Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think it's safe to say that at all & disagree with it.

Oakland scored 10 points off of Ponder's interceptions, another 7 after Booker fumbled a KO return and another 7 after Kluwe/Longwell botched the FG try.
    Adrian would have ran up and down on that Oakland defence, that also takes away some passes from Ponder and opens up pass game in general, playaction etc. You could proberly wipe away some of those INT's.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I don't think it's safe to say that at all & disagree with it.

Oakland scored 10 points off of Ponder's interceptions, another 7 after Booker fumbled a KO return and another 7 after Kluwe/Longwell botched the FG try.
    Fair point there Singer..

I have ZERO confidence in Ponder right now, he has serious accuracy issues.

delviking is offline Starter
    AP was doing good till the injury, Ponder showed heart behind a line that cant block, The 1st Int in the redzone would have abeen a TD to D'Imperio I think, but since our LT cant sustain a block for even a milli second he had to get flushed out to the right. now yes the Int is on Ponder but he was trying to salvage a win outta nothing and came damn near close to it. once again 5 TOs and we lose by 6 and the key for the victory was in our OFF hand for once. yeah we came up short it sucks but we will never really know what ponder can or cant do till we have a Line that can block. im a true believer in game are won and lost in the trenches. ill be rather pissed if we go another Offseaon and dont address every spot on the line LT to RT. it need to be a free for all the best 5 win not by name but by deed.

Nitrostangs is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by delviking View Post
    AP was doing good till the injury, Ponder showed heart behind a line that cant block, The 1st Int in the redzone would have abeen a TD to D'Imperio I think, but since our LT cant sustain a block for even a milli second he had to get flushed out to the right. now yes the Int is on Ponder but he was trying to salvage a win outta nothing and came damn near close to it. once again 5 TOs and we lose by 6 and the key for the victory was in our OFF hand for once. yeah we came up short it sucks but we will never really know what ponder can or cant do till we have a Line that can block. im a true believer in game are won and lost in the trenches. ill be rather pissed if we go another Offseaon and dont address every spot on the line LT to RT. it need to be a free for all the best 5 win not by name but by deed.
    You are absolutely right, we have to run roll outs on every play because our offensive line can't hold blocks. In addition is the fact Ponder doesn't have the greatest weapons to throw to. I knew going into this season that is was going to be a poor offensive season when our starting Wideouts are Micheal Jenkins and Devin Aromashdu. The offensive line can only hold off the pass rushers for so long. Ponder just can't seem to find anyone open. Young receivers are not working back to the ball either.

It appears as thought we need major help via draft at Safety, Corner, Offensive Line, Receiver. I really don't see any reason to win another game this season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234