Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    bender_over is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    95

    Re: Question on Taylor

    Taylor has good speed and is a decent WR but Baltimore is a poor place to play for wideouts. A while back there was a discussion about what Taylor's numbers would be like this year with Daunte throwing him the ball as opposed to Kyle Boller, Jeff Blake, and company. Here's what I came up with.

    64 rec.
    937 yds.
    6 TDs


    That would be pretty nice to have along side Burleson and Williamson. I'll esplain how I came up with that if anyone really wants to know.

  2. #12
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Question on Taylor

    "dauntefan" wrote:
    He's a pretty good slot receiver. I think he will be a sleeper this year. I mean....Kyle Boller or Daunte Culpepper? Baltimore is where receivers go to die. We'll know for sure after we see how good Derrick Mason does.
    Kyle Boller sucks so bad! I was right about that fool all along...when he was drafted I was like "he's gonna suck"! He did. I'm not always right though, I thought Joey Harrington was gonna be a superstar, and I thought David Carr wold suck....he's doing pretty good so far....

    Predictions for this year:

    Ronnie Brown will suck
    Cadillac Williams will be pretty good
    Cedric Benson will be a great
    Frank Gore will be pretty good
    Stephen Jackson will have a breakout season

    Drew Bledsoe is gonna suck
    Tom Brady is gonna suck, Pats will still make playoffs
    T.O. will get injured
    Moss will be O.K., will critisize Kerry Collins in 2007!
    Travis Taylor will someday be the Vikings #3 reciever.....

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    170

    Re: Question on Taylor

    "audioghost" wrote:
    "dauntefan" wrote:
    He's a pretty good slot receiver. I think he will be a sleeper this year. I mean....Kyle Boller or Daunte Culpepper? Baltimore is where receivers go to die. We'll know for sure after we see how good Derrick Mason does.
    Kyle Boller sucks so bad! I was right about that fool all along...when he was drafted I was like "he's gonna suck"! He did. I'm not always right though, I thought Joey Harrington was gonna be a superstar, and I thought David Carr wold suck....he's doing pretty good so far....

    Predictions for this year:

    Ronnie Brown will suck
    Cadillac Williams will be pretty good
    Cedric Benson will be a great
    Frank Gore will be pretty good
    Stephen Jackson will have a breakout season

    Drew Bledsoe is gonna suck
    Tom Brady is gonna suck, Pats will still make playoffs
    T.O. will get injured
    Moss will be O.K., will critisize Kerry Collins in 2007!
    Travis Taylor will someday be the Vikings #3 reciever.....
    i don't see ronnie brown or tom brady sucking.
    "We are Lions!!" - Achilles (from the movie Troy )

  4. #14
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Question on Taylor

    If he can catch 6-7 TD,s and gain 6-700 yrs, as a third, wide out/slot
    guy I think he will have proved his worth. Wouldn't be surprized to see
    him as a #2, replacing Robinson, and as Troy developes, Marcus could be the 3rd or 4th guy. He might end up just playing at the goal line.

  5. #15
    Skyliner is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    83

    Re: Question on Taylor

    Travis is gonna have a breakout season. He going to be the forgoten man kind of like wiggins was last year. Plus he has to break out cause the vikes only got a one contract on him, so you know he's going to be busting his butt out there his season. Also right now he's behind Marcus Robinson and we all know how injury prone he can be at times. So if Robinson gets like a pulled hamstring in the first weeks Travis is the #2 man. and could really light it up aganist the Saints in week 3 and probably do not to shabby against the falcon in week 4.

  6. #16
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Question on Taylor

    "DefensivePlaymaker" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    "dauntefan" wrote:
    He's a pretty good slot receiver. I think he will be a sleeper this year. I mean....Kyle Boller or Daunte Culpepper? Baltimore is where receivers go to die. We'll know for sure after we see how good Derrick Mason does.
    Kyle Boller sucks so bad! I was right about that fool all along...when he was drafted I was like "he's gonna suck"! He did. I'm not always right though, I thought Joey Harrington was gonna be a superstar, and I thought David Carr wold suck....he's doing pretty good so far....

    Predictions for this year:

    Ronnie Brown will suck
    Cadillac Williams will be pretty good
    Cedric Benson will be a great
    Frank Gore will be pretty good
    Stephen Jackson will have a breakout season

    Drew Bledsoe is gonna suck
    Tom Brady is gonna suck, Pats will still make playoffs
    T.O. will get injured
    Moss will be O.K., will critisize Kerry Collins in 2007!
    Travis Taylor will someday be the Vikings #3 reciever.....
    i don't see ronnie brown or tom brady sucking.
    Switch Cadillac and Benson and then say that Brady is gonna be good an I agree. I think Ronnie brown is overrated by a lot.

    Travis Taylor is basically our player to watch this year. He could be a genuine bust that never was that good of a receiver or it could turn out it was the raven QB's that were holding him back. Only time will tell.

  7. #17
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Question on Taylor

    well Taylor has been making some good catches in the Developmental Camps.

  8. #18
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Question on Taylor

    Honestly Taylor was my favorite pick up of the offseason.. Like everyone says who as a reciever has shined in Baltimore? Im totally happy with him as a #3 and getting 500-700 yards and 5 tds.. With Moss gone we need as much help as we can get on the offensive side of the ball.. Taylor is pretty quick and runs good routes so he should be a pretty good slot reciever for us.. He will surprise manyyyyyyyyyy people.. Another thing I like is how much he wanted to play for us.. He was the one that gave us a call and said he wanted to be a Vikes.. So thats a plus there as well too

  9. #19
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Question on Taylor

    yea Taylor knows what hes gettin with Daunte.

  10. #20
    LunchBox is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    86

    Re: Question on Taylor

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Honestly Taylor was my favorite pick up of the offseason.. Like everyone says who as a reciever has shined in Baltimore? Im totally happy with him as a #3 and getting 500-700 yards and 5 tds.. With Moss gone we need as much help as we can get on the offensive side of the ball.. Taylor is pretty quick and runs good routes so he should be a pretty good slot reciever for us.. He will surprise manyyyyyyyyyy people.. Another thing I like is how much he wanted to play for us.. He was the one that gave us a call and said he wanted to be a Vikes.. So thats a plus there as well too
    Didn't Marcus Robinson shine in Baltimore? If I remember, they were there together and Marcus was the #1 guy and Taylor couldn't even get on the field, and now you guys have him beating Robinson out for the #2 spot???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 04:20 AM
  2. Chester Taylor
    By urvaday in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
  3. Taylor Definatly Out
    By jessejames09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2007, 07:40 AM
  4. C.Taylor
    By mfenlon in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:16 PM
  5. Robinson or Taylor?
    By catlikethief22 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 11:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •