Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    poult is offline Asst. Coach

A quote from my local paper...........

OK, this is from the milwaukee journal sentinel.........

"While Indianapolis's Peyton Manning, Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper and others recieve strong national attention, those around Mcnabb think he continues to be slighted." then theres some other blah blah blah then.....

"Donovan doesn't get the accolades he deserves" said wide reciever Greg Lewis.

now you tell me, when did Daunte ever get the coverage Mcnabb has.....
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Re: A quote from my local paper...........

"poult" wrote:

"While Indianapolis's Peyton Manning, Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper and others recieve strong national attention, those around Mcnabb think he continues to be slighted." then theres some other blah blah blah then.....

NEVER :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: The Press hate great talent if it is in a purple uniform :violent3: :evil: :evil:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

i dont think that the refs have forgiven vikings fans for the liquor bottle incident way back in the 70's.....at least i think that was the seventies. does anyone remember that? it looked like a jack daniels bottle that hit the ref right in the mug!!! and no one likes the cold so hence, no media coverage!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Yep, we remember that one.........Minn vs Dallas.

Last play of the game ( I think) Staubach throws the long bomb to Pearson who shoves Nate Wright down to the ground from behind catches the ball and runs for a TD. No penalty was called for the offensive pass interference. The fans were outraged.
    Out of the crowd from about 15 rows up came a liquor bottle that hit the ref right in the head.

Of course the commentators thought they should find out who did that and sign him up. Incredible accuracy and distance..........lol Tipped the ref right over.
    The guy didn't mean to hit the ref just make a statement.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"poult" wrote:

PUHLEESE!!! McCrab gets way TOO MUCH attention IMHO! He is not better than Pep, yet people continue to think that he is...give Pep the Philly D to rely on and watch the Vikings go undefeated!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"poult" wrote:

Well Poult,

As far as media attention Skolpepper didn't get as much attention.

But as far as consideration for the award, up until the Indy game, I think it was a close race for MVP between him and Manning.

I think the media attention on McNabb is related to the fact that they have been the NFCs top contender the last 4 years. Three NFC champ games in a row, lost of course. But that kind of team is going to get the National Spotlight TV games. The more you and I see them on TV the more ass kissing that will be seen by you and me, the average consumer of the NFL. The media has to fill the airwaves with worthless crap no matter how sickening it gets for you and me to watch.

Now if the Vikes were in that spotlight more, it may have been DC and Moss that we would hear about in the same way we had to put up with TO and McNabb.

Personally, I find it sickening even when it is the Vikes. Remember when we had the great offensive season in 97-98. Well by the end of the season, you were seeing the same questions and similar interviews by all the stations. We were hearing the same stuff every week, over and over and over. It got sickening. At the beginning of the season, I was trying to find every interview and tidbit and by the end of the season, I would just tune into the game and kind of block all that other crap out.

Don't get me wrong I would gladly put up with it again to have a winning team.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

The reason that DC isn't getting lots of attention is really simple. He is playing on a team with a 7-5 record. McNabb plays on a team with an 11-1 record. Manning plays on a team with a 9-3 record and is breaking records for passing. DC maybe be a great QB but if the Vikes can't pull it together to win big games he will never get lots of attention no matter how good he is. I mean 14 pts against Chicago. Thats pathetic. We lost the first game to Green Bay. McNabb crushed them. To get the attention that he deserves DC has to have better records than 8-8 and 7-5 its that simple.

WWBGD

Is it me or is there a segment every week on ESPN countdown regarding McNabb or McNabb and TO?

I understand they are 11-1 and keep winning but how about concentrating at least on some other teams on the rise or the heart of the deep NFC wildcard battle.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I can't wait to see them lose a 4th straight NFC championship in a row.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Freya" wrote:
    Yep, we remember that one.........Minn vs Dallas.

Last play of the game ( I think) Staubach throws the long bomb to Pearson who shoves Nate Wright down to the ground from behind catches the ball and runs for a TD. No penalty was called for the offensive pass interference. The fans were outraged.
    I heard just recently that Drew Pearson admitted to shoving Wright, and was surprised a penalty wasn't called.

I hate to admit it, but once I saw the ref was o.k. I was happy he got knocked silly. It dried my purple tears. :lol:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast