Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:RACINO already has many legislative backers

fanofteam wrote:
    I was talking about Senators like Franken.

If I had to guess I think you're talking about represenatives from all of the districts in Minnesota, I have never heard of anyone but the 2 senators from each state reffered to as "senators" so it threw me off.
    Yup, we were talking about two different groups. The state legislature is made up similar to the federal level. MN has 67 districts in it, and each district has 1 senator and 2 representatives.

I was surprised to find out that the MN House isn't determined by population though. Instead, the districts are drawn according to population, so that each district represents approximately the same number of people.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I have not followed this too closely but on PAs show Dick Day said that Pawlenty would sign it if it reached his desk but said he did not want anything to do with getting it there. Good news but they need to get it there.

Dibbzz is offline Starter

Racino backers counting on weak economy

http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/85047602.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4OW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

Seems like at least a little progress has been made. Personally I think this is going to be a tough sell because proponents will argue why not give all of the money to schools, rural development, etc. as opposed to the NFL. The MSFC I think offered to basically give the Vikings the Metrodome for "free" and they turned it down, so naturally there will be more proponents from that side as well.

I think for this bill to get passed it has to be etched out better. For example designating specifically how money will be divvied and to which programs. If supposedly an extra quarter of a billion dollars is going back out to the state voters are going to probably want the Athletics portion to be significantly lower than say for schools. Granted it would take longer to pay off the stadium but at least the lawmakers would be more keen on the idea. It's also kinda dicey because the NFL isn't too fond of having a stadium payed with gambling money (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), either. We'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12