singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quite the career: Kleinsasser in 13th season

Quite the career: Kleinsasser in 13th season with Vikings

http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/article/id/141935/

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Quite the career: Kleinsasser in 13th season

Thanks for the read Singer.

Sauce is a solid dependable all round good guy, glad to have him here on the team.

When his time is up i will wish him well. No room for sentiment in football.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

His time is up after this year. Contract is ending. I think he should be cut this year instead of wasting a roster spot because of his history here.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

He seemed to be very involved in the pre-season game and if we want to run the ball alot, why cut the best blocking TE in the game?..

Also, if we are gonna run a 2-TE set alot, we are gonna need depth there, so i think the idea of cutting him is horrible..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Best number I can find is his cap number is 3.5 million. I would say keep him, as he blocks very well (could play fullback), we will probably have 2 tight end sets, and he is a leader in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1104444
    He seemed to be very involved in the pre-season game and if we want to run the ball alot, why cut the best blocking TE in the game?..

Also, if we are gonna run a 2-TE set alot, we are gonna need depth there, so i think the idea of cutting him is horrible..
    You have every right to think that wasy but IMO you are wrong. Kliensasser is not very good at catching the ball. He dropped a good amount last year and had one last night. He was involved last night due to Shank not playing. He was NOT very involved last year.

What makes you think Kleinsasser is a better blocker than Dugan? He is just as good and can catch the ball. Shank is decent too. We know he can catch. Rudolph has great hands and I know for a fact he can block. Allen Reisner is getting lots of good feedback in practice. D'Imperio is slated as our Fullback.

The fact is, HE WILL be gone next year. We brought in guys to replace him, might as well do it now.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "NDVikingFan66" #1104451
    Best number I can find is his cap number is 3.5 million. I would say keep him, as he blocks very well (could play fullback), we will probably have 2 tight end sets, and he is a leader in the locker room.
    I can't get Rotoworld.com to come up to check to see if its been updated, however, I was tracking the following or our TE's (including Dugan)

Jeff Dugan 2011: $775,000, 2012: Free Agent
    Visanthe Shiancoe 2011: $3.1 million, 2012: Free Agent
    Jim Kleinsasser 2011: $3 million, 2012: Free Agent

We might in fact see a complete makeover at that position by this time next year but think ole Sauce will stick as the staff realizes what he brings to the table with respect to blocking......

Having said that......I'm with my good friend Skum on this one. I was very suprised to see him at FB a few times and then he was on both ends of the line as a blocking TE.

Versatility is the key here. Guys like Sauce are hard to replace, unless of course your looking for a cat that does nothing but catch footballs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

delviking is offline Starter

Im a firm believer of keeping kleinsasser period with the O-line woes keeping a small tackle who can move around is key. yeah he doesnt catch a lot of balls but every time hes in the endzone ive personally never seen him drop a TD pass and putting points on the board is the name of the game.

He needs to retire a viking period, and if he would like a coach position. assistant TE coach would be good. He can teach the guys to block like a tackle and the other coaches and teach em how to catch.

Consider this a TE who can Block like Kleinsasser and catch like a WR
    Insane

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1104504
    Im a firm believer of keeping kleinsasser period with the O-line woes keeping a small tackle who can move around is key. yeah he doesnt catch a lot of balls but every time hes in the endzone ive personally never seen him drop a TD pass and putting points on the board is the name of the game.

He needs to retire a viking period, and if he would like a coach position. assistant TE coach would be good. He can teach the guys to block like a tackle and the other coaches and teach em how to catch.

Consider this a TE who can Block like Kleinsasser and catch like a WR
    Insane
    Good stuff my friend.

As I noted in my post game stuff. A couple of times I missed charting him at FB. He moves that good for as big as he is.

No reason at all to let a cat like him move on, atleast this year for the exact reasons you point out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104491
    Quote Originally Posted by "NDVikingFan66" #1104451
    I can't get Rotoworld.com to come up to check to see if its been updated, however, I was tracking the following or our TE's (including Dugan)

Jeff Dugan 2011: $775,000, 2012: Free Agent
    Visanthe Shiancoe 2011: $3.1 million, 2012: Free Agent
    Jim Kleinsasser 2011: $3 million, 2012: Free Agent

We might in fact see a complete makeover at that position by this time next year but think ole Sauce will stick as the staff realizes what he brings to the table with respect to blocking......

Having said that......I'm with my good friend Skum on this one. I was very suprised to see him at FB a few times and then he was on both ends of the line as a blocking TE.

Versatility is the key here. Guys like Sauce are hard to replace, unless of course your looking for a cat that does nothing but catch footballs.
    That is were you are mistaken. He is not versatile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast