Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What's sad is the fact that based on remaining schedule I can't see us winning more than one more game. 3-13 is not good. Who knows what will happen in the off season. Maybe the end of the Vikes. Maybe Frazier is gone. Not much to look forward to at this point.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    What happened to those people that claimed a young and mobile QB would fix our OL? *snicker*
    They probably would have been right, problem is that quarterback is playing for the seahawks.
    None

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    What's sad is the fact that based on remaining schedule I can't see us winning more than one more game. 3-13 is not good. Who knows what will happen in the off season. Maybe the end of the Vikes. Maybe Frazier is gone. Not much to look forward to at this point.
    Frazier won't be gone. He's still in the honeymoon period - he has at LEAST another season to go...likely two...before he's fired.

On the PRO side, Ponder showed some nice poise, despite a 3-pick day. He seems to have taken control of the Offense, and obviously doesn't rely on Peterson to make things happen for him (unlike a former QB we had). I think if we put some complimentary pieces around him, we might be alright in the future.

On the CON side, I was disappointed with the Defense's apparent lack of ability to stop Oakland...ever. They got steamrolled...just like last week. And it's happening in all phases of the Defensive game. Beat at the line, beat at the 2nd tier (LB's), and beat in the secondary. Granted, Ponder's 3 picks didn't do them any favors, but this unit has struggled to stop anyone lately.

We need a lot of help.

Caine

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jrjohn View Post
    They probably would have been right, problem is that quarterback is playing for the seahawks.
    Worst post of the year. Seriously, go away. You are a Packer fan and nobody gives a shit about your comments.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    We would have won today had Adrian played 4 quarters.. I think thats pretty safe to say.. However Toby showed today that he isnt worth that 2nd round pick we used on him and it against goes to sum up the bad job this front office has done on bringing talent in outside of the first round the last 5 years

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    We would have won today had Adrian played 4 quarters.. I think thats pretty safe to say.. However Toby showed today that he isnt worth that 2nd round pick we used on him and it against goes to sum up the bad job this front office has done on bringing talent in outside of the first round the last 5 years
    Actually a 2nd and 3rd on Gerhart.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    On the CON side, I was disappointed with the Defense's apparent lack of ability to stop Oakland...ever. They got steamrolled...just like last week. And it's happening in all phases of the Defensive game. Beat at the line, beat at the 2nd tier (LB's), and beat in the secondary. Granted, Ponder's 3 picks didn't do them any favors, but this unit has struggled to stop anyone lately.

We need a lot of help.

Caine
    Lito Sheppard had a decent game.

Oh snap! He plays for Oakland now.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MossMems is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Actually Ponder with his 2 redzone INTs lost us this game.

And your right, Toby was a waste of a 2nd. Was there really a 3rd pick involved?

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I hate seeing us loose. But I was encouraged that we fought back. Ponder shows some promise. He made some rookie mistakes but I guess I can let that slide ...... he is a rookie. Saw some improvement on the D .... still playing in the fourth quarter. Too many dropped balls. O line just sucked again. To me o line needs a total rework. I look back at the previous games and there were only two blow outs we were in most of the games. Very frustrating season so far. Still love the vikings as I have since year one in the league.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Seriously, why can't we win games like this when we have a chance at the end? This is the 4th or 5th game this year where we had the ball at the end and were a good drive away from stealing a victory, but we always fail. We certainly seem to lose many games when the situation is reversed, so why can't we ever turn the tables? Our bend n break defense always breaks, but when we go against the bend n break D, it doesn't seem like we can even get it to bend. It's always 4 n out. We can't even get the garbage yards like so many teams get against us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast