Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

I agree he should be. But I also think that especially because of Moss being here his lack of big wins really put him at a disadvantage on the respect scale.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

"pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    i've heard that c-pep has beef with theisman for quite some time now. anyone care to inform me how//why?

thx.

he was a finalists for the Fed-Ex Air/Ground Players of the year

theisman was the host of the cermoines

he kept insulting culpepper for the fourth and 26 play against arizona also said that there are couple players that only care for themselves not the team when talking about culpepper but didn't say his name,This is a guy who changed his name to sound like heisman.

and said he should not be in there with manning and mcnair

because he blew it

but culpepper had done his part to put his team in the playoffs the last time he was on the field his team led by 11 points with 6:48 to play.

and get this ahman green was there and he did not metion the eagle game
    or peyton manning great game against the patriots or the 41-0 jets game but mentions dc game against the gaints

dc who took the verbal onslaught with dignity was uncalled for

also last year said aaron brooks was better qb,and chris chambers is better than moss

this guy is still mad when the vikings team broke his most points record
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Theisman is a jerkoff, who thinks he's one of the top 3 QB's ever. LMFAO

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

that what i remember him talking about on the best dam sports show
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

poult is offline Asst. Coach

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

god, i didnt know theisman did all that...... or said all that. We should send LT to his house to finish what he started.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

One thing that I ahve learned from most pro sport announcers is that there is almost never any respect given out to minnesota sports teams. Unless a minnesota team goes undefeated for a good amount of time or MAYBE if they get to the playoffs the MIGHT give them some air time. The truth is though, that there is never much respect. Remember when they listed off the top 10 recievers of all time and Moss was 7 and TO was 3? Moss shoulda been in atleast the top 5, and TO should have been somewhere around 7-8. They gave #3 to TO because he played for two widely respected teams, the 49ers (suck now though) and the Eagles. If he woulda been on the Vikes I would have been surprised if he got on the list, probibly would get 10.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Maybe some people just dont like minny period. Dont know what the reasons are but it could be that they developed to be anti-minnesota? Thats what it seems like.

ANd i guess we have to earn it since we missed the playoffs and havent done much in the past few years overall.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Freya is offline Team Alumni

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    One thing that I ahve learned from most pro sport announcers is that there is almost never any respect given out to minnesota sports teams. Unless a minnesota team goes undefeated for a good amount of time or MAYBE if they get to the playoffs the MIGHT give them some air time. The truth is though, that there is never much respect.
    I suspect that some of it may have to do with the fact that they lost the Superbowl 4 times. I also think that some of these ex-football players had bad experiences with the Vikings when they were still playing.
    Of course it could be that they wanted to be Vikings and the Vikings didn't want them. teehee (ooooo I like that one)
    But I would agree with the quote that they are never given the respect they deserve and it is pathetic that it comes through in their announcing and commentaries. Bradshaw pisses me off at least once a week with his idiot commentary.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio Guest

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that he is the most fumbling QB? Maybe it has to do with the fact that in 2002 he had a meltdown? Who knows why he was left off the list.

Look at Manning Mcnab and Hasselbach, look at what they did last year, look at how decicive their victories have been this year. I think all these guys deserve to be on the list.

But Pepper definately deserves to be on there too.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    yeah but he is not gonna get it with thiesman he has a beef with culpepper
    That mo.fo. has a beef with the whole Vikings team(s). He may have said something nice about Moss once, that is it.

SKOLpepper does't get the respect he deserves. Yeah, you will here one anouncer here or there be nice to him and maybe put him as high as third.

Hasselbeck is new so it is a fresh comment for announcers to start backing him.
    McNabb is fresh on peoples minds with the addition of TO. He has also been to the NFC champ game 3yrs.
    Brady, don't have to explain SB MVP X 2.
    Manning is suppose to be the cerebral QB with so much command of the game & a pedigree helps. Also to AFC champ game.

But, SKOLpepper has been doing all the Cerebral stuff that Manning has been doing this year. He is winning. Where is his RESPECT?

Well, it is earned. If DC has concerns about it. He will have something to prove this year. Hopefully it burns DC up and he continues to play like a man who has something to prove. He will have to earn it by making it to the NFC champ game this season and possibly to the SB.

He did receive the player of the week award 2 out of 3 weeks from the league. That is a start. Then they gave McNabb the player of the month????????????????????????????

:angryfire: :scratch:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast