Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: A question for those who know about Vikings Payroll

Pat Williams is paid in various baked goods.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Rob Brezinski rules!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PackSux!" wrote:
    Rob Brezinski rules!
    Some would think that based on were we stand so far under the cap.
    I for one question some of his decisions right along with some other front office decisions...... :

A.
    When we needed a VET that could not only teach TJ (Coaches Coach, Players Play) the intricacies of the game, why didn't they offer Brad a 1 or 2 year contract laden with incentives to that would have kept him here?

He had a chance to still start games (what he wanted) he loved being a Viking (or so he said).
    Seems all the right pieces were in place but yet, he is gone and we have lots of CAP and no one worth a hook to teach the young Jedi.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!

B.
    Kevin Curtis visited MN as a possible candidate to be teh Veteran leadership to our young group of WR's.
    Sure he would have had a significant drop off in his anticipated production levels was a huge detractor from him staying.

Brezinski could have offered a contract with more front end money instead of something laden with escalator clauses or incentives and that would have kept him here.
    OOOPs, that didn't happen did it.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!!

C.
    Holcomb was targeted early on in the pre-season hunt as a possible Vet to work with the young Jedi and add depth at probably our shakiest position on the team.
    Everyone, including Holcomb would have benifited from him getting in early enough to ensure that he was familiar with the staff and the system.

Eagles asking price was to high.
    We balked until it became blatantly obvious to the casual observer and some of you posters that TJ wasn't as far along as the staff wanted him to be.
    End state is, the front office paid the original asking price and we got him in late, behind the power curve.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!!

Comeon people.
    I love the guy and think he is a genious when it comes to keeping us under the spending limit, but why the hell do we need to be so far below the limit.

Lets start making some credible posts other than Chilly sucks and TJ sucks and start looking at reality of why we are in the mess we are in.

Brezinski Rules, Fire Childress and his Coaching Staff!!!!!!!!

:

:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    Rob Brezinski rules!
    I for one question some of his decisions right along with some other front office decisions...... :

A.
    When we needed a VET that could not only teach TJ (Coaches Coach, Players Play) the intricacies of the game, why didn't they offer Brad a 1 or 2 year contract laden with incentives to that would have kept him here?

He had a chance to still start games (what he wanted) he loved being a Viking (or so he said).
    Seems all the right pieces were in place but yet, he is gone and we have lots of CAP and no one worth a hook to teach the young Jedi.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!

B.
    Kevin Curtis visited MN as a possible candidate to be teh Veteran leadership to our young group of WR's.
    Sure he would have had a significant drop off in his anticipated production levels was a huge detractor from him staying.

Brezinski could have offered a contract with more front end money instead of something laden with escalator clauses or incentives and that would have kept him here.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!!

C.
    Holcomb was targeted early on in the pre-season hunt as a possible Vet to work with the young Jedi and add depth at probably our shakiest position on the team.
    Everyone, including Holcomb would have benifited from him getting in early enough to ensure that he was familiar with the staff and the system.

We balked until it became blatantly obvious to the casual observer and some of you posters that TJ wasn't as far along as the staff wanted him to be.

End state is, the front office paid the original asking price and we got him in late, behind the power curve.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!!

Comeon people.

I love the guy and think he is a genious when it comes to keeping us under the spending limit, but why the hell do we need to be so far below the limit.

Lets start making some credible posts other than Chilly sucks and TJ sucks and start looking at reality of why we are in the mess we are in.

:

:
    Good post.
    Except it dont make any sense at all.
    Brezinski's job is to write up a contract when the coaches and the player personel tell him to.

And the reason we are so far under the cap each year is because of the up front money.
    Do you remember two years ago when we signed Hutch and Taylor and then went on to give K Will a nice big juicy contract?
    Not to mention the other contracts that were signed and the rookies as well.
    Them kind of contracts would of killed many teams, but not the Vikings.
    Rob Brezinski is the reason why.

And if Brezinski is as smart about coaching as he is with salaries then yes he should be coach and gm.

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Thats what Im trying to get a grasp of....If the Vikings third string QB makes the most money (per 2007 foxsports.com salary page) and the starting QB makes the least....and all three of those are like the 20th highest paid on the team
    Seems the whole thing is askew
    In most organizations your going to be asking for more out of the people I pay the most, and expecting a return on your investment
    If a guy is the 32nd highest paid waterboy in the NFL then thats probably what hes worth...now if he can show outstanding waterboy skills( such as the Kwill endzone waterboy) you will get paid more for your waterboy skillz
    At the beginning of this thread I asked about the top 5 or 6 paid players on the team, that is were you would expect the leadership and heartbeat of this team to be

It just seemed strange they paid more for Holcomb than they were giving TJ...maybe thats why they baulked,I dont know

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    Rob Brezinski rules!

B.

I believed it was really Marrdro posting there until this. What happened to the man who says stuff about everyone gathering together watching tape and making decisions as the team. You can't blame our cap manager for Curtis not wanting to come to MN.

I'm almost positive he took less money to go to philly. We're not the most popular destination for NFL players. Do you really think a loaded front end contract would have made him decide to come here & it was just overlooked.

And do you know what contract he was offered and if it truly was incentive laden?

I think the front office is a little more complex then you think ;D

I just took everything I've learned from marrdro and used it against his post. Giggity.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    Rob Brezinski rules!

A.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!

B.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!!

C.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!!

Comeon people.

:

:
    Good post.
    Brezinski's job is to write up a contract when the coaches and the player personel tell him to.

And the reason we are so far under the cap each year is because of the up front money.
    Do you remember two years ago when we signed Hutch and Taylor and then went on to give K Will a nice big juicy contract?
    Not to mention the other contracts that were signed and the rookies as well.

And if Brezinski is as smart about coaching as he is with salaries then yes he should be coach and gm.
    I've kindof been on this soap box all week, if you haven't noticed.
    ;D

The coaches do not make the decision who gets contracts.
    In fact, in its simplest form, it is a more of a front office kindof thing that the coaches have input into.

The Owner(s), Studwell, Medical Doctors, Capologist, Psychologist, PR reps etc etc etc all have an input.
    The Head Coach has a say as well, however, not as much as some people think.

You seen the quote I've been stealing from Parcells lately?

"If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries."
    He was alluding to the fact that he didn't have very much say in the players that were put on the field.
    He just had to coach what they gave him.

That was from Coach Parcells.
    The Tuna.
    Master of his own destinay, and yet, he didn't get to select his players.

No my friend, the coaches don't tell Mr. Brazsinski who to sign.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:

Thats what Im trying to get a grasp of....If the Vikings third string QB makes the most money (per 2007 foxsports.com salary page) and the starting QB makes the least....and all three of those are like the 20th highest paid on the team
    Seems the whole thing is askew
    In most organizations your going to be asking for more out of the people I pay the most, and expecting a return on your investment
    If a guy is the 32nd highest paid waterboy in the NFL then thats probably what hes worth...now if he can show outstanding waterboy skills( such as the Kwill endzone waterboy) you will get paid more for your waterboy skillz
    At the beginning of this thread I asked about the top 5 or 6 paid players on the team, that is were you would expect the leadership and heartbeat of this team to be

It just seemed strange they paid more for Holcomb than they were giving TJ...maybe thats why they baulked,I dont know
    TJ is paid less because he is working under his rookie contract (4 years, $2.9 million total).
    It's value was based on his slot.
    Outside of the top 20 players or so, rookie contracts are very team friendly.
    Here's a comparison - Kellen Clemens was drafted by the Jets not too far ahead of Tarvaris and got a $3.5 million contract over 4 years.

Holcomb was given a starting, veteran QB contract (4 years, $6.6 million total).
    More than half of that was paid by his previous employers, so the Vikes are only on the hook for $1.5 million this year, and another $1.5 million if they keep him around next year.

So the minimal monetary investment in Tarvaris doesn't necessarily reflect his skills.
    This really isn't that uncommon.
    You're paid for what they think you'll do, not what you've already done.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Overlord,Thank you for the enlightment on QBs ...Now who are the 5 or 6 highest paid guys and shouldnt they be the teams leaders or accountable core....as in Pats and Colts top paid players are the reason for their success or so it seems.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    Rob Brezinski rules!

A.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!

B.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!!

C.

Brezinski Rules!!!!!!!!

Comeon people.

:

:
    Good post.

Do you remember two years ago when we signed Hutch and Taylor and then went on to give K Will a nice big juicy contract? Not to mention the other contracts that were signed and the rookies as well.

I've kindof been on this soap box all week, if you haven't noticed.
    ;D

The coaches do not make the decision who gets contracts.
    In fact, in its simplest form, it is a more of a front office kindof thing that the coaches have input into.

The Owner(s), Studwell, Medical Doctors, Capologist, Psychologist, PR reps etc etc etc all have an input.
    The Head Coach has a say as well, however, not as much as some people think.

You seen the quote I've been stealing from Parcells lately?

"If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries."
    He was alluding to the fact that he didn't have very much say in the players that were put on the field.
    He just had to coach what they gave him.

That was from Coach Parcells.
    The Tuna.
    Master of his own destinay, and yet, he didn't get to select his players.

No my friend, the coaches don't tell Mr. Brazsinski who to sign.

We don't really know how much say BC gets, my guess would be a good sum seeing as we don't have a GM.

But the Tuna had Jerry Jones. And Jerry Jones likes to bring his guys in. I know Zygi has much less input than some owners in the NFL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast