2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Rams officially fire Steve Spagnuolo

Rams officially fire Steve Spagnuolo, GM Devaney - CBSSports.com

GOOD! get to your fucking pitch for Defensive coordinator Vikes...

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Very Good Defensive Coordinator...Grab Him!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Now I would like to see this guy here.

Fraizer stays as HC
    Spag as DC
    coax Chucky out of his new job to be our OC
    Singletary stays as assistant coach and LB coach. Some don't like him, but I think he has a place somewhere, just have to find what it is. He's not HC/Coordinator material IMO, but he can be useful. Look what he did to Vernon Davis, turned him from some punk asshole to a leader.
    Fire OC, QB and secondary coach, replace with somebody experienced in both.

That will a great step in the right direction.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 01-02-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Id have him here as the D CO in a heartbeat.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Now I would like to see this guy here.

Fraizer stays as HC
    Spag as DC
    coax Chucky out of retirement as OC
    Singletary stays as assistant coach and LB coach. Some don't like him, but I think he has a place somewhere, just have to find what it is. He's not HC/Coordinator material IMO, but he can be useful. Look what he did to Vernon Davis, turned him from some punk asshole to a leader.
    Fire OC, QB and secondary coach, replace with somebody experienced in both.

That will a great step in the right direction.
    Gruden doesn't run a young QB friendly version of the wco, its one of the more complex in verbage .....Webb and Ponder could suffer some setbacks with his schemes and Gruden had more success with experienced guys like Gannon, Johnson and Garcia.

Aside from that I don't think he'd take anything less than a HC position with a good amount of control of the personel

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Gruden doesn't run a young QB friendly version of the wco, its one of the more complex in verbage .....Webb and Ponder could suffer some setbacks with his schemes and Gruden had more success with experienced guys like Gannon, Johnson and Garcia.

Aside from that I don't think he'd take anything less than a HC position with a good amount of control of the personel
    Probably true about the last point, but about the first, I'm not sure that will be a big issue.

Remember, Ponder graduated with a Finance degree 3.75 GPA in 2.5 years, Also has an MBA, and is now studying his second graduate degree. I'm fairly certain he can handle a complex scheme. I don't think his issue is understanding the playbook, it's catching up with the NFL game itself.

Webb? Maybe an issue, he's got enough on his plate coming from a small DI-AA school and adjusting to the NFL as a passer.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Probably true about the last point, but about the first, I'm not sure that will be a big issue.

Remember, Ponder graduated with a Finance degree 3.75 GPA in 2.5 years, Also has an MBA, and is now studying his second graduate degree. I'm fairly certain he can handle a complex scheme. I don't think his issue is understanding the playbook, it's catching up with the NFL game itself.

Webb? Maybe an issue, he's got enough on his plate coming from a small DI-AA school and adjusting to the NFL as a passer.
    It would take some time for Ponder to adjust, I do think he's smart but there is also the receivers (I think we will end up young here too) that will have to settle into chuck's system as well. I'm more of why over complicate things when it my not be really needed, like how many times with Musgraves shifts did we end up with an end uncovered or some other illegal formation problem do to too much movement.