Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Ragnar: Dumbest sports mascot?

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/gallery/dumbest-mascots-photo-gallery-051910#sport=Olympics&photo=11219602

Ragnar, Minnesota Vikings

Let's be honest ... this is just some dude the Vikings pulled from the stands who looks vaguely like what we think Vikings might have looked like thousands of years ago. Not even the fact that he drives a motorcycle can save him from being labeled one of sport's dumbest mascots.

I guess I am missing how this is one of the Dumbest?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Ragnar: Dumbest sports mascot?

GG, were the heck you been my friend?

Thanks for the link. Makes me remember one a couple of years ago were we were talking about Victor. Singer absolutely loves that cat. :silly:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Garland Greene wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/gallery/dumbest-mascots-photo-gallery-051910#sport=Olympics&photo=11219602

Ragnar, Minnesota Vikings

Let's be honest ... this is just some dude the Vikings pulled from the stands who looks vaguely like what we think Vikings might have looked like thousands of years ago. Not even the fact that he drives a motorcycle can save him from being labeled one of sport's dumbest mascots.

I guess I am missing how this is one of the Dumbest?
    I don't even think of Ragnar as a "mascot", to be honest. He's the living embodiment of the Vikings' spirit in the 21st century.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    GG, were the heck you been my friend?

Thanks for the link. Makes me remember one a couple of years ago were we were talking about Victor. Singer absolutely loves that cat. :silly:
    I'm good mMrr New job ,New baby Life just been busy. Mostly lurking on here since it has been slow since draft.

And yeah Zues i kind of feel the same way. Most of the mascots on that list are for just one event like the Olympics. Doesn't Stanford have or had soem weird looking tree thing? how was that not on the list?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OK, I know I am going to get slammed by some here...

But I like Viktor as a mascot much better than I like Ragnar.

I used to like Ragnar, but he has gotten way weirder in the last decade or so. I can't stand it when he does his stupid f-ing dances in the opposite endzone from the cheerleaders. It's embarrassing. Now in the day, Hub Meeds was great - a well known symbol of passionate fandom. Kind of how Syd (100% Cheese Free) is now. Ragnar just doesn't do it for me anymore. He isn't one of the dumbest mascots by any means (seriously, have they see the mascots in Philly?), but still not one of my favorites.

I liked it when they introduced Viktor, and I like how he is very much a sports mascot - doing things like rappelling from the ceiling, challenging kids to pushup contests in the crowd before the game, etc. I think he was a very good addition to the team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

I used to like Ragnar, but he has gotten way weirder in the last decade or so. I can't stand it when he does his stupid f-ing dances in the opposite endzone from the cheerleaders. It's embarrassing. Now in the day, Hub Meeds was great - a well known symbol of passionate fandom. Kind of how Syd (100% Cheese Free) is now. Ragnar just doesn't do it for me anymore. He isn't one of the dumbest mascots by any means (seriously, have they see the mascots in Philly?), but still not one of my favorites.

I liked it when they introduced Viktor, and I like how he is very much a sports mascot - doing things like rappelling from the ceiling, challenging kids to pushup contests in the crowd before the game, etc. I think he was a very good addition to the team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    I can't stand it when he does his stupid f-ing dances in the opposite endzone from the cheerleaders. It's embarrassing.
    I *love* that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul wrote:

Not by me you won't.

Anytime a Viking wiggles his ass and waives pom poms like that I get, well, embarrasssssed.

On a side note, did you notice, he is the only one that actually shows his face.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene wrote:
    I'm good mMrr New job ,New baby Life just been busy. Mostly lurking on here since it has been slow since draft.
    WOW. First Mr. A, now you. I feel like a lazy slimebag slug.....

Congrats on the Job and young one. The later is one of Gods greatest gifts.

Blog Entries

I fail to see how Scrotie didn't make the list. (And yes, he is a real mascot)
    http://www.oddee.com/item_96800.aspx

Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast