Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    tdawg0002 is offline Rookie

Quincy Carter in Viking purple?

I was just watching ESPN and they were talking about what's next for Quincy Carter. Chris Mortensen said that the Vikings discussed putting in a waiver request for him. Now he has cleared waivers and is an unrestricted free agent. Anyone know anything behind why we would be looking for another QB? (Not to mention one that has been busted for drugs)
    Protect our future...Keep your kids out of the reach of any Green Bay Packers.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

I'd fly down to Mankato to stomp a hole in Red and Tice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

SJerseyVikesFan is offline Waterboy

I can't imagine why the Vikes would have any interest in Quincy "Nose Candy" Carter. Especially when we have the best back up in the league in Gussy "Head Slamming" Frerotte. They actually should really try to pick up Timmy "The Best Receiver in Tecmo Bowl" Brown.

"Where will he end up? That's still unknown, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Thursday night that the Minnesota Vikings contemplated putting in a waiver claim for Carter, but passed".

I wonder why they passed? Carter seems like a fine upstanding young man. Ya know...the type of guy you could sit down and snort a few lines with. Hmmm...

But seriously, is Gus our long-term solution at back-up? He did a great job last year when called upon but he is getting up there in years. How much longer is he under contract? If it wasn't for the alleged problems with the blow, Carter doesn't seem like a bad QB to have fighting for a roster spot.
    Even babies know the difference.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "Where will he end up? That's still unknown, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Thursday night that the Minnesota Vikings contemplated putting in a waiver claim for Carter, but passed".

I wonder why they passed? Carter seems like a fine upstanding young man. Ya know...the type of guy you could sit down and snort a few lines with. Hmmm...

But seriously, is Gus our long-term solution at back-up? He did a great job last year when called upon but he is getting up there in years. How much longer is he under contract? If it wasn't for the alleged problems with the blow, Carter doesn't seem like a bad QB to have fighting for a roster spot.

Carter would be our 3rd string QB if we did sign him, and I doubt he is looking to be a 3rd stringer. He will probably end up going somewhere he can fight for the #1 job, or at least have the #2 job. I don't see him beating gus for the #2 here, but he would be a better #3 than shaun hill(i think he is still our #3).

I HATE quintcy i never want him to have a viking jersey on. Stop TICE!

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:

Carter would be our 3rd string QB if we did sign him, and I doubt he is looking to be a 3rd stringer. He will probably end up going somewhere he can fight for the #1 job, or at least have the #2 job. I don't see him beating gus for the #2 here, but he would be a better #3 than shaun hill(i think he is still our #3).

Very true. And I agree with many when it comes to Carter, I'm not a big fan of his. But in all reality, how much longer does Gus have left in him? It would be nice to have some real competition at backup QB.
    Even babies know the difference.

NAW, no, neyet, nata, ohhie, mocks neicks never. this is not the kind of folks we need to look at for back-up if red wants to waste money he should throw it to the Purple pride Org. maybe the big dogs would throw a party
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

As a Cowboy's fan that lives by Winter Park, I think it'd be a HUGE mistake for the Vikes to bring in that POS Quincy.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That would be the worst idea ever!! Carter sucks!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast