Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Randy Moss Class Act

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    saw the replay of his TD and noticed him run to the endzone and hand the ball to a mentally handicapped man in a wheel chair and celebrate with him twice. That is total class but the media wont care with him they will only notice something negtive.
    They interviewed the man and his caretaker on the local news last night (monday). (I think it was KARE11, but I couldn't find a link to the story). He has cerebral palsy, and has to talk by typing on a keyboard. He had a smile from ear to ear, while his two autographed footballs sat in front of him. Apparently after the game Randy came over to talk, and signed the balls... and not just his name... each one looked like they had 'a book' written on them.

It appeared from the story that they had never met before. The news also said that prior to leaving for the game the individual was sad that he didn't have anything for Randy to sign, if he happened to score in that endzone. As it turns out he didn't need to bring anything.

The local media generally broadcasts good stories about him. It's the national media that seems to just look for the dirt.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

UkViking is offline Rookie

Randy Moss Class Act

Moss is a class act on the field and starting to show he has matured and become a much better person for it.Respect to him on his changing persona :salute:
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Randy Moss Class Act

Wasn't there a picture of him on the front page of the sports section on Monday giving that guy a football? The headline was "good game, good deed" or something like that.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Randy Moss Class Act

"UkViking" wrote:
    Moss is a class act on the field and starting to show he has matured and become a much better person for it.Respect to him on his changing persona :salute:
    You're right... found this in the archives

The caption read: Vikings Randy Moss hands the ball to Jason Mulligan, 26, of Maple Grove, Minn., after catching a 3-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter. Moss gave a second ball to Mulligan in the fourth quarter after another touchdown catch.

Carlos Gonzalez
    Star Tribune

Published September 26, 2004

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Randy Moss Class Act

Great pic! Where are all the Packer pics with similar acts of giving (and don't post pics of Chmura giving alcohol to the young'uns).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

brock is offline Rookie

Randy Moss Class Act

"hovan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    He has done stuff like that before. And just as you said, the media usually doesn't notice. Randy is starting to realize it is way more about the team than himself. He will always get the personal props, but to get to the next level (Super Bowl) he needs every one of his teammates to perform at a higher level.
    I have tons of footage of Moss giving balls to the small children and disabled people near the endzone. Never have I ever seen this on the mainstream media. It like the whole Owens/Moss deal, the media only covers what they think people will want to watch. And it is sad, the whole Rubber Neck scociety that America has become. People would rather hear about Moss running over a non gun toting traffic officer than making a kids day. :evil:
    Valid!!

By the way, seeing that guy's face light up when Moss gave him the ball really gives ya a good feeling.
    Greenway>You

Randy Moss Class Act

I hope he has about 20 more TD balls to give away this year, starting on Oct. 10th at Houston!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Randy Moss Class Act

Okay, I'll give you some grow-up points, but Moss's maturity is incredible? I think the jury is still out on that. Everyone is mature when you win. I'd like to see the Vikes go on a three game losing streak and Moss start not getting the d*$# ball, and see how mature he is.

No offense, but a giving a ball to someone in a wheelchair is NICE, not necessarily mature.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Randy Moss Class Act

Can't really argue your points los!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Randy Moss Class Act

I've been saying this for the last two years. That Randy gets a bad rap from the media. You have to remember he is a country boy from West Va. He's not used to the big city life or the spotlight like that.

And how many of us didn't smoke a little dope when we were younger.

Just because those kids get millions they are supposed to act like saints.

I'm not excusing the behavior I just mean if you get out of hand with a sponsor on your bus or whatever it's not the end of the world.

Like you've never had a temper tantrum.

But to get back on track. I'm glad yall mentioned the monday night game, the footballs he gives to kids (numerous times) and how good he is in the locker room.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123