Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Question on Taylor

    do you people know the reasons why Travis was the 10th overall pick in the 2000 draft. He should have some good qualaties to be picked that high, anyone know them?

  2. #2
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Question on Taylor

    I didn't know that he was picked that high. I know a lot of Ravens fans were pretty disappointed though.

  3. #3
    Lotza's Avatar
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Question on Taylor

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I didn't know that he was picked that high. I know a lot of Ravens fans were pretty disappointed though.
    i would be too if i were a (shudder) raven fan.

    i just hope williamson doesn't dissapoint

























    Go vikes!!

  4. #4
    dauntefan is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    39

    Re: Question on Taylor

    He's a pretty good slot receiver. I think he will be a sleeper this year. I mean....Kyle Boller or Daunte Culpepper? Baltimore is where receivers go to die. We'll know for sure after we see how good Derrick Mason does.

  5. #5
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Question on Taylor

    "magicci" wrote:
    do you people know the reasons why Travis was the 10th overall pick in the 2000 draft. He should have some good qualaties to be picked that high, anyone know them?

    We'll all see his qualities this year as a vike. He was a product of a great system for receivers like him, in Florida. That was a big reason he went as high as he did. There really hasn't been a Florida receiver who has panned out or met expectations in the NFL.

    He has good hands and pretty good speed, but isn't really suited to be a #1 WR. He is best in the slot and can/will play some #2 split out wide as well, for us.

    I don't see great things from him this year, but 600-700 yards and 5-7 TD's is definitely possible for him.

  6. #6
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Question on Taylor

    well i hope he pans out. i just dont see why he was drafted so high.

  7. #7
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Question on Taylor

    "magicci" wrote:
    well i hope he pans out. i just dont see why he was drafted so high.

    It's all florida's(spurrier's) system. It got a lot of WR's and QB's drafted way higher then they should have been, because they looked good in it. His system, as we saw in washington, just doesn't translate well in the NFL.

    He is a better receiver then we have seen from him so far, but definitely not worthy of a #10 pick. He'll do alright here and give us a few big games here and there, which is really all we need, as williamson developes. Next season, when williamson is ready to be the #2 WR full time, taylor will be strictly a slot guy, where he is best.

  8. #8
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Question on Taylor

    i think williamson, burelson, and taylor will be out big three for years to come.

  9. #9
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Question on Taylor

    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    well i hope he pans out. i just dont see why he was drafted so high.

    It's all florida's(spurrier's) system. It got a lot of WR's and QB's drafted way higher then they should have been, because they looked good in it. His system, as we saw in washington, just doesn't translate well in the NFL.

    He is a better receiver then we have seen from him so far, but definitely not worthy of a #10 pick. He'll do alright here and give us a few big games here and there, which is really all we need, as williamson developes. Next season, when williamson is ready to be the #2 WR full time, taylor will be strictly a slot guy, where he is best.
    You are correct Smoot. Sometimes a player needs the right system.

  10. #10
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Question on Taylor

    well i hope this is the system for Taylor because then he could light up the charts. i think if bennett stays healthy and the line we could have a colts calibur offense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 04:20 AM
  2. Chester Taylor
    By urvaday in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
  3. Taylor Definatly Out
    By jessejames09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2007, 07:40 AM
  4. C.Taylor
    By mfenlon in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:16 PM
  5. Robinson or Taylor?
    By catlikethief22 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 11:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •