cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Quotes from camp - day 3

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Quotes from camp - day 3

that was a lot more than i was expecting o.O good read

edit:

Q: You have a lot of wide receivers...
    A: Excuse me? Do you know how many wide receivers there are in each NFL camp on average? I've heard that question a great deal. Do you guys have any idea? As if 12 is a high number?

hahaha, i love that in this question, and the next two or so Childress shuts up the reported about the over-said statement about the number of recievers we have

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:

edit:

A: Excuse me? Do you know how many wide receivers there are in each NFL camp on average? I've heard that question a great deal. Do you guys have any idea? As if 12 is a high number?

hahaha, i love that in this question, and the next two or so Childress shuts up the reported about the over-said statement about the number of recievers we have
    I really think the funniest is when the reporter answers - stubling - that he heard Marcus Robinson say it were about 10 in avg. And Childress says something like: 'Excuse me - Marcus Robinson - do you really think he knows what the other teams carry. Do you think he counted how many they got in say St. Louis or somewhere, and averaged it out.'

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

edit:

I really think the funniest is when the reporter answers - stubling - that he heard Marcus Robinson say it were about 10 in avg. And Childress says something like: 'Excuse me - Marcus Robinson - do you really think he knows what the other teams carry. Do you think he counted how many they got in say St. Louis or somewhere, and averaged it out.'
    Haha :lol: thats classic Childress. You gotta love the way he handles the players and media so far. Lets just hope he can coach!

Here is the Childress interview on video, from KFAN.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I think Childress is going to pan out to be a solid HC. The way he handled this WR question is just priceless.

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

gotta luv that str8 forward attitude!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet Guest

Stay away!
    Link

Monday, July 31st, 2006 by Judd Zulgad So what’s the deal with these conditioning tests anyway? The Vikings have scheduled an early-morning test for players this morning and no one except for team personnel is allowed to watch.

The same was true when drills just like this were held during a minicamp. The best guess for why teams don’t want anyone near this is because if a player, or players, are unable to get through the running everyone will find out. Who cares? Well, that might mean an organization might quickly re-think it’s strategy when it comes to a position group. If other teams, or agents, know an organization feels it must add a running back, linebacker, etc., they gain more leverage.

Because the conditioning exercise is closed today, the first full-squad workout of any sort that fans and media members will be able to watch will take place at 3:30 p.m. today. And that will be a session in shorts. Training camp gets started for real at 8:45 on Tuesday morning when two-a-day practices in pads begin.

The good news for players, not to mention anyone else standing around watching, is that temps are supposed to “dip” into the 80s by Tuesday