josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

quotes from KFAN

full article: http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=C5282700-F5CF-4E8E-BC88-E69D8796DDFC

Sounds like Tice is tired of questions about the Moss trade.

Daunte Culpepper led the first team O on the first possession and was able to hook up with Marcus Robinson for a jumping touchdown that left nickleback Ralph Brown scratching his head. Head Coach Mike Tice was excited by the athletic play, yelling from mid-field, “What, you trying to tell me we still have a weapon in the end zone?�

A bit of an update on the kicking situation.

It looks like this could turn out to be a real battle between Elling and Edinger, as both were straight and strong on the day. Edinger’s leg strength in particular should be noted. Since he came into the league in 2000, no one has kicked more 50-plus yard field goals than he has, going 13 of 19 from that distance.

Individual player updates:

Troy Williamson: The rookie had his best day so far, dropping only one pass. Daunte said during training camp that one the thing he loved about the rookie was the fact that Williamson caught the ball with his hands. That was on display today as Williamson was grabbing everything that came near him. Those of you who have been worried about the #7 overall pick’s tendency to drop the ball during mini-camp can take a deep breath and relax. Today he looked like a pro.
    Christopher Jones: I noticed this rookie on Wednesday when he took a reverse around the left side of the defense and showed a great burst of speed. Today he made sure he was noticed on more than just one occasion. The one-handed catch in the end zone brought about a huge reaction from both sidelines. This will be a hard team to make as a rookie free agent wide receiver, but you might want to keep an eye on this kid out of Jackson State.

Re: quotes from KFAN

Good quotes.. i like to see that we have good kickers and troy is doin better....

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Sounding good.

It looks like this team is shaping up to be a KICK @$$ team!

Thanks PPE for the sig.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

This waiting game is hard to take, I have never had such a rough winter for sports, no hockey = really boring stuff on T.V. for the winter, some football would be really nice right about now!

Cheer!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Thanks for the good info josdin!