Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Quote From Tice!

"ADubya26" wrote:
    we have to get out to a fast start or we lose...we play explosive, fast scoring football, not smashmouth inch by inch football. When we play out of our game, we get beat. We need to learn to get ahead of a team and keep pounding and pounding until the end. This team seems like they dont want to hurt the other team's feelings by scoring too much too fast.
    I could be wrong, but I think we have stalled on the opening drives this year. Correct me if I am wrong! We just haven't been able to jump out and play with a solid lead. If we were able to go down the field the first 2 series and get atleast 10 points, we would be in a better position to open up and be agressive on both sides of the ball.

I think it goes back to the momentum and discipline that we have lacked.

:study: Does anyone know the stats for our opening drives leading to scores?????? :study: :salute:

Quote From Tice!

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Tice is an idiot.
    I wish Tice would get a job cutting meat, that would be something to cheer for. Next year they can do the commercial with Peyton cheering on Tice.

Quote From Tice!

"Vikestand" wrote:
    Its not as easy as you think to NOT jump offsides...Though a WR has no excuse for a lineman to do is...I can understand..I was an all-state lineman for my high school and it is pretty tough to remember the count pay attention to the QB and figure out who you are blocking when there are LB's stepping up in your face and the D-line is shifting everywhere....
    These guys are pros and it is understandable a few times but not that much. It has been a buzz kill all season. Roll'n roll'n roll'n, bam right into a brick wall with another False start!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Quote From Tice!

I wish tice would go back to coaching our offensive line, the guys a beast at finding young talent.

Quote From Tice!

"cheesefree" wrote:
    They haven't blown anybody out since the Chiefs last year, why would Tice think this game would be any different? The Chiefs had no D, the Skins have a hell of a D...

The guy is occasionally funny, sometimes quotable, but Tice is no head coach.
    If our D was as "opportunistic" as it was last year, we might have had one or two more this year besides the Tennessee game.

It is mostly the Lack of stopping drives by the D. We have won the turnover battle the last 2 weeks and we have still managed to put two L on our record.

I think that both Dallas and the Vikes were mislead by the D they had last year. They both thought they would be decent this year and didn't do much to fix it. We thought that with the Rookie Udeeze and the Veteran Winfield we would plug the dike but we had some misfortunate accident that blew the hole open even more, INJURIES. Not saying that it would have been that much better if Roanall Smith and Claiborne would have played more and the Dbs wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Quote From Tice!

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    This quote from Tice just about sums up his coaching ability and the Vikes 2004 season.

OVERHEARD

• Coach Mike Tice, who expected his Vikings to win decidedly against Washington on Sunday: "I thought it was going to be a blowout. I must be nuts."
    hopefully he is nuts enough to strike a match and get the Vikes to go BALLS-OUT on sunday 4:30! What a dumb turtle-neck wearing baboon--sigh.
    Tice just likes to hear himself talk at times.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Re: Quote From Tice!

"Vikes" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    This quote from Tice just about sums up his coaching ability and the Vikes 2004 season.

OVERHEARD

• Coach Mike Tice, who expected his Vikings to win decidedly against Washington on Sunday: "I thought it was going to be a blowout. I must be nuts."
    hopefully he is nuts enough to strike a match and get the Vikes to go BALLS-OUT on sunday 4:30! What a dumb turtle-neck wearing baboon--sigh.
    Tice just likes to hear himself talk at times.
    Bud Grant told him he should be more like Parcells and Tice thought he said he should be more like Marcell (the Monkey from Friends).

vking is offline Training Camp

Quote From Tice!

Actually the blowout comment wasn't bad untill he added he must be nuts. Way to tell your team you still believe in them Tice.

That's the thing about Tice, he never seems to look at the team or its performance realisticly or they wouldn't look exactly the same week in and week out.

I'm so sick of him saying we worked so hard this week in practice. What did you work on making the same mistakes and being so damn unaggressive?

T-Bone is offline Rookie

Quote From Tice!

"Vikestand" wrote:
    Its not as easy as you think to NOT jump offsides...Though a WR has no excuse for a lineman to do is...I can understand..I was an all-state lineman for my high school and it is pretty tough to remember the count pay attention to the QB and figure out who you are blocking when there are LB's stepping up in your face and the D-line is shifting everywhere....
    Tough to remember the count? Figure out who you are blocking? Jesus Christ you were in high school. These guys are making a shitload of coin.

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Quote From Tice!

What does Tice have to do to please you people???? And tell me one available coach you would rather have than Tice, Dennis Erickson maybe, Marty Morningwig is out there or maybe Denny should come back.
    The bottom line is that a coach can only put in the game plan and it is up to the players to execute. How is it Tices fault that Brian Russell (the worst safety in Vikings history next to orlando Thomas in his late years) is ALWAYS late with safety help for the corners. Or how is it Tices fault taht E.J. Henderson fills the werong gap most of the time. Is it Tices fault that they are down to thier 3rd string RT tackle or that they are reduced to playing Shaw and Ross at CB because of injuries.
    Maybe Tice should have went in for Burleson and caught that wide open TD pass that he dropped or blocked for Goldberg on the play that he held on that TD pass to Moss.
    Bottom line is they lost on Sunday because Burleson dropped a TD pass, a false start on the 1 yard line and a holding on a TD to Moss. That is 21 points they gave away, and it is something Tice has absolutely no control over.
    If all you Tice haters are looking for someone to blame maybe look at E.J. Henderson, Brian Williams, Shaw, Ross, Dontarious Thomas, Natiel, Offord,Goldberg, Liewinski and his false starts, Mckinnie for his step backwards this year, and most of all injuries. Moss was lost for 5 games, Birk for much of the season, Winfield for a couple games, Brian Williams, Bennett has been hurt O. Smith was suspended for 4 games Robinson for a couple games Rosenthal for the season, and everyone forgets they lost the best blocking TE in the game for the season and thier #3 CB before the season ever got started. And the biggest reason of all is RED RED RED RED RED. He is so worried that if he spends to the cap limit it will scare off potential buyers because they might think they are inheriting a cap problem and they will lose interest in buying the team. Just think if he would have spent a little of the 12-15 million they are under the cap and got Trottier and a couple of verteran DBs as backups, this D would be looking alot better with Trottier at MLB Claiborne and Newman at the other 2 and any decent DB to fillin for Shaw and Ross when he was here.
    Don't get me wrong Tice has made mistakes as do all young coaches but the games that have been lost aredue to the players not making plays, not being where they are supposed to be and untimely holdings and false starts all of which are beyond any coaches control.
    Actually it is amazing that he got them in the playoffs at all concidering the injuries, the mistakes from young players, losing a kicker midway through the season and the absolute lack of depth at DB and LB.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast