Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Question for you guys on winfield

I was thinking about this and can any of you guys think of any Td's that winfield gave up, besides the non-TD catch of TO on MNF. There might have been more, but I can't remember any. He had one hell of a season if I can only remember that one TD he gave up.

Anyone think of any others?

This guy was well worth the money we gave him. Hope we can get lucky and say the same thing about a FA LB we signed this offseason.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I cannot, thats a good point. He's been beat a little bit on button patterns and whatnot from playing to far off but he was always right there to make the tackle.

A couple of the reason's i think hes top five is because of his overall play, his coverage and tackling ability, hes really amazing, i've never seen a tackler like Winfield from the CB position. Hes got it all, plus i really like him personally to, he seems cool.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I cannot, thats a good point. He's been beat a little bit on button patterns and whatnot from playing to far off but he was always right there to make the tackle.

A couple of the reason's i think hes top five is because of his overall play, his coverage and tackling ability, hes really amazing, i've never seen a tackler like Winfield from the CB position. Hes got it all, plus i really like him personally to, he seems cool.

Yeah, if that is the only Td he gave up, that is one awesome year for a CB, only give up one TD, that wasn't even a catch and was against one of the best WR's in the game.

We have 2 great players on D, to build our D around, in winfield and kevin williams. Then you throw in Udeze and DT, who have the ability to be great but just need a little more seasoning. We are really close to having a pretty darn good D, if we can get a few more players and we stop with the conservative, play off 10 yards, D.

even more amazing that he was only called for about 3 penalties all season..and this year the league cracked down on holding, making it harder for the D, especially at the corner position. He also led our team in picks, which was his only downfall prior to this season. He is one hell of a ball player, thats for sure!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I was really happy when the Vikes picked up Winfield in free agency, but I had no clue that he would be everything that he has been.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

LOL, the only other time I can remember someone throwing the ball Winfield's way in the end zone was the New Orleans game...which of course he picked and returned half the field.

The guy really is an amazing player. I'm happy for his sake we made it as far as the Jets...Winfield had a lot of reasons for coming here but one was he thought we have a better shot at going to the playoffs than the Jets.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

If I had to pick a second favorite team, it would be the Bills. I would watch a lot of their games and I always thought he was a beast. When the Jets were trying to get him before us I was so pissed, then Tice flew Winny out to Minny!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I can't remember if it was more than one but I do know that our LBs let a lot of TDs be scored on missed coverages.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ADubya26" wrote:
    If I had to pick a second favorite team, it would be the Bills. I would watch a lot of their games and I always thought he was a beast. When the Jets were trying to get him before us I was so pissed, then Tice flew Winny out to Minny!
    They sent Reds Jet I think to pick Winfield up in New York while he was waiting for the contract to be typed up. The jets told him late in the afternoon that he would have to sign the next day. That is when we got him on his cell phone and told him to come to Minny to speak with Cotrell and Tice. Slick move!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Look at how many TD's he saved with great open field tackles too. Ohio State puts out some quality secondary players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast