Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randy Moss

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Randy Moss

Will he have a big game against us? It will be interesting to watch. Personally I wish we would have gone after Manningham.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Will he have a big game against us? It will be interesting to watch. Personally I wish we would have gone after Manningham.

We could have, but we didn't.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I think he will have a big game against us. We still are playing the same defensive scheme as we were when he last played here. He knows exactly where to beat it.

WWBGD

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Moss is on limted snaps, we need to watch out for Michael Crabtree, he is their main guy and has loads of talent.. Very underestimated..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I don't think he'll get in enough snaps to hurt us too badly. You can bet your ass they'll try to throw at least one deep ball to him, or call his number on a jump ball down around the goal line. I just don't think he'll be getting more than 3 or 4 receptions.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    If he does score though, if it's in 100% cheese frees endzone, does he try to jump into his arms??? Maybe he'll just give him the ball haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Those DB's you discount in Det held him to one catch......Just saying.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Those DB's you discount in Det held him to one catch......Just saying.
    He didn't get served by a sub standard caterer in Detroit that I know of. And food revenge is a dish better served cold, so I think he just might have a little extra incentive this game.

If our WR's can't even stop (what was his name again?) from the Jags from getting behind the defense at the end of the game they don't stand a chance against Moss even at his age if he wants to make a point.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    I remember being with my dad up in duluth at the twins bar watching Moss's first pre-season game..

there was a comment made, "Every OC, HC are kicking themselves for not taking this kid" then after his first real game.. "I think most DC's in the NFL just got a new headache" and who in Minnesota didn't love the Cheesehead Moon salute!!

who else remembers daunte looking right to see Moss's hand raise up before the snap.. meaning.. 1 on 1 throw it to me.. and BAM TD.. it was a given, we KNEW it was going to him.. hell EVERY1 knew it was going to him.. I really enjoyed watching him.. I was sad to see him go, esp the way it was done.. but that's the NFL.. now.. since then other great wr's have come and gone.. Chad, TO just to name a 2.. It's hard as a fan to really understand how they can't keep it up.. but it's hard.. hell i play ice hockey.. i'm 40.. i know the game inside and out, tricks, plays.. and what to do when to do it.. but when i'm trying to out hustle a 20 yr old kid.. i might beat him the first time.. maybe the second.. then.. that race is over. this is how i see Moss now..
    he might get 1 or 2 plays in which he gets to use that instinct.. the knowledge of football he has, the football IQ every coach lauds about him.. but after that.. the engine just doesn't have the drive it once had.

now bring him back here.. in a game where he's got the overmatched team vs a rebuilding struggeling squad.. think he wants to prove to MN faithfull he stikll has it.. a place that will generally have him still up there as one of the greatest? i'm sure he wants to prove it.. now if chilly was here. i'd make bets on it.

I don't think he'll be the one that torches the Vikes sunday.. he'll get some snaps.. probably be a decoy, and get some balls thrown his way. it's too bad he had to be the headcase.. i thought he woulda made a great WR coach one day.

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Moss will play well enough. He plays well for teams that are coached well.

He was dead on about how the Vikings under Childress were not up to par in the NFL. He came from the most advanced organization in the NFL and came to clown shoes central. Now he is with another well coached team in the 49ers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast