Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Quincy Carter cut for coke use, Vinny to open at QB vs Vikes

The Cowboys released QB Quincy Carter today for failing a team-administered drug test for cocaine use. Apparently, Carter was already in the league's substance abuse program. Since cocaine only shows up in a urine test for about four days after you use it, it's possible that Carter actually used coke during training camp!

This almost certainly means that 41 year old Vinny Testaverde will open the season for the Cowboys as their starting QB. While Vinny is experienced and still has some talent, he is a virtual statue back in the pocket. If the Vikings DL gets any pressure at all on Vinny, which they should, I smell a Vikings blowout coming on opening day!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Re: Quincy Carter cut for coke use, Vinny to open at QB vs V

"purplepat" wrote:
    The Cowboys released QB Quincy Carter today for failing a team-administered drug test for cocaine use. Apparently, Carter was already in the league's substance abuse program. Since cocaine only shows up in a urine test for about four days after you use it, it's possible that Carter actually used coke during training camp!

This almost certainly means that 41 year old Vinny Testaverde will open the season for the Cowboys as their starting QB. While Vinny is experienced and still has some talent, he is a virtual statue back in the pocket. If the Vikings DL gets any pressure at all on Vinny, which they should, I smell a Vikings blowout coming on opening day!
    I heard! Vinny hopefully will suck.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Quincy Carter cut for coke use, Vinny to open at QB vs V

"purplepat" wrote:

I can't wait to see vinny get sacked over and over again. Even though I thought quincy carter sucked and wasn't much of a problem for our D, vinny is even worse. I hope we blitz the hell out of them, because vinny sucks when teams do that, and we now have the 2 CB's to allow us to blitz a bunch of guys.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

OH my GOD, I can't believe it!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

i think vinny will have a very mediocre season, he should have abot 15 td's and 18 int's, what do you guys think?

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"TheFloridianVikingFan" wrote:
    i think vinny will have a very mediocre season, he should have abot 15 td's and 18 int's, what do you guys think?

Nope, vinny will struggle early in the season, and the cowboys will be loosing, so they will turn it over to drew henson, half-way or so, through the season. Vinny won't get the chance to throw that many TD's and int's. Henson is the future and when they start loosing with vinny, they will turn it over to henson, much like the jets did with pennington(and yes I know that parcells wasn't their coach when that happened).

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "TheFloridianVikingFan" wrote:

Nope, vinny will struggle early in the season, and the cowboys will be loosing, so they will turn it over to drew henson, half-way or so, through the season. Vinny won't get the chance to throw that many TD's and int's. Henson is the future and when they start loosing with vinny, they will turn it over to henson, much like the jets did with pennington(and yes I know that parcells wasn't their coach when that happened).
    Cowboys only hope (much like last year) is that Vinny will play it close to the vest and not make mistakes, and let the Cowboys defense keep the game close/win the game for them.

The Cowboys could win a lot of 16-13 games this year, or they could lose a lot of 24-10 games. I really think their offense is poor, but their defense should keep them in most games unless the offense does stupid stuff. They better have a good punter and special teams!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

hmmmm.. Good point muchluv i never thought about that, now that i think about it i agree with you. Very good point..

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

wow he has a major problem if he can't make through camp without doing blow. He needs serious treatment (hope he gets it).

But I will be glad to see Vinny lined up in there backfield on opening day (please God let it be so)
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Nice!!! I hate to see another player canned because of drugs, but hey in this circumstance I think it makes opening day that much easier for us! I don't pay much attention to the Cowboys though... whats their run game look like and can we contain it? As long as we can then I see a blow out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast