Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Ragnar: Dumbest sports mascot?

A few years back I thought Ragnar looked like a derilect more than a Viking conqueror.
    I had a low opinion of him.
    But I actually met the man and talked to him a little when I had a VIP sideline pass.
    He is clean and bright with clear eyes up close. He is intelligent and very personable with the fans.

I sense that he is the 'adult ' mascot and Victor was intended to be more directed toward the kids as well as the adults.

Victor does a great job and looks a little better after they softened his first year 'amphetamine smile'.

I think there is room for both.

Please don't bring back boy George or whoever that was that banged on the drum!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

jargomcfargo wrote:
    A few years back I thought Ragnar looked like a derilect more than a Viking conqueror.
    I had a low opinion of him.
    But I actually met the man and talked to him a little when I had a VIP sideline pass.
    He is clean and bright with clear eyes up close. He is intelligent and very personable with the fans.

I sense that he is the 'adult ' mascot and Victor was intended to be more directed toward the kids as well as the adults.

Victor does a great job and looks a little better after they softened his first year 'amphetamine smile'.

I think there is room for both.

Please don't bring back boy George or whoever that was that banged on the drum!
    LOL. I think it was "Krazy George", and he was about as bad as Vikadonis Rex. Both were horrible.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Erinnn is offline Starter

Zeus wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    I can't stand it when he does his stupid f-ing dances in the opposite endzone from the cheerleaders. It's embarrassing.
    I *love* that.

=Z=
    I don't know if you're being serious or not, but I love it. I'm easily amused, and it's always funny. I cannot stand Viktor, and when I'm being a smartass my dad threatens to hire him to visit me at work or on my birthday (like when I was a kid they always threatened to send me to a private, Christian school).

I have season tickets for an arena football team and this is our mascot:

They basically put camo on big, scary head and called him "Sarge."

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Erinnn wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    I can't stand it when he does his stupid f-ing dances in the opposite endzone from the cheerleaders. It's embarrassing.
    I *love* that.
    I don't know if you're being serious or not, but I love it. I'm easily amused, and it's always funny.
    I was being totally serious. I don't find it one bit embarrassing. I don't take mascots as seriously as some.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

I always thought Ragnar was widely considered to be one of the best.
    I even seem to remember Brett mentioning something about this when he was on the Packers.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Love Ragnar

He will always be a Vike!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Ragnar is way better than the sock puppet mascots that most teams have. How can his dancing be any worse than some stupid stuffed chicken running around flapping his arms? :laugh:

WWBGD

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

NodakPaul wrote:
    I used to like Ragnar, but he has gotten way weirder in the last decade or so. I can't stand it when he does his stupid f-ing dances in the opposite endzone from the cheerleaders. It's embarrassing. Now in the day, Hub Meeds was great - a well known symbol of passionate fandom. Kind of how Syd (100% Cheese Free) is now. Ragnar just doesn't do it for me anymore. He isn't one of the dumbest mascots by any means (seriously, have they see the mascots in Philly?), but still not one of my favorites.
    That is basically it. A Vikings warrior doing cheerleader dances is just silly. It makes the team mascot look like Peter Pan, and Peter Pan is often played by a girl.

Texas Viking is offline Starter

How can you not love a mascot that rides out on Harleys? Although like some, I never thought of Ragnar as a mascot but more of a VIP fan that gets face time on the field.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Texas Viking wrote:
    How can you not love a mascot that rides out on Harleys? Although like some, I never thought of Ragnar as a mascot but more of a VIP fan that gets face time on the field.
    Agreed. Ragnar is not a Mascot to me either...he's just a guy who gets face time. I think his dances are hilarious - fat guys are always funny when they dance - and I in no way take him seriously as "The Face of the Franchise".

I would HATE to see us get a "Sock Puppet" mascot...heck, truth be told, I don't WANT a "Mascot". Although it would be cool to get the Capital One guys to run out on the field and trash stuff...

Caine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast