Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Randy Moss - "One Clap"

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    NeoVikesTX wrote:
    Cool vid, man I love Randy Moss!
    Yeah, that was awesome the way he didn't even try to catch the pass where he was interfered with.
    He lost it.

It bounced away from him, he took his head off of it, and then it came back close to him while he was getting his balance.

Here's an experiment:
    Sit under a table in your house and have one of your kids drop a ball off(without warning) and see if you can catch it before it hits the ground.

It's impossible to do.

Moss knows his limits, just like the pass over his head to end the GB game, it was an impossible play to make. Had he tracked the ball the entire way he could have caught it, but he also might have fallen over, completely ruining any chance he had on it. Priority 1 was staying on his feet.
    Sure.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Moss has looked like crap all year IMO. He dropped a TD pass while a Pat... dropped the one for the Vikings... balls that hit his fingers that he used to always catch. He just doesn't seem to have the ball skills or the desire to go get it he once did.

Beyond that, his effort hasn't been there. Sure, he has been double teamed... but he can help his team a TON while being double teamed by pulling that safety even deeper. Instead he trots off the line queing the safety that he can attack the box versus going deeper and to the side to cover Moss over the top. He seems to be doing his same "I play when I wanna play" thing out there. Very disappointing.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Agreed.....I was not impressed. I know that it may have still been a difficult play, but we have seen him make some amazing plays over the years. I was not happy, but by the same token know I could not make the play.

As for the comment about him not knowing where the ball was, he would have to have a pretty good idea. Not every ball in the NFL is thrown dead on target. Sometimes a receiver has to adjust.

I just wish he would have appeared to have put some effort into catching the ball, and maybe less into demonstrating the interference.

This team has to take a deep look at itself, and figure out where they stand. We are not playing to anywhere near expectations. We are making physical and mental mistakes, and they are costing us games.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

The coaches and the League have pissed Moss off.

Will the sullen and pouty Randy stay with us or will the grown-up Randy take over?

Only Randy knows.

Whatever, we are far better off with Randy.....note how open Percy has been.....

Childress is EXACTLY the wrong coach for Moss--EXACTLY the wrong coach.

Childress can't give anybody respect and Moss needs respect.

Favre and Childress are getting more hostile. Moss has clearly taken on Childress as enemy number one.

I smell trouble.......for Childress.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

Infidel wrote:

Will the sullen and pouty Randy stay with us or will the grown-up Randy take over?

Only Randy knows.

Whatever, we are far better off with Randy.....note how open Percy has been.....

Favre and Childress are getting more hostile. Moss has clearly taken on Childress as enemy number one.

Congratulations.

You just won dumbest, most out of touch, most thoughtless, most ridiculous post of the week honors.....and it's only Monday!!!
    None

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

jrjohn wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Only Randy knows.

Congratulations.

You just won dumbest, most out of touch, most thoughtless, most ridiculous post of the week honors.....and it's only Monday!!!
    What are you, 12 years old? Knock it off.
    We know he dinged you first.
    Ok to post a response in that thread, we don't blame you.
    But don't post it in every thread on the board.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

I think he got the message, anyway he likes to win, so he won with the most votes.
    None

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

jrjohn wrote:
    I think he got the message, anyway he likes to win, so he won with the most votes.
    ok. See where you are coming from.
    Carry on.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12