Moss should have to wait based not on off-field issues but on-field lack of effort.

Hed roll over and die like a dog for teams when they needed him most, the voter said. He quit on his team in Minnesota. He quit for two years in Oakland. And he quit [in 2009] in New England.

If Terrell Owens, with whom Moss is tied for second place on the all-time receiving touchdowns list with 153, also retires this year, it could get interesting to see which of the two gets in first.

For one game, who gives his all? the voter asked. Id pick Owens because I know hell give his all. I dont know what Randy Moss is going to do.

CPonderFan is offline Rookie

Honestly this shocked me a bit...I can see him coming back to the NFL before too long. Hes still got game
    None

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure this isnt the last we see of Moss..

However if it is.. Thanks for being awesome, Thanks for being a freak and Thanks for doing it as a Viking for many years..

Randy will go down in history as a man who changed the game, who was a freakish talent, how often do you see a 6'4 guy run a 4.3 40... And while doing that, grabbing balls left and right with one hand..

Randy is my favourite player ever and it will take some kind of talent to surpass that in my mind.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast