Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

"jackyl" wrote:
    Big games I was including McNabb and Manning only out of the guys mentioned. I don't think hasselbeck is an elite. I personally don't like him, and he gets his respect because of Holmgren because he's a "chosen" ala Favre. But Daunte's lack of respect is simply because he has had the greatest WR in the game with him the whole way and hasn't been able to do anything with that.
    Yes, his first 2 full years. Then after that he has had, Moss and a bunch of what other(nonVikefans) would call scrubs.

Yes people are making Hasslebeck out to be the next favre because of Holmgren. Makes me want to Puke.

The Vikes have choke and have been subpar for the whole time Culpepper has been "matured" There are a couple of things to factor in during this time period. Tice is an IDIOT. DC was injured and out last season when he came back he had a hard time and WE botched the season but he will take a lot of the rap for it becasue he is the leader as the QB. Everysince DC has come of age he has been under Tice.

From our point of view we know that the offense has had to do alot just to keep us in games, period, because the defense has been sparatic at best for a long time.. We know that Daunte and Moss are a great combo and both have done a lot for the Offense but I would say Daunte get the short end of this stick because Wins and Losses reflect more on the QB than on WR. Face it, since the 15-1 season, we haven't been consistant winners. That would help DC a lot. Also what would help him a lot is a defining CLUTCH performance.

I am asking for help here. Please list me some of Daunte's clutch performances. ( I have a hard time with McNabb and Hasslebeck clutches also.)

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Clutch against the Saint's in '02, Daunte was awesome in that game.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

If I had to pick the two best quarterbacks off the top of my head, I would probably think Manning and Brady. However, when you start naming Donovan and Hasselbeck, how does Culpepper not get in there. If its about choking, I think that could define McNabb and Manning in the playoffs. Every season is a new one, and looking at THIS season, Culpepper is the highest rated qb in the league. This season Manning still has Harrison, McNabb has T.O., and Culpepper has Moss. Moss probably has the least amount of yards out of the 3, and Culpepper still had more yards after week three, a higher QB rating than both, and has a 2-1 record with wins over Dallas and Chicago(who philly didnt look too great against yesterday) and a shoot in the foot loss to the God of the NFC Eagles. I guess they will wait until they playoffs roll around and we beat the Eagles for our team to get any respect.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Del Rio Guest

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Hasselbeck

Att: 85, Comp: 52, Yds: 647, TD: 4, Int: 2, Sack: 6, RTG: 90.7

McNabb

Att: 144, Comp: 98, Yds: 1168, TD: 9, Int: 1, Sack: 8, RTG: 110.5

Manning

Att: 131, Comp: 88, Yds: 1123, TD: 11, Int: 2, Sack: 2, RTG: 115.4

Pepper

Att: 100, Comp: 73, Yds: 945, TD: 8, Int: 1, Sack: 10, RTG: 124.8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We all know stats don't really mean anything, but Pepper has played one less game and his stats are still comparable to Mcnabb and Manning. He has an amazing 73% completion rate, and a godly rating of 124.8
    he should be in any QB list.

But the lists seldom contain a clean enviroment for analysis. I assume team record and the way they won would be an unconcious factor.

Mannings team pus up a lot of points and he is the person calling all the plays at the line. No other QB does that.

Mcnabb is undefeated, he likes soup, his team is averaging 27 points a game while his opponents average only 13.75 that's decisive victory.

Hasselbeck is undefeated, his stats suck, but his team is averaging 22 points and their opponents only average 4 POINTS :shock: They are winning with style and decisevly.

Now Pepper is a wild card. His stats are amazing and you and I know he is one of the best, but he needs to win and win well. He needs to do this over a period of time. Like the other three, all contenders last year. I assume when the wins start rolling in if he can play it safe he will top all lists.

On a side not he has been sacked 10 times. :shock: that's way too much. For three games.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

At least they are getting respect from the other coaches in the league.

this was from Viking Update.

NFL Coaches Give Vikings Props
    By Viking Update Staff
    Date: Oct 2, 2004

The Vikings aren't one of the league's undefeated teams, but NFL coaches still respect them as one of the best teams in the league, according to a recent poll.

Fans may not be sold on the Vikings as a legitimate Super Bowl contender, but one group of people in the know are on board – NFL coaches.

In Friday’s edition of USA Today, the 32 NFL head coaches were asked to complete the paper’s “Power Poll” – which ranks teams from 1-32. The results look encouraging for Vikings fans.

The Vikings currently rate fifth in the poll. New England remains at No. 1 with almost 75 percent of the first-place votes, followed by the Eagles, Colts and Seahawks.

The placement of the Vikings at No. 5 took into account how tough the Eagles have been in the first three weeks of the 2004 season, but would seem to acknowledge what many of us have been grumbling about since the Monday night game at Philly – if not for mistakes, the Vikings would have beaten the Eagles.

Following the loss, the Vikings fell to No. 6, but the confidence of other coaches that they are one of the league's top teams wasn’t lost. The Vikings are rated ahead of undefeated teams like the Falcons, Jets and Jaguars. Whether fans want to buy into the Vikings or not, it’s clear that the coaches around the league are giving the Vikings the respect they give the NFL’s best.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    Clutch against the Saint's in '02, Daunte was awesome in that game.
    Thank you, I forgot about that. That was awesome!!!!!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

"ADubya26" wrote:
    If I had to pick the two best quarterbacks off the top of my head, I would probably think Manning and Brady. However, when you start naming Donovan and Hasselbeck, how does Culpepper not get in there. If its about choking, I think that could define McNabb and Manning in the playoffs. Every season is a new one, and looking at THIS season, Culpepper is the highest rated qb in the league. This season Manning still has Harrison, McNabb has T.O., and Culpepper has Moss. Moss probably has the least amount of yards out of the 3, and Culpepper still had more yards after week three, a higher QB rating than both, and has a 2-1 record with wins over Dallas and Chicago(who philly didnt look too great against yesterday) and a shoot in the foot loss to the God of the NFC Eagles. I guess they will wait until they playoffs roll around and we beat the Eagles for our team to get any respect.
    Excellent comment about Moss' yards. Moss has been doing great but it is Daunte with his 70% plus completion % that has been moving us up and down the field. The other QBs are relying on their main rcvrs alot. I did notice that the role reversal in Indy. Harrison is doing well but the other rcvrs were doing awesome as well.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Hasselbeck

Att: 85, Comp: 52, Yds: 647, TD: 4, Int: 2, Sack: 6, RTG: 90.7

McNabb

Att: 144, Comp: 98, Yds: 1168, TD: 9, Int: 1, Sack: 8, RTG: 110.5

Manning

Att: 131, Comp: 88, Yds: 1123, TD: 11, Int: 2, Sack: 2, RTG: 115.4

Part of winning decisively has to do with the DEFENSE...and we all know where the Vikings defense is ranked...that said, decisive victories should not be a determining factor in deciding whether a QB is better than another...kinda like margin of victory in college football polls or Randy Johnson probably getting passed over for the Cy Young this year because he plays for the sucky D-Backs (even though he is at the top of most pitching catagories in the NL...besides victories, that is)...point is, with an improved defense, Pep would be even that much more effective than the current stats show above.

Pepper

Att: 100, Comp: 73, Yds: 945, TD: 8, Int: 1, Sack: 10, RTG: 124.8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We all know stats don't really mean anything, but Pepper has played one less game and his stats are still comparable to Mcnabb and Manning. He has an amazing 73% completion rate, and a godly rating of 124.8

But the lists seldom contain a clean enviroment for analysis. I assume team record and the way they won would be an unconcious factor.

Mannings team pus up a lot of points and he is the person calling all the plays at the line. No other QB does that.

Mcnabb is undefeated, he likes soup, his team is averaging 27 points a game while his opponents average only 13.75 that's decisive victory.

Hasselbeck is undefeated, his stats suck, but his team is averaging 22 points and their opponents only average 4 POINTS :shock: They are winning with style and decisevly.

Now Pepper is a wild card. His stats are amazing and you and I know he is one of the best, but he needs to win and win well. He needs to do this over a period of time. Like the other three, all contenders last year. I assume when the wins start rolling in if he can play it safe he will top all lists.

On a side not he has been sacked 10 times. :shock: that's way too much. For three games.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Sorry, my last post somehow got mixed up in Del Rio's...don't want to put words in anyone's mouth. The part that I wrote should read:

Hasselbeck is undefeated, his stats suck, but his team is averaging 22 points and their opponents only average 4 POINTS They are winning with style and decisevly.

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Part of winning decisively has to do with the DEFENSE...and we all know where the Vikings defense is ranked...that said, decisive victories should not be a determining factor in deciding whether a QB is better than another...kinda like margin of victory in college football polls or Randy Johnson probably getting passed over for the Cy Young this year because he plays for the sucky D-Backs (even though he is at the top of most pitching catagories in the NL...besides victories, that is)...point is, with an improved defense, Pep would be even that much more effective than the current stats show above.

I think that is actually what you were trying to say Cajun, and I agree with you. But when it comes to perception I think everything plays a role. It shouldn't but it does.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast