Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Random stats and thoughts

    -The vikings have held their first 3 opponents to under 20 ponts each for the first time since 1990
    Under mike tice the vikings were 0-21 when scoring under 20 points,Under brad childress they are 2-1 when scoring less than 20.
    -In three games chster taylor leads the league with 75 carries
    -The viking have gone 133 straight games with a pass over 20 yards

    Here are my random thoughts
    -I think antoine winfield is making a case to go to his first probowl against the bears he had 10 tackles and a pick for a TD
    -Referees have lost their mind..They made a lot of bogus calls highlighted by t-will pass interference.
    -Keneche udeze was playing like a beast on the play where grossman threw the pick for a touchdown he broke through 3 offensive linemen and almost sacked grossman for the safety.
    -Pat williams continues to dominate olin kruetz highlighted by his almost sack of grossman where olin forgot that pat existed and just let him run straight at rex,and also by pats awesome closeline on thomas jones.
    -Chester taylor continues to produce against quality defenses chugging for another 70 yards against what is possibly the best defens ein the land,Also he didnt actually fumble because he never had the ball,tommie harris got in there on the exchange so it never had a chance that was not chesters fault it was the guard artis hicks.

  2. #2
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    -The vikings have held their first 3 opponents to under 20 ponts each for the first time since 1990
    Under mike tice the vikings were 0-21 when scoring under 20 points,Under brad childress they are 2-1 when scoring less than 20.
    -In three games chster taylor leads the league with 75 carries
    -The viking have gone 133 straight games with a pass over 20 yards

    Here are my random thoughts
    -I think antoine winfield is making a case to go to his first probowl against the bears he had 10 tackles and a pick for a TD
    -Referees have lost their mind..They made a lot of bogus calls highlighted by t-will pass interference.
    -Keneche udeze was playing like a beast on the play where grossman threw the pick for a touchdown he broke through 3 offensive linemen and almost sacked grossman for the safety.
    -Pat williams continues to dominate olin kruetz highlighted by his almost sack of grossman where olin forgot that pat existed and just let him run straight at rex,and also by pats awesome closeline on thomas jones.
    -Chester taylor continues to produce against quality defenses chugging for another 70 yards against what is possibly the best defens ein the land,Also he didnt actually fumble because he never had the ball,tommie harris got in there on the exchange so it never had a chance that was not chesters fault it was the guard artis hicks.
    ~ I think Winfield has a ways to go. Giving up big third downs, getting his ankles broken by Jones. He did have a pick for a TD he needs to improve to make the probowl imo.

    ~ Refs were calling alot of flags. Both ways.

    ~Udeze played well so did Scott, which is impressive considering Udeze was moved back to right and Scott filled in on the left.

    ~ Pat Williams has been really quite, this was his first solid game, I hope it is the first of many.

    ~Taylor is good, I am waiting for him to get hurt. I expect him to fumble when he touches the ball 30+ times a game it is a matter of odds.

  3. #3
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    very good on the stats and all are right..the calls were bogus and since they called grounding on brad they should of also called it on rex, i know of one if not two times he did that to avoid the sack..and pat was awesome, loved the clothes line he did on jones..we are getting better each week and next time we meet the bears will be a different story and ending
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

  4. #4
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    "Del" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    -The vikings have held their first 3 opponents to under 20 ponts each for the first time since 1990
    Under mike tice the vikings were 0-21 when scoring under 20 points,Under brad childress they are 2-1 when scoring less than 20.
    -In three games chster taylor leads the league with 75 carries
    -The viking have gone 133 straight games with a pass over 20 yards

    Here are my random thoughts
    -I think antoine winfield is making a case to go to his first probowl against the bears he had 10 tackles and a pick for a TD
    -Referees have lost their mind..They made a lot of bogus calls highlighted by t-will pass interference.
    -Keneche udeze was playing like a beast on the play where grossman threw the pick for a touchdown he broke through 3 offensive linemen and almost sacked grossman for the safety.
    -Pat williams continues to dominate olin kruetz highlighted by his almost sack of grossman where olin forgot that pat existed and just let him run straight at rex,and also by pats awesome closeline on thomas jones.
    -Chester taylor continues to produce against quality defenses chugging for another 70 yards against what is possibly the best defens ein the land,Also he didnt actually fumble because he never had the ball,tommie harris got in there on the exchange so it never had a chance that was not chesters fault it was the guard artis hicks.
    ~ I think Winfield has a ways to go. Giving up big third downs, getting his ankles broken by Jones. He did have a pick for a TD he needs to improve to make the probowl imo.

    ~ Refs were calling alot of flags. Both ways.

    ~Udeze played well so did Scott, which is impressive considering Udeze was moved back to right and Scott filled in on the left.

    ~ Pat Williams has been really quite, this was his first solid game, I hope it is the first of many.

    ~Taylor is good, I am waiting for him to get hurt. I expect him to fumble when he touches the ball 30+ times a game it is a matter of odds.
    Winfield is the best tackler on our team and make the tackle 95 percent of the time!We can cut him some slack for missing one tackle!Plus that was just a great juke by jones.
    And i dont think chester will fumble this year a lot we played three ball hawk defenses and he only fumbled once (and that was because someone got a hand on the handoff)

  5. #5
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    -The vikings have held their first 3 opponents to under 20 ponts each for the first time since 1990
    Under mike tice the vikings were 0-21 when scoring under 20 points,Under brad childress they are 2-1 when scoring less than 20.
    -In three games chster taylor leads the league with 75 carries
    -The viking have gone 133 straight games with a pass over 20 yards

    Here are my random thoughts
    -I think antoine winfield is making a case to go to his first probowl against the bears he had 10 tackles and a pick for a TD
    -Referees have lost their mind..They made a lot of bogus calls highlighted by t-will pass interference.
    -Keneche udeze was playing like a beast on the play where grossman threw the pick for a touchdown he broke through 3 offensive linemen and almost sacked grossman for the safety.
    -Pat williams continues to dominate olin kruetz highlighted by his almost sack of grossman where olin forgot that pat existed and just let him run straight at rex,and also by pats awesome closeline on thomas jones.
    -Chester taylor continues to produce against quality defenses chugging for another 70 yards against what is possibly the best defens ein the land,Also he didnt actually fumble because he never had the ball,tommie harris got in there on the exchange so it never had a chance that was not chesters fault it was the guard artis hicks.
    ~ I think Winfield has a ways to go. Giving up big third downs, getting his ankles broken by Jones. He did have a pick for a TD he needs to improve to make the probowl imo.

    ~ Refs were calling alot of flags. Both ways.

    ~Udeze played well so did Scott, which is impressive considering Udeze was moved back to right and Scott filled in on the left.

    ~ Pat Williams has been really quite, this was his first solid game, I hope it is the first of many.

    ~Taylor is good, I am waiting for him to get hurt. I expect him to fumble when he touches the ball 30+ times a game it is a matter of odds.
    Winfield is the best tackler on our team and make the tackle 95 percent of the time!We can cut him some slack for missing one tackle!Plus that was just a great juke by jones.
    And i dont think chester will fumble this year a lot we played three ball hawk defenses and he only fumbled once (and that was because someone got a hand on the handoff)
    Unfortunately being a good tackler is not going to get a CB into the Pro-bowl. Most teams if your team is doing what it should your LB's should lead the team in tackles. Pro-Bowl corners are the guys that get their hands on the balls, AW has never been that guy.

    He has a ways to go if he wants to see the pro-bowl

  6. #6
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    chester will be fine, they're using our backups a little bit more than before to give him a rest, he's averaging 25 carries a game right now which is about where we should keep him

    -note- he is also the #5 over all in rushing yards as of now


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  7. #7
    vikingbill50's Avatar
    vikingbill50 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    271

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    it wasnt just winfield, all the bears recievers were wide open most of the game, if it wasnt for our defense putting pressure in rex it would not have been that closeof a game, we need to get the secondary to do alot better job at their job and that is to cover and try to get turnovers..
    I BLEED THE COLOR PURPLE

  8. #8
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    "Del" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    -The vikings have held their first 3 opponents to under 20 ponts each for the first time since 1990
    Under mike tice the vikings were 0-21 when scoring under 20 points,Under brad childress they are 2-1 when scoring less than 20.
    -In three games chster taylor leads the league with 75 carries
    -The viking have gone 133 straight games with a pass over 20 yards

    Here are my random thoughts
    -I think antoine winfield is making a case to go to his first probowl against the bears he had 10 tackles and a pick for a TD
    -Referees have lost their mind..They made a lot of bogus calls highlighted by t-will pass interference.
    -Keneche udeze was playing like a beast on the play where grossman threw the pick for a touchdown he broke through 3 offensive linemen and almost sacked grossman for the safety.
    -Pat williams continues to dominate olin kruetz highlighted by his almost sack of grossman where olin forgot that pat existed and just let him run straight at rex,and also by pats awesome closeline on thomas jones.
    -Chester taylor continues to produce against quality defenses chugging for another 70 yards against what is possibly the best defens ein the land,Also he didnt actually fumble because he never had the ball,tommie harris got in there on the exchange so it never had a chance that was not chesters fault it was the guard artis hicks.
    ~ I think Winfield has a ways to go. Giving up big third downs, getting his ankles broken by Jones. He did have a pick for a TD he needs to improve to make the probowl imo.

    ~ Refs were calling alot of flags. Both ways.

    ~Udeze played well so did Scott, which is impressive considering Udeze was moved back to right and Scott filled in on the left.

    ~ Pat Williams has been really quite, this was his first solid game, I hope it is the first of many.

    ~Taylor is good, I am waiting for him to get hurt. I expect him to fumble when he touches the ball 30+ times a game it is a matter of odds.
    Winfield is the best tackler on our team and make the tackle 95 percent of the time!We can cut him some slack for missing one tackle!Plus that was just a great juke by jones.
    And i dont think chester will fumble this year a lot we played three ball hawk defenses and he only fumbled once (and that was because someone got a hand on the handoff)
    Unfortunately being a good tackler is not going to get a CB into the Pro-bowl. Most teams if your team is doing what it should your LB's should lead the team in tackles. Pro-Bowl corners are the guys that get their hands on the balls, AW has never been that guy.

    He has a ways to go if he wants to see the pro-bowl
    Ditto Del.

    Why in the world would you give a CB Pro Bowl honors for tackling ability?
    Look at the CB's who make the Pro Bowl; they are above average CB's.
    A CB's primary job is not to tackle.
    His primary job is to defend against the pass.
    His secondary job is to tackle.
    Players make Pro Bowls by doing their assigned job.


    Also, did you ever think that a lot of the tackles were because he did not defend the player well enough and they came down with the ball right in front of his setting up an easy tackle?
    Fox showed a replay of a ball caught right in front of AW and hais Charmin coverage of ( I do not remember who is was) and then he made the tackle.
    How about this next time.
    Get up on the line, bust the WR in the mouth, then cover him like flies on donkey crap?
    Then, and only then, may you have a chance to earn a Pro Bowl.

    AW is an average (at best) cover corner.
    He was the same way at THE OSU and in Buffalo.
    Why do you think the Bills kept Springs?

    And please, turn off the "independant thought alarm", it's very painful.

  9. #9
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    no matter what, i love AW, mainly because of his love for the game

    watch him on a big hit, HUGE smile, see him when he almost picks off a ball and really thinks that was his shot to take it? shakes his head with a huge smile on his face.

    last year he was the one to call out our coaching staff, he's clearly a veteran leader, many sports casters hail him as a top defender in the league (be it as it may, because of his tackleing skills =(
    ), but you're right, he does need to work on his cover skills before he has hopes for a pro-bowl


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  10. #10
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    541

    Re: Random stats and thoughts

    Is it just me or does this cover 2 have the CBs playing at least 5yds off? The middle of the field was wide open, and this is where they seemed to make their big plays. I'm not sure if it's all the CBs fault. The LBs and the safeties also need to step into the zone. The passes only were completed when the blitzes were picked up (or it seemed that way to me).
    There's nothing the secondary can do if the blitz is picked, too many guys to cover without the QB being pressured. Just my two cents.

Similar Threads

  1. More than a few random thoughts on this NFCCG day
    By purplepat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 05:06 AM
  2. Random Jerseys
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 10:49 PM
  3. random post
    By poult in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 08:05 AM
  4. looking for answers for my random thoughts.....
    By michaelmazid in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 02:11 PM
  5. Back home again in the sandbox( and other random thoughts)
    By sandviking in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 01:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •