Question for the Insiders

Any of you guys that live in Minny, read the papers or have access to info...what is Randy looking like for the game? Is he going to be hobbling all game like when he hurt his hammy or will he be around 80-90% or what? I have been really worried about his status, as well as Moe's.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Randy's had an issue with right ankle his entire career. Funny, in his rookie season Denny Green predicted he will always have a problem with that ankle. Denny was right about something. Tice said it seems to get worse if he tweaks it in cold weather..., it stiffens up.

Some of Moss' biggest games have come when he's had ankle problems, he is after all the SUPERFREAK. I hope that trend continues.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

vikfan82 is offline Waterboy

Vikings coach Mike Tice said Thursday he expects all of his team's battered and bruised players -- with the exception of safety Corey Chavous -- to play in Sunday's NFC divisional playoff game at Philadelphia.

That includes running back Moe Williams, who has hobbled around Winter Park this week with his sprained right ankle in a protective boot. Tice said Williams was "much better today than he was yesterday." He said he probably will not play Williams on special teams, but he expects to use him in a "limited" role to help protect quarterback Daunte Culpepper on third downs.

"When Moe plays on Sunday, it's going to be a great lift for us to see a guy at his age and with his experience battle through the severe pain he's going to be in and be there for the team," Tice said. "Will he last a whole game? That remains to be seen. I'm counting on the fact that he's going to be in there on third down."

Tice said only Chavous and Williams didn't participate in Thursday's morning's walk-through sessions. He said center Matt Birk -- who has battled a sprained ankle, concussion and two sports hernias this season -- is as healthy as he has been in weeks.

"I'd say I'm about the same," Birk said. "Everybody is playing with something at this time of the year. That's part of being a football player."

Star Tribune 1-14
    6d7fdd2f0a72d0ab58ee5d1df6066cee

I knew that he had plantar facitis, but i didnt know about his ankle. I hope he has another big game cause were going to need it!

I also think they should heat his ankle up on the sidelines or something while the D is on the field because it is going to be just as cold in Philly I think.

Calmwind is offline Starter

This may sound stupid comparing myself to Randy but i have a weak ankle also. So i sometimes use that as a meter to determine if i think Randy will do well or be able to go full speed. If i twist my ankle so bad i cant continue to work the rest of the day i know its going to be really sore for 3 or 4 days but managable. If i twist it but am able to finish work, in a few days i cautious but it goes away (untill next time, be cause it WILL happen again). Ok sorry to bore you about me but Randy was able to not only finish Sunday's game in GB but burnt Al Harris with a lil move a a lil speed. So he finished work if ya see my meaning.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

Sunday's forecast:
    Mostly Cloudy High
    36°F
    Low
    22°F

Precip: 0%

Weather channels forecast doesn't mention wind, that'd be the only bad factor we're looking at, then again both teams will have to deal with that. Warmer then it was at Lamblow anyway.

As someone mentioned in another post, the field should be a good condition since it hasn't been played on in quite a while.

:thumbright:
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

Moss practiced today, took all the drills, and looked good says Tice. He didn't have a hitch in his step but is still a little sore...

Winfield got pulled today for precaution and is now on the injury report, he was seen wearing a boot. Tice says he's playing and he's fine.

Moe will be playing on 3rd downs to help pick up the blitz

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Having Moe will be key! Moss will play no matter what, and I think he will be ok. The trainers will just tape it up a little bit tighter than normal and it will be all good!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Darn i thought winfield was gettting rid of the boot for good, maybe he tweaked it a little bit in practice.