Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Randall McDaniel merits Hall call

[size=13pt]CHARLEY WALTERS: Former Minnesota Viking Randall McDaniel merits Hall call[/size]

Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 02/01/2008 12:15:09 AM CST

SHOOTER CHARLEY WALTERS
    twincities.com

Randall McDaniel was voted a Pro Bowl offensive lineman a dozen times during his 13-year Vikings career, and it would seem a grave injustice if on Saturday he isn't voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Randall McDaniel merits Hall call

Both McDaniel, and Carter should be voted into the Hall of Fame, Randall was a pro-bowler 12 of his 13 year career, and was as dominant a O-lineman as ever there was.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Would like to see him get in, there are whiner columns in every local newspaper touting their guys that are getting snubbed.
    I wonder how long it will take for Cris Carter to get in.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Alot of people jump on the bandwagon but don't realize what made him good.

For the later part of his career DL just kept getting bigger, faster and better and yet he still listed a bit under 280lbs as his playing weight.

The only reason he was able to play for so long against those bigger guys was because he was technically sound/hell perfect with his play.

Hell he was athletic enough to even play FB a few times.

For him not to get in as a first ballot HOF'r would be just a sin and I'm saying that without purple glasses on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ....For him not to get in as a first ballot HOF'r would be just a sin and I'm saying that without purple glasses on.
    I guess you have more faith in the system than I do.
    I don't doubt that he'll get in, but the system has a lot of morons voting in it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ....For him not to get in as a first ballot HOF'r would be just a sin and I'm saying that without purple glasses on.
    I don't doubt that he'll get in, but the system has a lot of morons voting in it.
    I have no faith in the system, especially when it comes to voting in a Offensive Lineman.

Hell why would they vote on an OL?
    He isn't the sexy reciever catching long bombs or the QB throwing the long bomb.
    Most of the voters are just as clueless as most of the fans when it comes to Line play on both sides of the ball.

To me, the OL is one of the most interesting aspects of the team and I study thier play alot, however, most casual fans (and sports writers for that matter) don't even have a clue what they actually do on the field.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

I remember the weird stance he used with his foot way back and kinda sideways. Didn't he also eat a bunch of candy and junk before games? I think they talked about it during a game once.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I have no faith in the system, especially when it comes to voting in a Offensive Lineman.

Hell why would they vote on an OL?
    He isn't the sexy reciever catching long bombs or the QB throwing the long bomb.
    Most of the voters are just as clueless as most of the fans when it comes to Line play on both sides of the ball.

To me, the OL is one of the most interesting aspects of the team and I study thier play alot, however, most casual fans (and sports writers for that matter) don't even have a clue what they actually do on the field.

They are good at saying things like, 'it's won or lost in the trenches'.
    The intricacies of the line play are rarely addressed in any mainstream media outlet.
    I guess that's not surprising since most newspapers are written at the sixth grade level.
    I've wished for decades that they would have more cameras focusing on the lines.
    I don't see why they can't have a split-screen type setup for coverage where they show the intricacies of the different facets of the game.
    There have been many improvements in the coverage though, a lot more camera angles and not the distant shot of the whole field in black and white.
    Maybe someday the coverage will improve so the diehard fans can have another thing to drool over.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I must say that I haven't followed it before, only the last two years. But already last year, with Irvin getting in while Art Monk got snubbed proved to me that this is pure horseshit.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"x-ray" wrote:
    I remember the weird stance he used with his foot way back and kinda sideways. Didn't he also eat a bunch of candy and junk before games? I think they talked about it during a game once.
    It was actually his only "Flaw" to his game.
    He looked funny lining up.
    ;D

Hell of a player though. Again, I say that with my purple glasses off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast