singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quotes From Winter Park 9/26/07 - Childress, Foreman, McCarthy & Favre

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Quotes From Winter Park 9/26/07 - Childress, Foreman, McCarthy & Favre

Packers Quarterback Brett Favre – Conference Call

Q: You have talked about not worrying about that stuff (records) and just worrying about winning…?

A: That’s true, that’s true. I’d much rather win. Reliability, durability, and winning, the other things come with that. I’ve played a long time. Fortunately for me I’ve been involved in a lot of wins. Because of that I’ve been able to play year in and year out. All of the individual statistics, they go with that. I think one day as I look back, I mean I appreciate everything that I have accomplished. Believe me, I’m aware of all of that, but I’m still playing, I’m still trying to help this team win and I’m focusing more on that as I always have and less on these other things.
    Lying Bastard! Even the cheedicks at work were saying he seemed more interested in setting the record than winning that game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Packers Quarterback Brett Favre – Conference Call

Q: You have talked about not worrying about that stuff (records) and just worrying about winning…?

A: That’s true, that’s true. I’d much rather win. Reliability, durability, and winning, the other things come with that. I’ve played a long time. Fortunately for me I’ve been involved in a lot of wins. Because of that I’ve been able to play year in and year out. All of the individual statistics, they go with that. I think one day as I look back, I mean I appreciate everything that I have accomplished. Believe me, I’m aware of all of that, but I’m still playing, I’m still trying to help this team win and I’m focusing more on that as I always have and less on these other things.
    Lying Bastard! Even the cheedicks at work were saying he seemed more interested in setting the record than winning that game.

The ONLY reason he's interested in winning is so that he can go out on top...like Elway did...but it ain't happening!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

The man is angry.

Q: Since your teams didn’t win the Super Bowl do you think that impacted guys’ chances to make the Hall of Fame?

Foreman: I don’t know who sets the guidelines to who belongs in the Hall of Fame. I always thought it was an accomplishment that you achieved personally. I didn’t think the Super Bowl should have anything to do with it. You talk about Jim Marshall, you talk about Mick Tingelhoff, we’ve got a lot of players here, some of the greatest players to ever play this game. Unfortunately, three Super Bowl losses, somehow people relate to the Vikings, in my time anyway, as losers. Forget the fact that we were one of the best two teams in the whole world, so why that happens that way, I really don’t know. I think one of the things is the people that vote now, they don’t know who Jim Marshall, Mick Tingelhoff, Chuck Foreman, or anybody. Some do; Charley Walters might, and Sid Hartman. But you and you two guys might not have even been around when we are at our best, and I’m not saying you vote, but that has a lot to do with it. You’ve got guys voting for the Hall of Fame, hey, out of sight, out of mind; they don’t know who we are…Jim Marshall played what, 281 straight games. I mean full games, and then I read about a punter who punted in 282 games? Now how can you relate him to a Jim Marshall when he probably came out and punted the ball in all of those years maybe one game in total minutes I mean. There is no comparison. Jim Marshall should have been in the Hall of Fame years ago, and the greatest center of my time, and the time before me, Mick Tingelhoff, is not even considered. Then you get these young guys that come in; of course the media has grown. Since we only had NBC, CBS, and ABC in those days, and then ESPN came in. Now with the media as big as it is and outlets and stuff; we’ve got players in my opinion that are a little above average that are being considered superstars. Then you have players that come right out and they automatically put them in the Hall of Fame in five years and you’ve got guys that belong there, like the Marshalls and the Tingelhoffs, that should be there and they are just totally forgotten. I don’t know; I don’t think it is right. I think there should be a different criteria in the selection process; that’s my opinion.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.